It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
so the govt is gonna bail us all out huh....900 trillion....
they dont have that kinda $$$...where they gonna get it???
hmm they gonna borrow it.....

congrats...you just got yourself a huge tax increase!!!!!!!!!!
this is such a bad idea!!!!!

nuff said

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
900 billion dude, not trillion. it has been proven that a stimulus package works too... just look at the first four years of The New Deal. I don't believe taxes are going to up, a huge portion of the stimulus package is tax cuts. I think we should be putting more money into the package, we need to get the economy moving or more and more jobs will be lost and our country will be screwed. IMO

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There are going to be massive problems either way. There are going to be massive numbers of unemployed either way.

What they are doing with this stimulus package is creating more of the same problems.

The system has failed, it's a broken system, this crisis proves that. So why continue to run on a failed system?

I'm with Schiff on this, they're causing a longer and deeper problem by doing exactly what has caused the system to break in the first place.

You don't make an obese person healthy by strapping them down and feeding them more. You let them get them off their ass and make them work it off while maintaining a healthy diet.
They should be making this system work of its own accord. Yes it will be tough, but at least there's a chance the system won't die.

They're just feeding the obese system, and the system will die as a direct result of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

but you and i both know that they will never change the system... theory shows the stimulus package works in a situation like this.

top topics

join