It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite voter backlash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Guess what folks, our wonderful US financed international bailout plan is going to hit the Congressional floor very soon. As we also know - it's losing public support faster than our 401k s this past year. BUT - that doesn't matter , at least according to Joe Biden.

blogs.wsj.com...

And how's this for confidence:

“If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there’s still a 30% chance we’re going to get it wrong,” - Joe Biden

So - lets sum this up. Not even Mr. Biden knows if this will work. And he doesn't care.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Neither Vice President Biden, nor any of the other political celebrities many seem to worship will feel anything other than 'virtual' discomfort in the coming days.

Whether it "works" or not isn't the point of this exercise. They are just passing time before the next - thing. The only way the market will stabilize is if it is allowed to correct itself -- which include freedom from financial commercialization of economic performance. Those butt-heads with all your money are only playing gambling games. They can't lose because it's not their money - and when they win - they keep most of the gains.

Our 'elite' are all within the buffer zone. Do you think any Rockerfellers, Morgans, or Chases stood on food lines in the Great Depression? Many of them didn't. And never do. Funny that.

Some idiots are born on third base and delude themselves into believing they hit a triple! These perennial 'leader' clans are bad news for us..., and they seem to always have been.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I'd rather get it straight up...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I thought we're not supposed to use blogs as if they were legitimate news sources.

Neither Obama nor Biden come from the upper class. Both have working class roots. Obama went to good schools because his mother worked her butt off and sacrificed to send him there, and later he earned scholarships to Columbia and Harvard. They both paid their dues and worked their way up the ladder.

The OP is just an excuse to wail on the Democrats.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I thought we're not supposed to use blogs as if they were legitimate news sources.

Neither Obama nor Biden come from the upper class. Both have working class roots. Obama went to good schools because his mother worked her butt off and sacrificed to send him there, and later he earned scholarships to Columbia and Harvard. They both paid their dues and worked their way up the ladder.

Can anyone ever see beyond the partisan veil?

And what exactly does 'working class roots' mean? Everyone has working class roots if look you back far enough..., except maybe royalty

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Read it again - its a Wall Street Journal news story.

Nope - not an excuse to "wail" on democrats - just the truth. Sorry if you think I'm picking on the democrats - BUT I'm not a democrat (or republican) and I don't like the way they're spending money on their pet projects that my child's grandchildren will be paying back. And they don't even know if it will work. The nerve.

I could care less how humble of a background they've convinced you they are from - the truth is that if your a working stiff like me they are far from your friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I'm not really sure of your point. The truth is they may get it wrong. We've never faced anything quite like this and no one is sure what will "work" and what won't.

I also don't understand why you say he doesn't care.

Maybe it's me, but could you reiterate the point of your post? Is it that our politicians are fairly wealthy?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What is funny to me is that this is supposed to be change. What change is there when we are robbing our treasury? What change is there when we post up huge massive debts in order to try and save an economy that would have worked itself out if we just let the few companies fail when they were supposed to?

I voted for change Mr. President. Where is the change?

***CONSPIRACY ALLERT***

Has anyone read through the stimulus bill proposed by our government? Has anyone noticed how it says that all monies proposed in this bill have to be allocated by 2010 and spent by 2012? Yes, it could just be because that's when Obama will come up for reelection, or could this tie into the 2012 NWO scheme?

But if anyone cares to read this phone book sized rape of our treasury bill you can find it here.

I urge you all to take a week or two and read through this plan very carefully and decide for yourselves what constitutes pork spending and what is actual stimulus. Some things in this plan from a conspiratorial standpoint raises huge red flags in my mind. I think that collectively we all have to take a hard look at this.

As a spending bill, many provisions in this package are long term solutions to the economic problem, yet this does not address a key problem in this country and that is manufacturing. The USA has little manufacturing jobs. Jobs that employ people with few skill sets. People, our country is a consumer based economy, our trade deficit is part and parcel to the problem our economy faces. We don't produce many goods, and the goods we do produce fail in quality and respect in the world marketplace. This is one area I feel that this bill fails to address.

Yes spending on infrastructure is vital to our economy, this produces jobs in local areas repairing our critical nations infrastructure, but that won't make jobs that will last in the long term, this makes jobs that last about two to five years.

top topics

join