It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pared-down stimulus deal reached in Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Pared-down stimulus deal reached in Senate

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - With job losses soaring nationwide, Senate Democrats reached agreement with key Republicans Friday night on an economic stimulus measure at the heart of President Barack Obama's plan for reviving the economy.

"The American people want us to work together. They don't want to see us dividing along partisan lines on the most serious crisis confronting our country," said Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, one of two GOP senators who signaled support for the bill on the Senate floor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Okay so this is good news
Instead of robbing the people and future generations and A WHOLEEEEE LOTTTTTTTTT, they are just going to rob the people and future generation a whole lot.

phewwww *wipes forehead*

that was a close one to say the least

still there might be changes to come but this will be the general idea i'm sure

[im]http://www.bullnotbull.com/img2009/mcgovernment.jpg[im]
got that from www.dailypaul.com...

Something is happening to nobel prize winners as well
when you have nobel prize winners saying the stimulus is a good idea something is going on with the pickings

the media talking like it's a good thing

how will history look back at this

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Instead of robbing the people and future generations and A WHOLEEEEE LOTTTTTTTTT, they are just going to rob the people and future generation a whole lot. phewwww *wipes forehead* that was a close one to say the least

Don't get too giddy though. Soon we'll be saying "THEY'RE BACK AGAIN", when this one fails like the first one did.
Politicians just can't resist feeling that they have to "Do Something", even when that something makes things worse.
I've lived most of my life, but I am incensed that these crooks are doing this to my children and my grand childrens' future. These politicians are CRIMINAL, in every respect.

Check out this cartoon regarding the stimulus bill:
www.bullnotbull.com...

edited to add link

[edit on 6-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They just said on the news that if we did nothing (according to independent and governmeny economists), we would begin to climb out of this recession in 6 months. What we ARE doing with these stimuli packages are much worse. Government is just gonna get bigger and bigger.

Communism here we come?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Communism here we come?

It's already here.
Don't say I didn't warn you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well people wanted obama in for "change" thought I don't think those that voted for him counted on him destroying us from the inside out, but that's exactly what's happening. What I don't understand is why isn't the press doing their job, being the peoples eyes an ears and picking this bloated package apart an tell we the American people exactly what's in this monster and who's getting the biggest payout.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You know what is amazing? When the traitorous Bailout Bill #1 was being crafted and voted on, literally hundreds of members posted on the threads. Now we have this Bailout # 2 Bill, and the thread can't even get past the first page. I guess most people have given up fighting it. Well, I won't. I'm still calling my senators and congressman and telling them what I think.
Wake up America. This may be your last chance to salvage anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
You know what is amazing? When the traitorous Bailout Bill #1 was being crafted and voted on, literally hundreds of members posted on the threads. Now we have this Bailout # 2 Bill, and the thread can't even get past the first page. I guess most people have given up fighting it. Well, I won't. I'm still calling my senators and congressman and telling them what I think.
Wake up America. This may be your last chance to salvage anything.

I noticed that too, what on earth is going on?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I noticed that too, what on earth is going on?

I'm afraid that many members have become "Johnny Sixpack"- you know, be resigned to getting shafted, sit down in the easy chair, pop a six pack, and watch Wrestling or American Idol .

new topics

top topics

join