It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl in China attempts suicide to save dad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Girl in China attempts suicide to save dad

www.news.com.au

Chen Jin tried to kill herself last month after discovering a medical report in her mother's purse saying her father was dying of liver cancer and had only three months to live, the Shanghai Daily reported.

"Mum, I'm sorry I couldn't stay with you any longer," the newspaper quoted her suicide note as saying.

"Please give my liver to dad and save him after my death."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't care who you are, or what you think, but this shows the ends that some people will go to to protect the ones they love. This little girl showed the world, albeit in a strange way, what it means to care. I normally look over stories like this that show how "Pretty and happy and blah blah blah" the world can be. This one caught my eye. When this young girl grows up to have children of her own, you can bet she will protect them to the ends of the earth.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I do believe you can donate part of your liver, hmm? Guess she hasn't figured that one out yet.

Either way, while not agreeing with her method, I commend her strong willingness to do whatever it takes to help someone she loves, even if it means her own death. Its never easy watching someone pass, especially when you know they can be saved. Sadly though, a liver is one item I really hope I do not need later on in life. The chances of living long enough to receive one on the waiting list is very sketchy if at all.

Sometimes, you love something so much, that it blinds your judgment. I can only wish the best for her family and anyone else who may find themselves in a similar situation.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'd do the same for my parents or wife. I'd never want anyone to do this for me, however. Odd how that works.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I'd do the same for my parents or wife. I'd never want anyone to do this for me, however. Odd how that works.

Not really odd. You woud not want the guilt that would be asociated with that act. Killing yourself in order for your wife or parents to live would be a lot easier than living with the fact that someone killed themselves for you.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sorta divided between being in awe at the depth of love and sacrifice, and recognizing that there are so many other ways she might have helped her father...

Given the emotional strain of the situation, though, I think it's pretty understandable that she might not have seen any other options, if there even were any? Wow.

top topics

join