It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge paw prints found in snow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Monster paw prints were found in fresh snow sparking fears predatory big cats are prowling the British countryside.
The mammoth tracks were five inches long and the space between each was 3ft - far too large for any domestic cat or dog.

www.liveleak.com...

Personally I think they look like dog prints but either way I wouldn't want to meet the animal that made them.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Those don't look like dog prints to me. They look like big cat prints. I wouldn't want to come up on the animal those belong to.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
www.bear-tracker.com...

This website has a lot of different common mammal tracks. This way you can find the animal whose footprints are most similar.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That's def. not a dog pawprint and prob. a cat pawprint....well that or a hugh freaking hedgehog???

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It looks more like a dog than a cat, most likely a freakishly large wolf.

the reason it cannot be a cat is that you can see, at the end of the toes, the claws, cats have retractible claws, so they wouldn't be visible if it were a cat.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Bob Sholtz]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Dog. long gate. heavy but in shape. sporting dog? wolf hound?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Agreed - they look canine to me as well for the reasons you stated.

A large canine I wouldn't want to meet out on the moors alone at night...but a canine just the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Monster paw prints were found in fresh snow sparking fears predatory big cats are prowling the British countryside.
The mammoth tracks were five inches long and the space between each was 3ft - far too large for any domestic cat or dog.

www.liveleak.com...

Personally I think they look like dog prints but either way I wouldn't want to meet the animal that made them.

Those are Wolf Prints. Cats paws, especially those of Mountain Lions, and other North American "Big Cats" Average about 3 Inches. The Big Alaskan Grey Wolves (Also in the Rockies of Canada), have Paws that Average 5 Inches in Size.

I completely agree with you, I would not wish to run into whatever made them either. An Alaskan Grey averages between 80-120 lbs., and they have plenty on record as Weighing in at 150 lbs., with some Specimens weighing in over 180 lbs. They can stand between 2.5-3 Feet Tall at the Shoulders, and on Two legs they can easily reach the Head of someone over 6' Tall. Now imagine anywhere from 3 to 30 of them in a Pack, and you get the Picture.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
hussar - kudos to the photographer - they did everything right - clear pictures - with a ruler in shot for scale

sadly - they seem to know chuff all about animals

my opinion = DOG for the reasons already stated

and i am confident that if they scoured the area - they would find a huge mastiff , rotwieeler , great dane , st bernard or other ` oversized ` dog

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Didn't write much when I posted these last night, I was in a bad way - purely self inflicted.
I was only saying to someone the other day how much I liked the snow because you can see all sorts of prints that you would never see, like deer, strange bird prints and little cat prints in the oddest of places.
I suggested a dog because I thought maybe a greeat dane or something and cat prints, as stated above generally don't look as mean due to the lack of claws/retractable claws.
It seems that Lincolnshire is the place to be for ufos and big cats/wolves. It's a fairly sparse area in terms of people.
I have found some other animals spotted in the same area.
www.scottishbigcats.co.uk...

nli.northampton.ac.uk...

Apparitions Of Black Dogs

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Forensic tests prove leopard is on the loose in Lincolnshire

A leopard!!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by and14263]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

It is Not a cat...geez what dont you people understand? All cats claws are retractable and do not show when they leave tracks except for a cheetah. These are some type of canine. Next person who suggest a cat please take your shoe off and beat yourself in the head with it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Although i thinks its just about 100% certain that big cats do roam the British countryside i think these are dog prints. They're too 'sharp' looking and like someone said the claws are shown in the print which wouldn't if they're cats because of the retractable claws.

One big ass dog though!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

hey people, this is a picture took near elgin 64 miles from aberdeen scotland by a friend .....the picture was took about 6 in the morning on friday the 6th of feb.....just thought i would share it with you and get some feedback.

CX

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Are we allowed domesticated wolves as pets over here in the UK?

I'm sure i've seen dogs that are either part wolf or similar being walked by people in the past. Couldn't this just be a pet?

CX.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd say that the prints either belong to a big dog or to a wild animal like a wolf or other related type animal. But I dont personally know of Britain having wolves like we do here in America or Canada.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They look canine for me also. Why not a great Dane? They are massive dogs

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The imprints are too long and skinny for a cat. Domestic or otherwise.

CX

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I've just done a little Googling, and came up with this info...

I'm thinking of the larger dog breeds in the UK....heres a wolfhounds paw prints....

Note there is a totaly different print set-up than the one found in the snow, so i'm going to rule out a wolfhound.

Didn't have to look too far before finding these....paw prints of an English Mastiff in the snow.....

These dogs are huge, one of the...if not the biggest of the dog breeds i believe.

www.executivedogcenter.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

CX.

[edit on 12/2/09 by CX]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
When the snow melts it makes the tracks look bigger too. So it may very well be a big dog but if the tracks have been in the warm air and sun for a while he might not be so big.

new topics

top topics

join