It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your Middle East Peace Plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, Star and Flag for this thread. Wanna know why? .. because I'm the only person here who believes in the message of the OP. Notice how we are going on almost on page 3, yet know one in here beside me starred or flagged this thread yet.

Yes, as you pointed out earlier, it seems no one is too big on peace.

Edit to add: well what do ya know? .. the thread has immediately been starred and flagged after I did. hmmm.....

BTW, you can delete this post an off-topic if you want. I don't care.

Cheers!!!

[edit on 8/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I suppose peace is only a possibility when both sides have parity. The situation between the Israelis and the Palestinians is one of occupier and occupied. The dominant side is Israel and the weaker side are the Palestinians. Any cues leading to peace is completely on the Israeli side. What can the Palestinians do to make peace short of disappearing from existence?

Israel does not want peace, why should it? It has everything including increasing territory, total military support from a superpower, immense wealth generated in the US, and a captive Palestinian population it can do what it wants to.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

There are some here who place the blame on Palestinians. You are their counterpart who chooses to place blame on the Israelis.

Not exactly visionary. It takes two to have a problem.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I noticed...zero stars, zero flags. Had I made a thread blaming one side or the other I would have received plenty of praise.

And that tells us a lot about the mindset of the world we are living in.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The only chance to peace is an impossibility as previously stated.

It would require confession of wrongs on a worldwide scale from both sides. Peace would also require complete forgiveness on both sides in light of everything terrible the Palestinians and Israel has done.

It is either that or one side must completely disappear.

Why? The ideologies are the issue. Both the Palestinians and Israel possess extreme ideologies that cannot coexist together in their current form. The ideologies must change and that can only be done by admittance of the wrongs within the said ideology.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
Why? The ideologies are the issue. Both the Palestinians and Israel possess extreme ideologies that cannot coexist together in their current form. The ideologies must change and that can only be done by admittance of the wrongs within the said ideology.

When looking at the ideologies it does look like an impossible task.

Thats why there's only hope in a new generation of people that are more interested in relaxing than in wronging others beliefs.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Originally posted by dooper
There are only brief respites between the violence and war.

War and conflict are the normal states of affair. Even when there's no actual shooting, there is preparation for the shooting.

And the faster you shoot, the less shot you get.

Is that all you talk about? .. War?

In case you haven't noticed, this t. is called 'Whats your Middle East Peace Plan'

If you wanna talk about War, go here;

War on Terrorism

If you want to talk about weaponry, go here;

Weaponry

ATS is efficiently compartmentalized, for you to fulfill your 'needs'. They have individual boards.

[edit on 8/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by masonwatcher

There are some here who place the blame on Palestinians. You are their counterpart who chooses to place blame on the Israelis.

Not exactly visionary. It takes two to have a problem.

Yes two equal partners, but why should the stronger party give an inch when it can have a hectare?

This is the crux of the problem, most Yanks are fair minded and you have been lead to believe that this is a two sided conflict. It is about occupation and resistance.

When the colonial powers were kicked out of Africa and Asia, the occupiers didn't come to the table claiming victimhood. They were routinely asked to take their armies and settlers and go away. Being occupied means you have nothing to give except resistance.

Never in the history of the world have an occupied people been asked to submit further. Doesn't happen and is incompatible with being human. I bet you would fight a home invader tooth and nail.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You are over simplifying the situation to an ignorant extreme. It does take two to make a problem. But the emphasis is not with the two but with the problem. Both Jews and Arabs ("Palestinians") cannot share the land. The "Palestinian" identity is founded on their struggle against Israel. They are what I call an anti-people. A people historically, politically, and socially attached to Israel through their suffering. Yes time does heal all wounds and I do think that eventually they will be able to forget their past but not as the current situation stands. So you must ask yourself what is possible, rational, and viable for the future of these two groups.

Masonwatcher wants to move all the Jews back to New York. He obviously believes in a world Zionist conspiracy and this plan of his is void of any decency for human life and understanding. It's not hard to get at the root of his understanding: let the Jews go back to the country they run with their lies and greed. I do not know whats worse the lack of intelligence or the trying to sound intelligent. Moving on, if we cannot move the Jews then who can we move.

I have laid out over and over again that the people of Gaza and the Westbank are Arabs. Culturally, Socially, Physically, and GENETICALLY there is no difference between the people of Gaza and the Westbank and the surrounding Arab countries. The president of Jordan is married to a "Palestinian" woman. Yasser Arafat was born in Egypt. The people of gaza and the westbank are Arab refuges, exploited only for political and economic purposes. Let them go back home. It would take three generations at the most for them to establish in the neighboring Arab countries. That is peace. And the only peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Guess I will give this a shot.

Iran- The US will drop all sanctions and renew diplomatic ties with Iran. Iran will be asked to put its terrorist connections in check as part of the deal. The EU will be advised that Iran's nuclear ambitions are now the sole concern of the EU. The EU is closer to danger from Iran than the US and it will be up to the EU how they will handle Iran's nuclear program. Time to give the EU the leadership role they have been craving.

Palestine- On a temporary basis Egypt and Jordan will take control of the Palestinians areas. During their temporary control, they will help the Palestinians to rebuild infrastructure, improve their education system, weed out corruption and establish a government for the people. They will also be responsible for security inside of the area until they have trained the Palestinians to provide their own security. OPEC will provide a percentage of their profits to help rebuild the area and to prosper the economy.

During this process, Israel will abandon all resettlement plans, promise no invasions or incursions, and work diligently with Egypt, Jordan, and the Palestinians leaders to create future peace that will be beneficial to both sides. Israel will also return any land that they have proposed to return to the Palestinians in the last 20 years. The border checkpoints will be manned by Israel, Egypt, Jordan, and Palestinian troops working together to ensure the overall safety of both sides.

Once the Palestinians demonstrate that they are able to rule for themselves, Egypt and Jordan will leave the area based on the following conditions. If the Palestinians have any complaints about Israel, the complaints will be resolved via an Egypt, Israel, Palestinian, Jordan meeting. If the Palestinians allow a group like Hamas to run amok, then The Palestinians area will be divided between Egypt and Jordan and those areas will become Territories of those two respective countries forever.

Lebanon- The world need to come together and give notice to the countries who are trying to control this place that they have 30 days to vacate the area. If this is not done, then the world should unite and go after those countries who choose to disrupt the lives or ordinary Lebanese with every method available. A message has to be sent that this behavior will no longer be tolerated.

The UN- Send each one of them to Singapore to get 20 lashings each. This is their punishment for allowing things to escalate to this point. Maybe next time they have an opportunity to establish peace they will remember the 20 lashings and jump on peace instead of letting things escalate..

Not perfect, but at least it is a peace solution.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Jam321 has the right idea. It will take ALL the parties involved to iron this out, and this particularly pertains to the neighboring nations. Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iran and the rest must all be involved.

Lets start with UN Resolution 181 which allowed Israel to be established. When Israel was created, 58% of former Palestine was set aside for Israel and 42% was set aside for Palestinian use. Lets found the TWO states based more or less on those legal borders, with Jerusalem set aside as a World Heritage Site to be administered by a third party such as the UN. Hamas has stated that they would agree to these borders so there is value in them.

Israel withdraws from the Occupied Palestinian Territories, leaving everything intact. Palestinians are allowed to move back into their territories and to move into the now vacant settlements. Those settlements are currently illegal, and were built by international funds so there should be no problem with that. The State of Palestine is established as a sovereign nation.

The US/Britain end government funding for Israel. Israel needs to create their own viable economy and to stand on their own feet. They all ready have a GDP higher than all their neighbors combined so that should be no problem. With those saved funds Palestine is rebuilt. Schools, Hospitals, Government, and Farms are restored. Palestine will receive financial and technical assistance for a set period of time to help establish itself and to rebuild. Israel and Palestine will share a common currency so that the financial health of one nation is tied to the health of the other. This will bring the GDP of the two nations into a closer balance. It will be in their best interest to work together.

An international peacekeeping force polices the area which is a No Fly Zone. No Fly includes rocket fire, and artillery. Violators get deported permanently.

Just as Jews sought and won reparations for property taken from them during WWII, Israel will pay reparations for any property taken and not returned to Palestinians.

Peace will come about only when people learn to live side by side as they do in other parts of the world, and the oppression ends.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
First of all, this is a very good improvement for the OP, after his/her terrible thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my opinion, an important pre-condition for a perpetual peace in middle east, is that many people should change their attitude in the sense of their prejudice. If the attitude, which equals 5 suicide bomber with all religion does not change; if the attitude which sees other cultures as inferior or primitive, does not change; no matter what, there will be no fine solution.
Peace plan for middle east can not only include Israel and Palestine, but also U.S. and other Eurpean Countries who exist in ME for only profit.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Middle East peace plan?

Apparently, it will require a blood bath.

Such people always exist.
I think this quote was from Batman, Dark Knight: "Some people just want to see the earth burn".
And some of these people are not only a powerless internet user like the poster above, but they have literally the power. They are politicians, foreign ministers, generals etc...And some of them exist in ME too, and most of them are not Arab, and some of them are neither Arab nor Israeli. We have to identify them. Bloodseekers should be replaced with peaceseekers.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I guess you are talking about a peace plan that would come from some position of absolute power within the U.S. Govt.

So If I had that power here is what I would do.

1)End all foreign aid. I mean the U.S. govt doesn't spend a solitary dime on any other country, organization, project,................nothing.

2) Discontinue all military alliances with any foreign military force.

3) For our own defense our policy is real simple. If we are attacked, the country of origin of the weapon and or attackers will be retaliated against with neutron bombs killing their entire population, and then annexing said country into the U.S.

4) The middle east. My solution is real easy and simple. It's not our problem. If we don't support one side or the other, it will work itself out naturally.

Edited to add:

DON'T TREAD ON ME

[edit on 8-2-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
3) For our own defense our policy is real simple. If we are attacked, the country of origin of the weapon and or attackers will be retaliated against with neutron bombs killing their entire population, and then annexing said country into the U.S.

Great plan for peace, anyone who wanted (perhaps Israel) an Arab nation's population annihilated could simply stage an attack on the USA blame the Arab nation of choice and we do the dirty deed!

Hot-damn, that could work!

BTW, I stand by my preivious comments in this thread, and I apologize, I simply couldn't resist commenting on the above.

*back to the shadows*

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Not to put a downer on things or anything but any lasting peace is going to happen unless Iran and of the other backers of the differnt extremist groups give up on there proxy war on Israel . Iran and other nations know they cant defeat Israel in a convental war because US aid will always come up trumps . There are always those who will go to any length to defend the likes of Iran all the while crucifying(SP?) the west .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

reply to (( Skyfloating))

. Both Jews and Arabs ("Palestinians") cannot share the land. [...]

' Let them go back home.' [...]

i would point your attention to this very enlightening URL,

this is a pictorial journey with sparse but informative descriptions of the photos presented...

the presentation uses rare photos some from the late 1890's
& many between the 1900's- pre WWII vintage...
& you can see that the Arabs in Palestine, mostly in the city Jaffa,
were manipulated & cajolled by the British occupation forces

take 10 minutes of your time to increase your (one's) knowledge
of the history in the Palestine area...
** for the record, for preservation, i wish to present this excellent , (self scrolling slide-show):

uruknet.info...
Those People in Gaza, Where do they come from, And Why are they so mad?

there's also a people called Balestinian BeoBlez,
i'm still unclear if these are the ethnic Gaza people...
the Hammas & others are themselves ethnic interlopers
just as the european resettled Jews are interlopers enmasse' into the region, with their own drama of a 'Manifest Destiny' which had earlier been played out in the USA~

thanks,

[edit on 9-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Founding

I will agree that basing ones entire cultural identity on "resisting Israel" will not be enough to become a self-determined nation. I think the Palestinians will have to shift their efforts in the long run.

I also think the West Bank could have been incorporated into Jordan. Why Palestine does not receive more Arab support is a mystery to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Never in the history of the world have an occupied people been asked to submit further. Doesn't happen and is incompatible with being human. I bet you would fight a home invader tooth and nail.

You are saying that Jews have no rights whatsoever to be there. This is only half of the story. Jews always have been in the area. It was the Roman Empire that originally tried to drive them out. Arabs have also always been in the area. So there is no basis for one of them having to leave.

If you could put your "zionist world conspiracy" theory aside for a moment and see that the Israelis living there are also normal people like you and me...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think your plan works. Its almost as if the U.S. and Iran are using this area as their battle-ground. Talks with Iran, who are the strongest supporters of the Hamas are required.

I wish Iran would quit the Holocaust-Denial stuff. It only serves to make Israeli citizens paranoid.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join