It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your Middle East Peace Plan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
ATS minds are being wasted with all this "blaming the other side" going on here. Our minds could be put to better use by looking at the Peace-Plan subject from every angle and collecting ideas on it. Who knows? Maybe some person in power will read this thread.

We know how to find agreement and solution on a personal level in relationships.

We know how to find agreement and solution on a corporate level.

We often know how to find peace on a national level.

Any sort of peace follows similar patterns of negotiation, moderation, forgiveness, amends and commitments. And yet Israel vs. Arabs has a long history of failed "peace-agreements". Not all of them failed though, which does let us HOPE there is some sanity left in the region:

1978: The Camp David Accords

1979 The Israel Egypt Peace Treaty

1991: The Oslo Accords

1994: Israel-Jordan Peace Treaty

These succesful attempts are cause for optimism. To balance it out a bit, these are some of the main attempts that mostly failed (up to now! - they can also be seen as small stepping stones in the right direction):

1991: The Madrid Conference

2000: Camp David Summit

2002 Arab League Summit

2002: "Road Map for Peace"

Humans have the natural tendency to want relief from trouble and stress. Thats the simple reason that PEACE IS POSSIBLE, even here. Obviously though, there are forces at work that do not want peace...otherwise it would not be so long in coming. Forces that somehow benefit from perpetual war. We can see these hate-mongering forces on a small scale on discussion Forums such as this, but it would seem that there may also be unseen forces at work.

This thread is primarily to hear YOUR PEACE PLAN though. Lets leave all the blame and name-calling and looking at PAST-MISTAKES of either side behind us for a moment and examine how we could move forward in a way that BENEFITS ALL SIDES.

My own personal opinion on this is that a truly NEUTRAL MEDIATOR is required when two parties are involved beyond the point of forgiveness.

One Method of lasting Peace may be to simply grant Palestinians their nation on the land they already inhabit anyway and declare Jerusalem "a special and unique zone" in which both countries share the areas they already inhabit anyway.

In travels I've been to Israel a few times and I believe in the people there.

What is your peace-plan?

I am aware of all the accusiations from both sides of this issue...but we have other threads for those. Constructive posts in goodwill only please.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There is one sure-fire method to bring peace to the Middle East, a proven method over the millennia.

You can't argue with a method that works without fail, for thousands of years. A perfect record.

It's easy, it's quick, and it lasts for generations.

The problem is, no one has the guts to make it work.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well that's fairly cryptic. What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

It's easy, it's quick, and it lasts for generations.

Just in case that method involves taking lives its not a peace plan.

If it doesnt...bring it on.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Most zionists and pro-Israeli Jews live outside Israel. In fact large numbers of the Israel occupation forces that laid siege to Gaza were European, US and Antipodean dual passport holders. There are more Jews choosing to live abroad than Israel.

Furthermore, Israel has had a war with all countries it borders and some that it does not share a border. Except for the 1973 war with Egypt, Israel has initiated all attacks against its neighbours 48, 67, 1982, 2006.

Zionist in the US lobby the government to give Israel enormous amounts of money, not to charge Israeli businesses in the US full corporation taxes, subsidies or gives freely weapons including Nato supplies, allows grant-in-aid and scholarships to Israel students to study in the US without qualifying them, etc.

It is self evident that Israel is an unhappy entity always looking west. I suggest that it maybe economically viable for the US to give Israel a state and relocate the entire population there into the bosoms of a generous nation like the US. The New Israel state will no longer need to have a huge military, Israeli citizens will no longer have to be worried about home-made rockets or be harried by stone throwing youth.

The pay-offs are; the US can develop normal relationships with all Arabs, oil would be secure, and no longer would the US have to sacrifice its interests on behalf of Israel. The bonus is the US tax payer will get to know the people they have invested their hard earned money.

It is a win, win, win scenario.

[edit on 102828p://pm2831 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
just build more land, if Dubai can build islands they should be able to do so too.

the sky is the limit.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The long and short of the answer is that there will never be a middle east peace that works .

There are many that believe that the issue of the middle east tensions are manipulated and being used as a tool to promote some hidden agenda , which I tend to believe more with each passing day .

I just ordered a book called , Rothschilds and the land of Israel by Schama, Simon , which I am hoping amazon ships out to me sooner rather then later . I am looking forward to reading this book and possible hearing a side to this story that is not reported on in the MSM .

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Drop the guns? That usually seems to work

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Its a stretch thinking that asking Israelis to leave is a viable or realistic or beneficial peace plan. They are there. They`ve already built a nation there.

Next plan please.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I think a lot can be achieved with the money Israel has. In fact, if I were Israel, I´d buy land off the Arabs, period.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
The long and short of the answer is that there will never be a middle east peace that works .

There will be. There's only so and so much people are willing to take, whether there is a conspiracy or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Besides all the obvious ideas.

And in keeping with the good spirit in which SkyFloating compiled this thread.
=========================================
Increase the interdependence of each group on one other.
=========================================

......resetting cynicism levels to normal / decreasing naivety......and i`m back.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Grey Magic

I think a lot can be achieved with the money Israel has. In fact, if I were Israel, I´d buy land off the Arabs, period.

Alternatively the 1.5 billion Ummah could buy the land from the Israelis and lift the bane off the Palestinians.

You know the natural place for Israelis is in the US.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The solution is with Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. The solution is with Arabs. What and who are the people that live in Gaza and the Westbank? They speak Arabic, there customs and culture are Arabic, and look Arabic...oh and the majority are Muslim. Yasser Arafat was born in Egypt. The president of Jordan is married to a "Palestinian" women.

There will never be assimilation. Not now and not never. A two state solution is impossible. Given the nature of the Holyland, the rise of fundamental Islam, and, most important, the many years of bad blood. How can you look to the next generation when they already have blood on their hands. Thus, the only possible solution is for the Arabs to move back in with their people. There is no national or historical or genetic identity for the people of gaza and the westbank. The only identity they have is their hatred of the Jews. You cannot built a national and political identity on the foundation of hatred.

The people of Gaza and the Westbank are political refugees. They are exploited by every Arab nation. It is time for them to wake up and go back home. That is the only solution

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok, this is simple, but it may just work.

Islam has to give the Dome of the Rock back to Israel, after all it was the site of the original Jewish temple.

If the Muslims give back the site, the Jews must pull out of Palestine. They must move back to the agreement they made in 1947 when they were granted land and an Israeli State.

No ifs, buts or maybes...I think this would be a start that would please both sides.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

The temple does not exist. So how can one give back what that does not exist?

Supposing Christian and Muslim Palestinians, through some clever magic or time travel bring back the temple, they would be giving it back to themselves. They are the descendants of the ancient Jews and not the Russian and Polish converts that colonies Palestine as detailed in the Israeli best seller by Schlomo Sands.

[edit on 102828p://pm2830 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I spent twenty years researching the difference between winners in conflicts and losers.

I found thirteen absolute principles that when followed, not one campaign, battle, or war was lost.

I noted that even the brilliant Hannibal Barca, Napolean, Rommel, and even Lee lost the moment they abandoned one of these principles.

Therefore, it became clear that it is the thirteen principles are absolute, not the skill or brilliance of a general.

Not one single failure since 1479 BC. That's about as good as a record gets.

Opposing sides can slap each other from now until Gabriel blows his horn, and nothing will ever change.

And that's exactly what we have in the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
just build more land, if Dubai can build islands they should be able to do so too.

the sky is the limit.

the only way to 'build more land'
is to build UP... because building outward would encroach into the
natural boundary of the Mediterranian, and that would transgress
some maritime laws that both Israel & Palestine Authority have historic
agreement.
And since the Sinai & Jordan are soverign lands, the creation of new land
cannot go in that direction either.

So, the only alternative is to construct a Second Storiee above all the
ground level land on which the Palestinian Arabs & the immigrant Jews
now dwell.
One could envision a +40,000 sq. mile parking lot, with many ramps, so that with twice the surface area, the land disputes might be
cut-in-half.
With a Third Storiee always on the drawing boards , for whenever the
situations once again become so unsolvable that conflicts arise over
the land/territory issues.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Send all the ATS members so outraged and indignant about Zionists to Gaza so they can man the front lines for the noble freedom fighters instead of just typing long nasty messages all day and night.

MF

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

A friend of mine had a sci-fi way that is horrifying to bring
peace to the whole world.

Nanite rewiring ppl into calm and peaceful tolerant passive ppl.

But that is science fiction for now.

I admire your desire for peace but there is one thing in the way.

Humans.

Humans have slaughtered 10's of millions of each other just in the last
100 years, and I cannot imagine the last few thousands.

You have two religions claiming that area, and they are zealots.

They'd rather see their family die then give up that dirt.

As far as I know none of their holy books say the soil is sacred
and must be treated as more valuable than the lives of many innocents.

It is all modern revisionism that made the soil more important
than human life.

None of the old carbon dated writings spoke of holy dirt to my knowledge.

Yet, on it goes and so it will til they either destroy each other or
something catastrophic or otherworldy brings them together.

As long as two zealots of opposing view live in that part of the
world the violence will continue.

Til the thought nanites are created...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join