It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Lost, Can Anyone Help Me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok, here's the deal, I need to know if there is a program, or service of some kind that can help me with either internet or phone conference calling, for free.

ooVoo is not free like they claim, I need something that is free because I'm helping with the setup of a missions program, they are going to try and find ways to raise money to build schools, hospitals, orphanages, create farms, ect. for the poverty stricken areas of Africa. I can't find anything though, does anyone know or use such a service?

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Try writing to ooVoo and explain what you want to do.

Some outfits will provide the service free given the right circumstances.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Well, we are not well established yet (we don't even have a name yet) and I think that ooVoo only works with the iPhone right? We have connections to rich people, but me and the others in charge are poor lol, so we need free as much as possible.

I was thinking sourceforge may have something, but I couldn't find anything.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Ok, here's the deal, I need to know if there is a program, or service of some kind that can help me with either internet or phone conference calling, for free.

This might sound obvious but have you tried Skype?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ok, this is weird, I used skype to call my friend on his phone, well it was charging my for it, I talked to him for about 3 minutes and it charged me $0.12, that's not a big deal to me, but I was wondering (because there own help thing didn't tell me), how the heck is it billing me? I didn't set up any payment thing, so, how does that work?

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

I'm not sure why it did that to tell you the truth.

But if you're talking or video-conferencing on Skype with other Skype members it is completely free.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

WEll, I'm just kinda curious as to how they're going to bill me for that, they don't have my mailing address lol, I searched there forum and didn't see anything about it either.

-Lahara

new topics

top topics

join