It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Quantum Physics

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Your theory applies if life is solely based on mathematics mate.

But human science destroys the theory. You cannot make the assumption that there is no below and no beyond... That's in the branch of philosophy.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Volatile

totaly going to edit this do to ATS house rules...

Let me ask you one simple question...

Has anyone ever come back from being dead other than jesus??

I mean for like a week? or afew days?

NO

so yes i do base my "life" on mathmatical principles the very same principles that alow you to post a reply

Epic fail... sorry this is not a bible thread or about god its about physics and if you dont understand that then dont bother trying to argue a point with NO proof... none what so ever

just like above and below MOOT...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You are blind if you don't keep an open-mind to other possibilities. People thought the Earth was flat, so don't fool yourself thinking you know everything.

You are right about the mathematics, but i'm gonna reply your question with another:

How do you know infinity doesn't exist after death?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile

But human science destroys the theory. You cannot make the assumption that there is no below and no beyond... That's in the branch of philosophy.

Has anyone come back from above and below? Nope

can i prove everything i say using math Yes..

one example.. Your typing on a pc...

Human science is based and mesured in mathmatics..

look up the word VOLUME.. it helps when doing chemistry ..

your argument fails.. this is not about god its about mathmatics...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You are blind if you don't keep an open-mind to other possibilities. People thought the Earth was flat, so don't fool yourself thinking you know everything.

You are right about the mathematics, but i'm gonna reply your question with another:

yes but being blind and being miss guided is another story all together

your question or reason for your statement was as follows

correct???

Human science is based on MATHAMTICAL PRINCIPALS... im sorry if you dont understand what it is im tryin to tell you...

and infinity only applies to someone who is ALIVE or it makes it none and void...

was infinity here befor man??? yes it was.. but you can SEE it once you are alive

the infinit possiblity of being alive...maybe you dont get this

You see sir this is a mathmaitcal debate not one about spirits or god or any other crackpot afterlife..

its about real facts... if a bus hits you going 40mph and you stand infont of it.. then im sure i will be the one who is correct unless you come back to life and tell me "there is no infinity after you die"

simple is simple as... im sorry but there is no proven afterlife no matter how much you wish to understand or prove it....

And if there was an after life or something more .. go find it.. and you know what that entails dont you? DYING

so please dont come here and try to make out im some idoit...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

My argument doesn't fail. You just cannot cope with it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You are blind if you don't keep an open-mind to other possibilities.

I reply to your question with a picture.....

Replace religion with philosophy in this case.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Do you know how they worked out the world was infact round?

MATHMATICS.... end of debate..

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

hahahaah OMG HELLISH haha

STAR FOR THAT PICTURE OMG i spat out my # beer LOOOOL

some people just dont get it mate atleast you do thank god!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

How? when you have no basis for one?

As it stands you are saying.. You cant prove there is no afterlife.. Correct i cant.. Can you?

Can i prove that light takes 9 minutes to get from the sun to earth? YES

there lies your ARGUMENT i can prove REAL THINGS you can only say OHH OHH BUT BUT ...

epic fail as i said.. you read to much into GOD theory and bible bashing

im sure there is threads that your poor spirit can find enlightenment..

over here we like MATH and mathmatical stuff

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Current views envision a universe of ten dimensions: four directly measurable (three spatial dimensions, plus time) and six that can only be determined indirectly. This is precisely what the ancient Hebrew sage, Nachmonides, writing in the 12th century, concluded from his study of Genesis!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hey, just thought I'd say that you are evidence that there are idiots on both sides of the 'debate'. You curiously go against the common mantra of atheists being inherently more intelligent based on a belief.

What are you waiting for?? Start the Atheist Crusade already!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

This has nothing to do with theism vs atheism. This is a debate about the nature of a multidimensional universe. Most posters are trying to turn it into a philosophical discussion. Some of us are trying to keep it grounded in the mathematical proofs.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro

Hey, just thought I'd say that you are evidence that there are idiots on both sides of the 'debate'. You curiously go against the common mantra of atheists being inherently more intelligent based on a belief.

What are you waiting for?? Start the Atheist Crusade already!

You see once again people fail to understand this debate as posted by both me and hellish.. this has NOTHING to do with GOD.. this debate is about mathmatics.. im sorry if you can not understand this...

and just for the record i do belive in god.. it may NOT be the biblical god you was brainwashed with "or choose to belive" but for you to say.. start an atheist crusade shows how little you understand the topic and the thread that is being debated...

Infact i know you dont understand it.. i looked at your sig..

says enough for me..

Idiots only post in threads they have no comprehension of.. and you are a prime example of that..

And i dont mean that in a bad way but this thread is about mathmatics not god not spirtits and not the afterlife.. I did not bring god into this debate nore did hellish..or anyone other than VOL. and YOU

so please leave the math people to do math and debate it and leave you silly comments out of this debate please k thanks

and just becouse i can

You curiously go against the common mantra of atheists being inherently more intelligent based on a belief.

I go against the common mantra of athesits? "makes no sens".. being inherently more intelligent based on a belief?

no sir i base my belife on FACTS.. the same facts that makes your world spin round.. the same facts that make you go shoping in wallmart the same facts that send satalites into space the same facts that make you able to post on ats the same facts that makes me.. "scream"

please please read the topic befor you post and make such idiotic posts...

Mods i was only doing my job and followed ATS rules "he is off topic" and im trying to guide it back for those of us who wish to debate

"Mindd Blowing Quantum Physics"

Not god or spirits or the afterlife..........

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

Yes, I did bother, but like I already stated my computer is infected and will not open pdf's or those videos. Or did you post some more links that I have missed?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by cancerian42

Infinty does have a start and an end.

starts when you are born then stops when you die...

preception!

ask this.. would you be able to ask what infinity was if you was dead?

there is the answer

I don't know which dictionary you are using, but I have always known infinity to be beginning and end-less. Think about it is the number of grains of sand on the beach infinite? The answer is no, even though there are an extremely high amount of grains of sand on a beach, it does not mean it is infinite, because there is indeed an amount which negates the possibility of infinity which is not an amount, it is forever, never ending.
The time I spend in my present form is not infinity. Also what do you think happens to you (not just your body, but your consciousness, whatever you want to call it) when you die? You think you just disappear out of existence as if you never were here to begin with, you think death is the end? I do not. And I am not just being hopeful, I really believe that our consciousness/soul/life essence/whatever is preserved after our body dies, that we have memory of our life on earth when we die and that we have an afterlife or rebirth or something.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This argument may be infinite.

Don't you find it contradictory that infinity has a name? Just the fact that there is a label or name for it puts it in a box and makes it finite. I have just always found it interesting; it's still just an idea because it is an unknown.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

OK... Infinity is real but you can only "see" infinity if you are "alive".. Now.. when one look at death.. its one of the same thing dont confuse death with infinity

infinty is the yang and you being alive is the ying..

once again you are talking about the god aspect.. what comes next.. in "so called life"...

I never worry about what comes next.. and do you know why ? becouse i didnt remember not being alive...

like i asked befor // can one see infinity if one is dead \\

work it out

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

This argument may be infinite.

Don't you find it contradictory that infinity has a name? Just the fact that there is a label or name for it puts it in a box and makes it finite. I have just always found it interesting; it's still just an idea because it is an unknown.

hehe

It is contradictory for one reason "god"... thats the contradiction..

infinity is both finite and inifinate.

you need to be alive to witness infinity.. but you are apart of infinity also.. befor you was alive you was nothing "just energy" now that you are alive you are matter with abit of energy" then when you die you become energy again.. noting goes to waste Nothing!! matter is not destoryed it just turns back into energy again.. "infinity"

point im making is that infinity is only relevent if one is alive.. becouse if your dead then what is the point?

would we be debating infinity if we was dead? "i think not"

unless you know something i dont ---

[edit on 12-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
I still believe that 2d cannot exist. It cannot be material since all matter is 3d. Therefore it cannot be tangible, visible, smellable, taste-able, or audible. What do we base such a theory on if we can't even perceive it? And even if it can be "proven" with math doesn't mean it's reality.

Also in "Imagining the 10th dimension part2" (the third video on the opening post) it says that all possible outcomes=infinity. I do not oppose this idea (rather believe it to be true) but that would have to mean that there was no beginning, because a beginning, one finite cause for everything, would have finite effects. Our reality could be infinite only if there were perpetual causes and effects which there are (and they are one in the same, cause=effect). However, there is only one reality because the causes and effects have definite outcomes (can be predicted/are not random) which is infinite. Matter is infinite (can be divided infinitely) and that is why there are no 2d or lower dimensions. And that is why time is not a dimension of its own. Time is a perception in the 3rd dimension of change, and since there is only one infinite reality, there is only one infinite time line.

Well, I don't want to confuse you very much. But when you are talking about 2D, 3D, 4D and so on, and how something could exist in a 2D reality, to be completely honest it is only your perception which is built off 3d.

Think of a train on it's tracks as being something which lives in a 2D reality. All it knows is to follow the tracks. It doesn't perceive any direction that isn't on that track. It has 2 directions, forward and backward. Now, we can see that the train is 3d, that it moves in other directions and so on. But from the perspective of the train, it only knows forward and backwards.

So if 2D exists is just a matter of perception. What is your perception of time itself? Forward and backward. But your choices actually change the directions and things you do in time. Go Rob a store tommorow, and you'll be in a dimension where you are in jail. Don't, and you won't be. 2 different "timelines". So you actually move around in the 4th dimension all the "time", but to our perspective it appears as if we are on those tracks just like that train.

All perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join