It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Quantum Physics

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Volatile

now thats the kicker in this!! you tell me a and b

yes its a and b but there is no A AND B becouse it looops!!!

dont apply math UNDERSTAND IT!! its alot more simple than people try and make out..

im not saying you are stupid or anything like this becouse that is very rude and im not like that.. but please understand you are NOT ME and i see life VERY different to you...

some men have a way of seeing life that changes the outlook of humans and im here to do just that

I challange ANYONE to prove me wrong in my FACTS

INFINITY IS THE RESULT OF YOU BEING ALIVE.. end of story

and its depiction in mathamatics is 2D

how more simple can i make this statement???

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
reply to post by theresult

Infinity. Well, from a point of imagination, i'd say it would be a loop, like you said. But a loop usually goes all the way around and stops at a point B, just before the starting point A.

But an infinite loop would just be something alittle more complex in nature. Something that has no starting point A and no ending point B.

But it is basicly impossible to picture something like infinity. Because, infinity never started, nor does it never end.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Volatile]

im going to go over the words here.. step by step..

1st : Infinity. Well, from a point of imagination

not based on fact then? just your imagination?? oh ok...

2nd : i'd say it would be a loop, like you said.

thank you......

3rd But a loop usually goes all the way around and stops.

wrong a looop does not stop its constant..

4th But an infinite loop would just be something alittle more complex in nature.

do you know wtf a circul is?????????

5th : But it is basicly impossible to picture something like infinity. Because, infinity never started, nor does it never end.

No NO NOOO its not impossible... maybe to you it is for me its not..

Now what is ur next argument?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

dont apply math UNDERSTAND IT!! its alot more simple than people try and make out..

I'm sorry, but we are done.

You just proved to me you don't know what mathematics are about. Good day to you mate.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

fair enough

sorry i couldnt help you understand 2d But i did try

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Sorry, for the outbreak above... I got alittle frustrated

I still don't think your theory is valid. But I don't know if it's invalid either...

I'd rather not put anymore into this, but "good game" ;]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who participated in my post. I am glad it cause a nice healthy debate thats not all doom and gloom. Thanks a ton!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

hey its ok math is always metnal more so trying to convay it over ATS and my grammer and spelling does not help

But i did try my best to convay what i do know as fact, but! as the OP said its been a great debate and very good to read.

long as we all keep it civil and respect each other i dont see nooo problems

btw im not always right "im flawed also" just like mathmatics

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D

Originally posted by cancerian42
reply to post by Hellish-D

everything we know of is matter or energy. Those are 3d.

Yes, but they are also 2D, 4D, 8D and 10D, depending on how we look at them. We can only physically perceive 3D, so that's all we see.

Prove it.

What if our world existed as if it were painted on a canvas of a material of a higher dimensional plane (4D)? An observer of that higher dimension would ask the exact same question, would he not?

I don't understand your analogy, sorry.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
We know nothing else besides 3d? What do you call the measurement of time? That is a dimension as well... the 4th.

A Dimension is simply a way to measure something. I'm not sure why you think we are limited to 3.

What is time? Time is change in matter and in energy. I wouldn't really count change as a separate dimension. It is not a stable unit of measurement really, because we base our measurements of time on matter and energy (movement of planets and stars). And there are lots of if's with time, like what if nothing changed for a little while (hypothetically speaking) would time really exist during that "time"? Remember time is the measurement of change.
If matter did not exist and energy did not exist time would not exist. However matter and energy could hypothetically exist without time.
So again, how can 2d exist? How can there be a 2 dimensional thing? And is there some type of intangible thing that it is made of...possibly???

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
Prove it.

www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de...
Click the link, read the paper.

I don't understand your analogy, sorry.

Didn't figure you would. Don't worry, I won't explain it again.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

hey welcome back hell

how was class?

go easy on the points tho !! you will end up getting banned like me lol try to be civil abit ; )

shall we being our debate?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
2d is easy to explain using a piece of paper or a computer image, but has no basis in reality, because reality to the best of our knowledge is infinite-a piece of paper is not. A computer has a maximum and a minimum (screen size and a single pixel), whereas reality has no maximum or minimum to the best of our knowledge. Our reality is not made up of pixels-so 2d illustrations using lines on the computer (representing the 2d plane with only depth and width which I do not see the rationality of) represent what in reality?

edit: trying to narrow down a plane of 2d existence is like trying to reach a door where every step you take is half the last, it cannot be done.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Unfortunately, your concept of reality is obviously limited to what you can touch see and hear, even though reality is mathematically proven to expand past that.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

sorry my computer doesn't like pdf. Do you have anything else?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

How is it mathematically proven?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What was the highest level math/physics you've studied?

I recommend downloading Adobe Reader. It's free.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Hellish-D]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

precal, and the computer I'm using I think has a virus, adobe was already downloaded.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Then mathematically, you probably wouldn't understand it (and neither would I, so that saves me some effort since I'm only a few courses past you). Conceptually, it's something completely different.

Watch this NOVA documentary, it might help
www.pbs.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'm really sorry, but that won't work on my computer either. Again, sorry.

And I have to go now, I'll probably be back on tomorrow though.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ok, but just so you realize, this won't be a simple answer, so stop looking for one.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join