It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Quantum Physics

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Quantum mechanics requires space-time to have 26 dimensions in the case of spinless strings in order that two operators defined at points separated by a space-like interval commute - one of the requirements made by quantum field theory so as to be consistent with Special Relativity (physically, it means that two events cannot be causally connected if too far apart for a light signal to travel from one to the other during the time between them). Imposing supersymmetry lowers the number to 10. However, supergravity requires 11 space-time dimensions. Physicists Edward Witten and Petr Horava squared the circle by proving that E8xE8 heterotic superstrings resulted from regarding the 11th dimension as a finite segment separating the two space-time sheets to which superstrings of ordinary and shadow matter are confined and that O(32) heterotic superstrings resulted from regarding the 11th dimension as a circle. The discrepancy between 26 and 10 has never been satisfactorily resolved because the E8xE8 heterotic superstring is supposed to have modes of oscillation taking place in 16 higher dimensions beyond 10-d space-time , whilst also having modes that occur only in nine spatial dimensions. That is why it is called "heterotic."
The resolution to the apparent inconsistency is to realise that supersymmetry only exists as a symmetry in the 11-d space-time of M-theory (not in a higher-dimensional one) and that, instead of imposing it by fiat, thereby denying the possibility of explaining why it exists, the symmetry (together with spin itself) should be understood as originating from the symmetry of the higher, 15-d space. Similarly, the superstring symmetry groups E8xE8 and O(32) arise from the symmetries of this space, the breaking of the symmetries of these groups being due to the compactified 6-d space, which my work predicts is a 6-d torus.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I think they keyword in your statement is "as we know it". What you know is a 3d perspective. When the video takes it to the sideview, which shows height, you are looking at it from a 3D perspective there, it is not showing a 2d perspective, so it's not right to try and say that it is trying to show a 2d perspective. The reason you have to imagine they have no perception of height is because height is a part of our perspective.

Thats because it isn't a completely seperated physical dimension. I believe that is the point.

Ok so you're basically saying that everything is at the very same space and we just don't see it because of lack of "perception"?

If so, that's not how I imagine it to be. if something is physical and it takes space it is physical and takes space. There is no way they could both exist in the same physical space without a physical separation of some sort (other than perception only) taking place beforehand.

In my view that's where the vibration (frequency) takes place to separate things in a physical realm from each other.

I'm not a big fan of vibration. I don't hate it, but I know it's not actually true that things vibrate, it's again a matter of perception. Nothing moves IMO except consciousness. The vibration is a wave of course, and different waves are different patterns. But rather than seeing a single string in many patterns, I see many strings in specific patterns, and only part of those is available to perception at a time, and the strings nearest to each other would be almost exactly like the previous, so it would give the appearance of vibration and such as they changed in "time".

But if that perception leads to better understandings and such, then I'm all for it. Many things in the past haven't been exactly right, but have been right enough to allow for more advances and so on.

In my view every form of energy has a frequency, the perception of things, environment, etc it is due to being able transmit and receive that frequency band. That's what separate realities with their own perceptions are. Time is what connects everything.

Without time (in one way or the other) there is no dimension (no space), things become adimensional since they are both nothing and everything at the same time.

Consciousness in a higher level is timeless (thus spaceless, motionless) so it's connected to everything, but with that it's also dimensionless (adimensional).

This stuff is so crazy that is not only hard to imagine but even worst to explain it in a coherent way.

But focusing on our physical reality as a starting point imagine your body and everything around you as energy in some state working at some frequency within a certain spectrum that goes from X to Y (forget about matter, 1D, 2D, 3D and so on).

This specific spectrum is what defines our dimension, anything below frequency X or above frequency Y are other dimensions. These frequency waves interact with each other within this spectrum and once they shift to higher or lower frequencies they transcend into other dimensions that are compatible with that frequency.

It's kinda like an radio wave where a single wave has several radios without one being aware of the other. They are independent but are together.

I'll try to find a better way to illustrate the way I see it, but basically what we are both saying is very close to each other. Specially if we take into consideration the "size" and complexity of this subject.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
Ok so you're basically saying that everything is at the very same space and we just don't see it because of lack of "perception"?

If you were all knowing, then yes everything would be 1 big "object". These things are a result of your perception and so on. This is somewhat shown in the explanation of the 10th dimension video, where they look at all those things as a single point.

If so, that's not how I imagine it to be. if something is physical and it takes space it is physical and takes space. There is no way they could both exist in the same physical space without a physical separation of some sort (other than perception only) taking place beforehand.

But the movie film when run through a projector also seems like it's separated, but it's just 1 big long film. What creates the separation is that your perception is reduced to only a single strip at a time. It's also what creates time. So because of the limited perception on that film, you now have space and time. Movie is all screwed up if you start viewing multiple frames on the same screen at the same time, just like 2 things existing in the same physical space would.

In my view that's where the vibration (frequency) takes place to separate things in a physical realm from each other.

In my view every form of energy has a frequency, the perception of things, environment, etc it is due to being able transmit and receive that frequency band. That's what separate realities with their own perceptions are. Time is what connects everything.

Well, the illusion of time is what creates the separation(time is just 1 frame moving to the next frame/moment). However, it is by understanding the illusion of time that you can connect it all back together. But as your perspective is of limited time, you can only put back together a linear movie strip.

Ever read a choose your own adventure book? All those different possible stories contained in 1 book. You just view only certain portions of it, based on the choices you make, to get the story you end up with. So a regular book is like a linear film, and a choose your own adventure book is more like the true universe. No choice or free will in a linear book or film.

Without time (in one way or the other) there is no dimension (no space), things become adimensional since they are both nothing and everything at the same time.

Consciousness in a higher level is timeless (thus spaceless, motionless) so it's connected to everything, but with that it's also dimensionless (adimensional).

Yes, it's like looking at the entire movie film with no time. Only in a limited perception is our reality and experience possible. Can't watch the movie until you put it into limited perception. The question is, are we in a linear reality? Or a reality in which all possibilities and dimensions exist? The laws of action and reaction suggest a linear existence. Problem is, consciousness and such isn't limited to only action and reaction.

This stuff is so crazy that is not only hard to imagine but even worst to explain it in a coherent way.

Yes, very very very very hard. This is the limit of communication. I have concepts and images in my mind, as do you. I have to take that, break it down into words/language and then speak them to you. You then have to take those words/language and try to rebuild what I've said. Problem is word association, what I associate with a word you might not. Plus, some of the things I just plain out don't have words to describe, and I'm not able to create images that show what I see.

But focusing on our physical reality as a starting point imagine your body and everything around you as energy in some state working at some frequency within a certain spectrum that goes from X to Y (forget about matter, 1D, 2D, 3D and so on).

This specific spectrum is what defines our dimension, anything below frequency X or above frequency Y are other dimensions. These frequency waves interact with each other within this spectrum and once they shift to higher or lower frequencies they transcend into other dimensions that are compatible with that frequency.

It's kinda like an radio wave where a single wave has several radios without one being aware of the other. They are independent but are together.

I'll try to find a better way to illustrate the way I see it, but basically what we are both saying is very close to each other. Specially if we take into consideration the "size" and complexity of this subject.

Yes, I'm familiar with vibration theory and such, I just kind of realized it's just another perception.

Here's a little something I find interesting with waves/frequency. Your eyes see I think 24 frames per second. Imagine you are on a boat. The ocean has a bunch of waves, but they are all at the same frequency, IE: they are the same size and comes at the same time. Ok, lets say that the man on the boat is only able to see 1 frame every 5 seconds. And of course, lets say that the frequency of these waves has the waves peaking every 5 seconds. If you did this, even though the man was actually moving up and down in the waves, to him it would appear it was all solid, and there were no waves.

If you then take that same man, and now he only sees the bottom of the wave, he would again see the wave as being completely solid, not even a wave. But his reality would be completely different, even though he was viewing the same wave, even though both seem them as being solid. Thus, a separate dimension.

Only if he is out of sync with the frequency of the wave does it become a wave. When in sync, it appears solid. Always the same thing. So the dimension or physical we are in would be the part we are in sync.

Or you could just have all frequencies going, and then the range you are in would determine the dimension etc.

I guess there are many ways to see another dimension. Just seems to me they are all based on perception, and when I scale perception to the highest possible level I can(all knowing) I get to a point where it's static. Of course, in being all knowing it also means that vibrations and other things are still possible within, so that is why I don't hate vibration theories and such, even though I think there is always a level beyond it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yes, very very very very hard. This is the limit of communication. I have concepts and images in my mind, as do you. I have to take that, break it down into words/language and then speak them to you. You then have to take those words/language and try to rebuild what I've said. Problem is word association, what I associate with a word you might not. Plus, some of the things I just plain out don't have words to describe, and I'm not able to create images that show what I see.

For sure, it's almost impossible to describe images of that complexity using words. And some of the mental images are simply impossible to be re-created using a limited medium outside you own brain (which is already limited by nature).

But using Edwin's Flatland doesn't help me much, especially when the "4th dimension" label has been used to describe different things in science.

I think that time is a important factor that should be taken into consideration when talking about space in a broader sense. I still think that without time there is no space. So without time there is no Euclidean 4th dimensional space even if we can't perceive it simply because there is no space.

There are so many things to take into consideration and so many variables that is simply impossible to know anything.

This whole stuff is bigger than GOD and we (or our perception) as a by-product will never be able to fully understand any of it. Better keep everything within our own reality and move on

This is type of questioning that makes us look like those kids that keep asking you something based on your own previous answer until you either drop dead, or have no answers and say stop and change the subject.

But it's for sure a subject that drives anyone crazy, and anyone that thinks to know everything for a fact is already crazy

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Awesome! This is what i call a topic with a content..

However, i guess people who don't know anything about this yet, and start reading this "mayor kwantum physic source of knowledge" assuming they can handle it.... they probably go into some shock and have a hard confrontation with there own personality...
And the baddest news is, that they realize the sh*t they're reading is to crazy, but they wont be able to stop aswell! I think i'd go mad immediatly!

But still this is the most interesting topic i've read untill now!

Keep it up!:up

Grts Davy,

[edit on 30-4-2009 by OtherThought]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by OtherThought]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

I'm not a big fan of vibration. I don't hate it, but I know it's not actually true that things vibrate, it's again a matter of perception. Nothing moves IMO except consciousness. The vibration is a wave of course, and different waves are different patterns. But rather than seeing a single string in many patterns, I see many strings in specific patterns, and only part of those is available to perception at a time, and the strings nearest to each other would be almost exactly like the previous, so it would give the appearance of vibration and such as they changed in "time".

But if that perception leads to better understandings and such, then I'm all for it. Many things in the past haven't been exactly right, but have been right enough to allow for more advances and so on.

My heaviest period of reading on related theories was a few years ago, and I can't recall who has said essentially the same thing.

But it seemed the obvious explanation to me then, and still does.

Variable frequencies account for just about all differentiations, from the atomic particle level outward. Possibly the universe it self. We note people like Tesla dabbling with ultra-low frequencies in experiments that may yet
answer future questions.

I expect there are qualitative vibrational variables as well.

And the inevitable speculation is we may be just in one of any number of simultaneous dimensions unaware of the others. Occasional harmonizations accounting for phenomena we cannot explain.

Mike

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i forgot about this little gem !!

Just to make it clear "i'm the result" so we don't get any confusion.

life itself is an equation "that is why i had the name result" in order for the universe to be here requires your mind and body.. your body is the rock your mind is the thing that keeps the rock A rock.. we are the bond we are in fact the universe..

Something MADE the loop "don't ask me what" i am as clueless as you in that regard BUT i know how it works..

Feel free to look up some of my posts that i made as both theresult and as my current name.

yes i was banned for being silly but i know better
"one for the mods who gave me a chance"

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello all, this is my first post on ats , ive beem browsing this forum for a while now, and because of this topic i have registered.

ive got a question(s) i hope the humble and intellegent people posting on this topic can help me out here.

im basicly wondering where/if quantum physics/mathematics correlates with astral projecting or dreaming.
let me try and explain. sometimes when im about to fall asleep and i focus on my minds eye i begin to feel myself go into sleep paralysis(this is when your body is shutting down and your slipping into your 'dream state' )however your still concious and aware of what is going on, but you cannot move your physical body and your still 'in your minds eye' or in the 'dream state. at this exact moment of sleep paralysis i feel my concious body and mind leaving my physical body . i can only describe the sensation as being sucked through a wormhole. it is the most overwhelming feeling ive ever had besides doing mushrooms. am i hypotheticly going to another dimension if so which dimension is it. i must say that ive always been afraid of the sensation i get when trying to astral project or get 'sleep paralysis' its the sensation of thdivine unknown. from the point on i can manage to wake myself up and snap out of itl but it us quite hard since u are paralised you have to start by breathing deep thenwiggling a toe or something to wake yourself up.

is this simply the exactmoment when your brain releases the dmt from your pineal gland and the other chemical which paralises your body while your sleeping.
could i be experiencing interdimensional travel if so which dimension?
could this be explained by quantum physics?

im sorry if this is off topic but i cannot start a new thread as i dont have 20 posts yet vim just hoping some of the brilliant people posting on this topic may be able to shed some light on this.

thanks and peace!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The problem with string theory is that is is just theory. A Theory that didn't predict any of the followed experimental results and hasn't proposed any relevant experimental observation either. It is like drawing a map by your own, for different points in a city. You can make hundreds of maps that have those points, or even every intersection. And all the math will add up. But is isn't a right map, because if I draw a line between two points, I need for instance to cross X number of roads. This X will differ from each map. And if I make an a group of all possible point to point lines. It will be unique for each map. Only one will match the real world the map is made for. String theory is a beautiful ameble straight line map. But it doesn't represent the real world. It is useful, but not a good theory or map. like a subway map, usefell to use, not to navigate on.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join