It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Quantum Physics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Linked herein is a movie that explains all 10 dimensions. I figured this might become a really neat discussion. Again I am pretty new to ATS so if this material has already been discussed please feel free to flame me for it. For a long time the idea of parallel universes was shunned by scientists. However ever since the introduction of string theory it has again become more accepted.

WARNING : This video may change the way you look at everything.

Before you can understand the videos that I am about to show first you must understand the idea of Flatland. I am also including one on laws of attraction just because it's interesting.

The Vid's Link

Now that you understand flatland lets go into some really insane stuff now. This will blow your mind.

Imagine the 10th dimension part 1 of 2

This is where it really gets good.

Understanding the 10th dimension part 2 of 2

Cheers!!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is the laws of attraction video.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dr. Quantum
,sounds like some superhero/villain.

Seen the 10th dimension vids before on disclose.tv .They are interesting to say the least.Thanks for the Dr. Quantum vids,they are interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I might as well post a couple more vids that are pretty insane to say the least. Dr. Quantum is cool!

Quantum Entanglement

Quantum Physics : Welcome to the Matrix

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
its all a big load of tripe

Oh wow look we understand something that tells us is unpridiceblte by its nature

so how the # can you understand what you dont know?

lol ; ) kinda like a fortune teller..

Blink im gone!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
We know some things. That puts a whole in your theory of tripeness.

I'm adding one last video.

The Time Machine!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Edited for being negitive

What i was trying to say was "we know its all possible"

But in the animation on the 1st clip "do you notice the "3d walls" the 2d object is "looking at"£>

prejection of thought and understading is not the as it you may THINK

the 2d aspect of a 3d relaity is a falisy for its just a "oppisite"

odd number versus even number

dont let any silly "dr whatever" brain wash you into thinking there is some silly 2d thing!!

there is NO 2d.. as its all based on the 3d Preseption of life

get it? hehe its like being a circul and looking at the line that makes up the circul? is it a circul? or a line?

depends on who is looking at it and why

hope that helps

[edit on 6-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Lol. I'm not brainwashed. Flatland is old old old. I know flatland does not exist. Its just an example to explain certain fundimentals re: higher dimensions. Its a simple example thats all. 2d does exist in Geometry.

I'm a math and physics major btw. Just fyi

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey great post.
S/F
I enjoyed it and found it refreshing instead of all the gloom and doom threads.

But don't forget about

String Theory

String theory is of interest to many physicists because of the mathematical consistency involved and because of the large number of forms that the theories can take. String theory strongly suggests that spacetime has eleven dimensions,[1] as opposed to the usual three space and one time, but the theory can easily describe universes with four observable spacetime dimensions as well.

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

[edit on 6-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
One thing I don't get about the 2nd dimension-what is it made of? It can't be material since matter is 3d. Even a picture on a piece of paper isn't really 2d since it actually does have depth (the depth of the thickness of the paper and the medium of which the picture was created on top of the paper).

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
only becouse of preception of ones dimensiton

I do math also fyi

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Good thread, I often forget that other people don't understand these things when I talk.

Btw, flatland is not new. Carl Sagan made a video saying the exact same thing years ago. The animated version with dr quantum is just a tad bit better because Carl Sagan was using a board and an apple that he had to cut up to show the effects, and it is able to animate it.

Also, someone asked the 2nd dimension is made of. The 2nd dimension is actually only the perspective of that consciousness/thing. It is actually moving around in the 3rd dimension(and higher) the entire time but doesn't realize it.

You are right now traveling in these dimensions as well, it appears that it is linear because of your individual perspective, just as it does for the 2d thing.

I don't want to turn this thread into a religious topic, but where it talks about paths and such, this is why I believe in the path of Jesus.

Here is a previous thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is a very good topic. Follows along with the recent hologram thread by skyfloating pretty well.

As the information suggests, this construct is no different than the MOVIE "The Matrix"... Whether it be an ACTUAL computer program or that our computer programs are just a subset representation of what occurs naturally.
Eh, it is so hard to actually put this stuff into intelligable words. The people on those videos do a nice job though. Thanks for the vids.

S&F

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I like the Dr. Quantum vids, it makes people think... but I have a few problems with their logic.

If all subatomic particles are created by vibrating superstrings in the 10th dimension, then that would require the 10th dimension's existence for our 3 dimensional universe to exist. So does the universe just pop into existence with all 10 dimensions? Maybe from a 10th dimensional perspective it does.

Regarding multiple timelines: they can exist within 2 dimensions. No need for a whole bunch of dimensions to explain that. Fractals can be 2 dimensional for instance. Maybe they have a different definition of "dimension", but from my perspective it's a vector which is aligned differently from the other vectors. You could have many 3 dimensional bubbles for instance. But just because there's more than one doesn't make it a new dimension.

Just my 2c. Thanks for the vids.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i watched the video twice and got lost after the 4th dimension. But then again my head hurts when I think about infinity and eternity too..lol

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I like the Dr. Quantum vids, it makes people think... but I have a few problems with their logic.

If all subatomic particles are created by vibrating superstrings in the 10th dimension, then that would require the 10th dimension's existence for our 3 dimensional universe to exist. So does the universe just pop into existence with all 10 dimensions? Maybe from a 10th dimensional perspective it does.

Regarding multiple timelines: they can exist within 2 dimensions. No need for a whole bunch of dimensions to explain that. Fractals can be 2 dimensional for instance. Maybe they have a different definition of "dimension", but from my perspective it's a vector which is aligned differently from the other vectors. You could have many 3 dimensional bubbles for instance. But just because there's more than one doesn't make it a new dimension.

Just my 2c. Thanks for the vids.

Well the 10 dimensions being there for this 3d existence is part of point. What you say that requires is what they are saying is.

The thing about the string is that it is just a portion of it that you see in your perception. That portion of the string(wave) is the particle. Like in the flatland example, how when the finger goes through the 2d plane, you do not see the entire finger in that perspective, you see an outline/circle of the finger.

So reality within these 10 dimensions is based on perspective. It is your perspective that is in 3d, not reality. You move in the dimensions every second. That is what the illusion of time is, the movement from 1 dimension to the next.

So these things are more so relevant to the perspective. And, it also doesn't attempt to define or explain what it is that creates that perspective and what the observer is. That is not included.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I dont think this theory can be the truth ... really... it would mean that we would be a computer program with a lot of ifs ... I am not convinced that this is the best way to describe our world .... but, WHO KNOWS ...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
its all a big load of tripe

Oh wow look we understand something that tells us is unpridiceblte by its nature

so how the # can you understand what you dont know?

lol ; ) kinda like a fortune teller..

Blink im gone!

Actually, I have actually worked within the 6th dimension. It's the process of moving from one "Universe" to another.

It's not that difficult, and I figured it out with only my self and a deep depression to fuel it.

Moving to another Parallel Universe has a few very interesting characteristics, but they can all be described via the metaphor of leaving our planet and it's atmosphere, moving through the exosphere and then entering another atmosphere.

The results are fantastic, and there are lots of life changing side effects.

If anyone is interested feel free to u2u me....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm firmly enjoying this thread, great posts all around. I lack the smarts to get really involved in the discussion but I think I get the principles in general.

I've always known that human consciousness can do remarkable things, seemingly supernatural things sometimes. However I was not aware that the field of quantum physic attests to this.

The fact that the power of our own consciousness can affect creation is a powerful revelation. It brings to mind prayer, emoting on objects, E.S.P., miracles and other supernatural inquiries.

String theory is just fascinating. I can't help but thinking that the entire universe exists because God spoke and the resonant waves, or strings, of his voice make up our reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is too vast to discuss in a simple message.

On thing that people might think about is how the mind is trans-dimensional. The hardware is the mass of fat tissues encased in the skull, the brain is sort of the platform.

The software is dynamic and unlimited in it's complexity. Memory is data storage.

In a way the mind is a microscopic scale universe with as much or possibly even more complexity.

Dimensions are more than just theoretical constructs. We move through them with every thought.

Mike F

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join