It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore to Children: Question Your Parents' Climate Beliefs as We Questioned Segregation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Audio aired on Glenn Beck's radio program has media-darling telling kids, 'there are some things about our world that you know that older people don't know.'

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
2/4/2009 3:43:35 PM

Imagine this – a former high-ranking and well-respected government official telling your children that they know something you don’t. Is this Cold War-era Soviet Union? Nope. It’s Maryland, and the official is former Vice President Al Gore.

In audio aired on the Feb. 4 “Glenn Beck Radio Program,” Gore was advising school children on the eve of the inauguration of President Barack Obama, presumably at the University of Maryland Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference. He said that it’s up to them to question their parents on conventional wisdom in order to overcome the challenges of modern America, one of them being global warming.

“But I’m thinking back a long way to when I was your age and the civil rights revolution was unfolding,” Gore said. “And we kids asked our parents and their generation, ‘Explain to me again why it’s OK for the law to officially discriminate against people because of their skin color?’ And parent’s try to tell their kids the right thing, you know? Usually, I do. And when our parent’s generation couldn’t answer that question, that’s when the law started to change.”

Link

The media, commercials especially, has for a long time been conditioning kids by misrepresenting a normal hierarchical family structure, the kids always being the smart ones and the parents always being the blithering idiots. Well, I guess the parents & kids have been softened up enough to take it to the next stage. Here comes Al Gore and the tattle-tale squads.

Edit: Here's the Al Gore audio:

Part 1

Part 2

Peace

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My 7 year old heard this today and had a great reply.

"'there are some things about our world that you know that older people don't know."

To which he replied:

But Al Gore is really old so he must be one of the older people who doesn't know and I am sure I shouldn't listen to him. He even sounds dumb!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah I heard this played last night on AJ's show. It's just the Global warming scam artist trying to plant the seed in childrens .s early that Global Warming is a fact . Its sad how Al Gore compares a real problem like segregation/racism to Global Warming.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Whatever the case, it definitely won't hurt to show the Earth respect.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Would you rather listen to Gore? Or rely on Iranian oil and Russian gas?

But maybe Putin is the Saviour? All hail the future ruler of the world?

Sheeple, be careful!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Would you rather listen to Gore? Or rely on Iranian oil and Russian gas?

Why exactly would we have to rely on Iranian oil and Russian gas?

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe Al made a syntax error in the way he made the statement and maybe not. I think he was really trying to give the children a compliment in a manner of speaking and it came out the wrong way.

(I'm not defending him nor criticizing him. I don't know about global warming though I do believe that we pollute our planet nonstop and that there are impacts from that. Whether or not global warming is real or not I cannot say)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

LOL...al gorbal warming and james handson should be tried on rico charges for racatering(sp) These 2 idiots are trying to scam millions of people out of thier money with a carbon tax. Lets see, i let out about 800 cubic feet of c02 per year so I should pay for my carbon footprint right?

I wish we had more global warming in Chicago, its been pretty cold lately and we have surpassed the amount of snow reccorded in the 100 years, observation data means squat, yet they use it all the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Whatever the case, it definitely won't hurt to show the Earth respect.

Nightchild. C02 does not hurt or disrespect the Earth.

That's the whole point!

- Boat

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm no expert in the subject but from what I've read the warming process affects the North Atlantic current. Somehow causing warm water to flow North where the heat would leave the atmosphere causing a cooling effect. From what I understand this convection would eventually cause a loss of heat cooling the Earth. I don't think the term is accurate.

Whether it's right or not it doesn't take much common sense to understand that living in a polluted environment is not the way to go. Ice caps melting causing the salinity of the oceans to decrease also affecting it's ability to regulate the Earth's temperature.

Anyway it goes it's kind of ridiculous to think that we don't have an effect on our environment that would eventually impact our climate. I think that when you don't understand the process (and I'm talking about me) it's difficult to make absolute statements about what may or may not happen.

My analogy is this: Even a puppy isn't stupid enough to poop where he sleeps.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

The media, commercials especially, has for a long time been conditioning kids by misrepresenting a normal hierarchical family structure, the kids always being the smart ones and the parents always being the blithering idiots.

Funny, this topic came up yesterday here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also used the adjective blithering, but I was describing that window licker Al Gore.

Edit to touch on the subject some...

GW is a complete sham, and the scientists that I know all agree that warming and cooling is cyclical, in roughly 110,000 year cycles. I also agree that pollution is dangerous to the fragile ecosystems such as those that reside in our oceans.

Telling children not to listen to their parents in such an influential stage of their young lives is beyond despicable, and only goes to show what lengths people like Al Gore will go to in order to shove their ideologies on others in order to promote their agendas.

Peace

[edit on 6-2-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Let me say that NO, there is no problem with becoming more Earth friendly, the problem is that, besides the technology that can advance us to that level being kept mostly under wraps (yes, ON PURPOSE), the 'green/global warming' movement has misrepresented the facts and has outright lied.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

And so it is. Please redirect to the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

top topics

join