It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honeybees, HIV, and You.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Totally true. Even healthy bees have been tested and shown to have tons of viruses and fungi and all sorts of nasty stuff, but usually it doesn't bother them.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Haha, thanks. Yeah that's probably what I would do if I were a bee. But some honeybees live lives of luxury. They get shipped around, don't need to fly to relocate thousands of miles, and gorge themselves on delicious pollen from all sorts of crops. When there isn't a ton of pollen left, they get shipped elsewhere to eat more!

It must be exhausting. The honeybees clearly don't get the credit that they deserve for helping humans grow the crops that we eat.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

From your source, www.mindfully.org...

"This is a way to vaccinate children who simply won't be vaccinated otherwise," Dr. Crampton says. A partnership called Insecta Ltd. is raising money for his work, and the European Union has granted him a patent on his idea.

They're trying, but the technology hasn't been developed yet. If it had already happened, clearly humans would be exhibiting symptoms. The article you present talks about the idea of putting antibiotics in honeybees, not viruses.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I actually had posted your own firsthand experience which you shared on ATS in 2007. Clearly I have done my research and if you read and understood my OP I am suggesting that bees are undergoing a number of stresses which weaken their immune systems, which allow viruses to flourish. You are saying the same thing, that stresses like GM crops and pesticides are contributing to the immune stress of bees. They have not been proven to cause CCD but it would make it easier for it to spread.

I am denying ignorance. You seem to have misunderstood/misinterpreted my OP.
I would also appreciate it if you did not accuse me of "twisting my words" when I conducted hours of research, and you provided some evidence yourself in previous posts to support my points.

I don't really understand what your problem is with my research, as I did originally include the links to pesticides and GM crops and if you can find me a source that says 100% by the EPA or another official source that pesticides are the CAUSE of CCD along with GM crops, then I applaud you. Otherwise, as I have said numerous times, there is a correlation but not a causation.

I worked really hard on my research for this thread. I would appreciate if you didn't come in here and bash it. If you don't agree with what I am saying for whatever reason, then please post sources and research of your own, rather than word of mouth and criticizing me. Or if you really dislike this thread, rather than bashing my research, you don't have to come here. I included information and links to information about pesticides and GM modification originally. I don't know what else you want. But it's not okay to come into a thread with a significant amount of research, ignore points made in the OP, and criticize the poster of "buying into rubbish" (which I clearly didn't, because I looked at abstracts of studies and official reports, not MSM news).

"Get you facts straight and your level of understanding up to par before you post misconstrued facts and twisted quotes, which I do not appreciate at all."

Then go check every single source I posted and tell me why it isn't accurate information, or do your own research on such an in depth level rather than just saying things.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I included that in my OP, too. HIV is very very similar to SIV, and FIV is in the same category of virus because it weakens the immune system of cats. If there is a virus causing CCD it would probably be classified into the same group.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Actually just the other day I heard that they were still spending money on honeybee research. CCD has gotten better in the past year, but it's still around. UV radiation could be another possible stress, but it just seems so strange that it would happen so suddenly.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

They're trying to protect the bees, I guess. There are very few natural honeybee colonies, one of the links in my OP talked about that. So I guess if the commercial colonies do end up disappearing because of CCD, they would want those bees?

The fact that they didn't think they could get to them and want to just leave them is really weird. You could probably do it yourself if you really wanted to, but they do help pollenate your flowers ^_^

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I'm glad you watched the video!

I also think that is a really important factor. It clearly has something to do with the stresses that we put on bees. Maybe it just became too much. The commercial industry messes with the internal clocks with honeybees, in my opinion. But then again, the natural bee populations have severely diminished in the past few years. Maybe the commercial industry is keeping them around?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thanks, Elf!
I thought about adding my research to an older thread, but they were mostly dead and I did about 5 hours of research, so I figured why not.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

Wow, now there is an excellent contribution to this thread. When the first post regarding vibration frequency was posted on this thread, I said that I initially ignored it. I was talking to my boyfriend, who was watching the thread with me, and I seriously said "I don't have any idea what he is talking about." My boyfriend replied, "Vibration theory."

I'm glad he understands it, because it's way beyond me. I'm into zoology and evolution. Things like farming, are really not my strong point. Anything to do with physics and vibration theory is way above my head. =(

BUT. I do know about the dance. It is a "mystery" as to why the bees do it, and seem to memorize the dance. The PBS video shows it. Essentially the dance is a fast reenactment of how to get to the food source. I don't know about the frequencies that it produces, I had never heard of that before. But, when my boyfriend gets home from work, I will ask him to help explain it to me.

Wait, if we can't see them, can they still interact with this ... vibration level?

I think in terms of dimensions and I know about vibrations because of my meditation and experience with astral projection and chakras and all that...

I feel like even if they are in a different level than we are, we would still have a problem with the pollination of our crops. So it would be awesome for the bees, but really annoying for farmers.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I think that UV radiation is totally a stress factor. I don't think that is the cause because CCD occurred so suddenly. But I know that UV is one of the possible explanations for whale beachings. (I'm better with vertebrates than invertebrates.)

Bees and other animals, like mantis shrimp, see colors differently than we do. Mantis shrimp are a good example because they see light way beyond the spectrum that we do. I hate to bring up global warming because half of ATS doesn't believe in it, but if the atmosphere is suffering because of that, it could account for different levels of UV light, which may not affect us, but it would affect the bees.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I apologize your research is fine and well thought out, but the problems are that nothing is conclusive, be it viruses, pesticides, EMF's, etc....

No one actually can quantify it for sure, it's all theories for now.

At Michigan State University they are baffled as well, and they are an government funded agriculture school, top in the nation.

European honey bees seem to be a target of whatever, I won't discount a virus but that visible facts remain the bees are just disappearing without a trace.

That is no virus, when you have a virus be it HIV, etc you will find sick bees, dead bees in and around the hives.

Not much adds up because you have a thriving hive one day and the next the bees are gone, honey intact which is not right and no dead bees.

It's not just the bees I am seeing other anomalies that do not make any logical sense.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

Nicely done, and I'll need time to continue reading through it.

While you're at it, have you heard about White Nose Syndrome?

Mystery Disease Killing Bats: Could Force Extinction

I've believed for awhile now that CCD and WNS are somehow related.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I blame the new pesticide. I have seen 2 insane honeybees this year. I have never seen an insane before.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It is really weird and disturbing. The reason that I think it still may be a virus is because scientists can only identify viruses in specimens if they know what RNA to look for from the virus. It seems like bees get viruses all the time, so maybe it's hard to distinguish virus from the other organisms inside bees.

I was just looking on the PBS site to find where in the video I had heard that, and I found this:

Luckily this past September, there was a big break in the case. A team of scientists led by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Pennsylvania State University, The Pennsylvanis State Department of Agriculture and Columbia University linked CCD with a virus imported from Australia, IAPV or Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus. Over the past three years, genetic tests on bees collected from stricken colonies around the U.S. found the virus in 96 percent of bees from hives affected by Colony Collapse Disorder.

www.pbs.org...

That's really weird. Maybe the virus causes it, or maybe it is becoming more common because of the weakened immune systems. It's hard to say. There is no answer right now.

www.pbs.org...
Part 3 talks about the virus research and the amount of diseases found in bees.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I had heard about that. So horrible. I think that there might be something in the caves that is making the bats sick and causing the fungus to flourish. Maybe the fungus has mutated? I really don't know. I will look into this more.

It seems like the basic formula is stress (from GM, pesticides, UV rays, drought, tem changes, other viruses, etc) + virus? + mutation because of flourishing viruses in stressed animal = something contagious that weakens the immune system. That's kind of what I alluded to in my OP in regards to HIV, FIV, SIV, but I just don't know.

Or, for those who don't think that there is a virus, the formula would be about the same. Stresses + animal = weakened immune system.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

As i'm not fully, or even halfway, attuned to 4th density, i cannot tell you exactly what they're doing over there. They could have simply got over there, realized they were the first, couldn't figure out what to do, and then just died.

i'd prefer to think that the Earth is almost done with shifting into the fourth and might be beginning its 5th d phase. in that case, most non animal life, ie plants and trees, microbes and bacteria ( not sure about the last two) should already have a presence.

i think that next up its the animals turns to go, starting with things which have a highly social, group type behavior. Such would be Elephants, Lions, Wolves, Ants, etc., just to name a few. These animals have a deeper awareness of the group, and know their place within the group, without losing individuality might i add. Something Humans could learn from.

i think bees went first because there is one mind, yet enough sharers of that mind, and the ability to attune to the Earths vibrations much easier than most. Ants are hive minded, but tere are studies to suggest Ants are aware of their individuality.

i'd even go as far as saying, that bees are completely service to others, but thats a whole other subject.

Dolphins and Whales will probably be the first mammalian species to ascend, followed by Elephants and Wolves, then Lions and Apes.

As for us, meh. i cannot attempt to say whether we'll do it in mass or whether we do it individually. i hope for the better, but prepare for the worst.

Theoreticaly, bees could come down to 3rd density, but i don't see them having the consciousness too, or the urge even.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

I really appreciate your input ^_^.
I don't really, uh, get into all of that stuff. I was posting scientifically, I had never considered a situation like that. I understand that "evidence" would be kind of hard to come by. But, your contribution is greatly appreciated, and I'm glad that you could add to the list of possible causes of CCD.

And this would be another opportunity to confess my undying love for whales. IMO, they are way better than us and should ascend first. (I think that's how it works? No idea.)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

i bet they honey isn't getting consumed by natural enemies of bees, ie wax moth, etc. i was told by the keeper down the street that the wax moths are around, but they haven't gone after the undefended honey.

This leads me to believe that the bees are still there, possibly even defending the honey. But at the least, even if not defending the honey, the wax moths, and other insects which eat the honey, sense and perceive the presence of the bees.

they are still vibrating, still functioning around where the queen has remained. in fact, maybe life is going on as normal, and they are still producing honey of a higher vibration/density.

The possibilities are intriguing. If studied from a metaphysical POV, many inferences can be made.

There may still be a form of physical in the 4th, which we cannot see, but they may see us. Or maybe 4th density we still have to eat.

As for if its a disease, then we'd better get to fixing it quick. No matter if its disease or bee ascension, it still means less food for us atm. Maybe we can write a program, and have it control multitudes of those chipped insects (they have these) to pollinate?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I saw a show a few months ago, of I course I can't remember what it was called but it said the dangers of using insects is you can't control the exposure the patient gets. One person could get stung multiple times and get too much. It's something like a pandora's box. If they can't guarantee exposure then it's too dangerous. Unless they put a phermone(probably spelled wrong) with the vaccine that once injected was released into the air to ward off other insects.

Of course this is a conspiracy website is it not? It could also be used by the more sinister to release a bio-weapon. It doesn't need to be lethal, a strong flu virus released over a population would cripple it. Very contagious, long symptons period, etc, etc. Malaria? Then it's invasion time.

Somethings are best left untouched, I want someone in a white coat sticking me with a needle for my vaccines. Maybe a Robot(as long as it was gentle)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join