It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Inflation Could Hit 200%: Dr. Doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

US Inflation Could Hit 200%: Dr. Doom

www.cnbc.com

The US risks being hit by Zimbabwe-style hyperinflation and there are signs that the world's biggest economy risks turning into a banana republic.

"In the US, we have a totally new school, and it’s called the Zimbabwe school," Faber said. "And it’s founded by one of the great leaders of this world, Mr Robert Mugabe, that has managed to totally impoverish his own country. And that is the monetary policy the US is pursuing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

"Yeh, I think GE should be a junk bond. But I also think the US government should be junk," Faber said, adding: "I don’t pay much attention to rating agencies. The rating agencies have totally failed over the last 3-4 years to identify sick companies."

Very true, and honest article from the msm.

MSM actually spoke, or quoted, about the FED.
WOW to say the least.

The Good Dr. Paul has been calling this printing money out of thin air legalized counterfeiting for quite some time now.

I'm not anti-Govt, but I am anti-Mob, and the current govt. is a mob, so today everyone needs to be anti-govt without being philosophically anti-govt., which puts everyone in an interesting situation to say the least.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It could just be me...

But you might want to study up on the 'cause' of inflation...

It is attributed to TOO MANY dollars chasing TOO FEW goods and services.

(If you actually go out and look, you will see we are currently in a process of deflation...

Lead by the housing sector
)

That simply isn't the case.

The mad hatters at the oil companies might have pretty much suffocated the golden goose by charging over $5 a gallon for gas for just a little too long...

Read: They pretty much sucked up a huge portion of the floating cash...

And now with every chicken little screaming about the sky falling...

Folks have gone into cash hording mode... (as happens in 'downturns'
)

So explain to me how the 'inflation' thing is supposed to happen?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The US "risks???" Heh. Call it the US has been set up for hyperinflation!

There are billions if not trillions of dollars sitting in financial institutions poised to flood the economy. Yes, most of the "bailout" money has not entered the economy...yet.

But it has purposefully been pumped into place where the floodgates can be opened, destroying our economy and ushering in the Amero.

When will they decide it is time? That I am unsure about. But I cannot think it will be after the end of 2009.

The end of 2009 is when the Codex Alimentarius is supposed to be uniformly accepted worldwide, as well as other stated goals of the PTB, so I figure it is likely that we will see the flood by summer to have the NAU set up by the end of the year.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

You described Demand pull inflation. Printing off tons of new money will water down the value of our currency and will cause inflation. Its actually very basic. The OP gets a star from me

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

If it were to happen it would happen like this. Countries and other entities who have bought US debt in the past stop buying US debt. It doesn't even have to be by choice and likely won't be, the entire world economy is hurting and there could be a point where no one can afford to buy US debt even if they wanted to.

The USD will stay strong and probably increase in value until it's announced that they can't find anyone to invest in US debt and they will have to print trillions of dollars to keep the government running. When people hear this they will rush for the door and dump huge amounts of cash into the market as they buy everything from gold to other currencies. Now you have a situation where the dollar is devalued and it's no longer profitable for other countries to export goods into America. In the past this may not have been a problem but not as many goods are made in America these days and in this senario you could end up with a situation where too many dollars were chasing too few goods.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
On February 13th, next Friday, the Bank of England starts to purchase corporate paper and bonds (correct me if the technical terms are not correct) to free up credit. In plain English, the Bank of England will expand its balance sheet via printing paper. The Federal Reserve is not.

The Federal Reserve, on the other hand, is printing endless amount of paper and place it into the market. China is purchasing Gold, not US Treasury bonds, and a rapid raise of inflation is likely in America.

Shall we book our tickets for Weimar now?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
It could just be me...

But you might want to study up on the 'cause' of inflation...

It is attributed to TOO MANY dollars chasing TOO FEW goods and services.

Put more simply

Same amount of goods and services

Much more dollars chasing them

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree completely. A "mob" is the best discription for our current government. The government is no longer a governing body of elected officials, it is more a mass of criminals and "banksters" who are doing whatever their pockets tell them to with complete disregard for the educated publics view. Star from me.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Nah... You guys are missing some important data...

The unemployment level is sure a lot higher that 7.5%.

The thing to understand the way the 'unemployment rate' is computed.

If your unemployment benefits expire, you cease to be counted. You are dropped from the ranks of the employed/unemployed and moved directly to the 'unemployable'. Kind of nice and tidy.

Bottom line the REAL unemployment rate is far in excess of 25%.

Remember MOST of the manufacturing jobs... they be gone.

Remember a huge chunk of the TECH jobs were sent to India. (That is why Vista sucks so bad. Indians, brilliant people, idiotic coders
).

etc. etc. etc.

There is NO MONEY ON THE STREET.

So it doesn't matter what the shakers and movers are doing.

The 'trickle down' effect is basically short-circuited.

It is harder and harder to use Republican type financing (cutting taxes), cuz there isn't much of a middle class left to prime the engines and getting money circulating...

So the situation is a lot like around the 1900 - 1910s...

The money is ALL at the top. The people are all at the bottom (if you make less than 50 grand, you ARE the working poor)...

The ONLY thing supporting this grand delusion... Is something like over 60% of the folks work for the government in some form or another.

People are completely in hunker down, money hoarding mode...

Just worried about and totally focused on VERY NARROW PERSPECTIVES...

This thing with the RUNAWAY inflation is mostly just your wishful thinking.

You dig...

Or do I need to get the crayons out?

[edit on 7-2-2009 by golemina]

top topics

join