It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Trillion dollar bailout - Understanding What a TRILLION Actually Means

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Twelve zeros before the decimal point is a much higher figure than most average people can even truly comprehend, yet we hear these tossed about by the media and spoken so often by money starved politicians who throw these numbers about arbitrarily as though they are no big deal.

To put this into focus...we have already given away one stimulus package that had a final price tag of over 1 Trillion dollars.....we are now being asked for a second extortion payment which falls just short of 1 Trillion MORE dollars (could be even more when finalized)....some experts are predicting that it will take over 9 Trillion dollars to repair our crumbling economy by the time we are finished, and as a result our national debt will soon be elevated to what many estimate will be double digit Trillions of dollars.

This article will help shine some light on the subject and help to truthfully lay out just how gargantuan a number like 1 Trillion actually is in real world terms.

Truly unbelievable.

What can be done with a trillion dollars?

I'm not going to list all the wonderful and beneficial things that we all know a trillion dollars could be well spent on. The list would fill more pages than I could write, and I believe we all know those things already, anyway!

Suffice it to say that a trillion dollars could educate, feed, heal, house, and otherwise care for much of the world for quite some time. A trillion dollars could pay for three or four Katrina style disasters; heaven forbid, ever again.

What are other examples of a trillion?

Thinking about something other than dollars for a moment; to get a feel for just how big a trillion really is; here are some "Trivialities of a Trillion":

You could circle the globe forty million times to reach a trillion miles.

You could travel to the sun and back over five thousand times to reach a trillion miles.

You could travel round trip from New York to Los Angeles over 160 million times to reach a trillion miles.

We could travel to the moon and back over two million times to reach a trillion miles.

We could populate (to today's Earth population) more than 160 Earth-sized planets with a trillion people.

We could populate more than 3000 United States countries with a trillion people.

Get it yet?

Now, the trillion dollars; if only for the trivia in it:

We could purchase over three million 2009 Rolls Royce Phantoms or Bentley Azures or Maybachs with a trillion dollars.

We could purchase over 20 million 2009 Chevy Corvettes with a trillion dollars.

We could wrap the earth about 4700 times with a trillion one-dollar bills laid end to end around the globe.

We could stack a trillion dollars worth of pennies to reach over half-way to the sun.

Get it now?

The point?

A trillion dollars represents just a few hundred billion more than what has been given, proposed, or otherwise earmarked for Wall Street and other failed "economic pillars" through the bailouts of 2008 thru (who knows?), by the United States Government.

A trillion dollars is just shy of double that which has been spent on the Wars we're engaged in.

Between the Bailouts and the Wars, America is somewhere around $1.3 Trillion dollars out of synch (at the time of this writing); a fact that promises to become the next several generations' dark clouds of perpetual and burdensome taxation and control.

A trillion dollars could have been used for real emergencies like world hunger and world peace, instead of throwing life-preservers to those entities and industries who have somehow mismanaged, mishandled, misaligned, miscalculated, mis-taken, or miscreantly squandered away the future of the American people.

Is this more doom and gloom?

Doom and gloom are the bywords of those who feed us the sad stories about the global economic woes and worries. I do not believe for one moment that nobody saw any of our current situation coming. I am not sure why something was not done before things got to where they are; that will likely remain a mystery.

Somehow, somewhere, someone, numerous "someones"(?) have been "sleeping at the wheels of our economic welfare". It is unimaginable how a presumably strong and thriving economy can suddenly dig itself into a crater trillions of dollars deep!

It is even more unconscionable to see how some of the bailout funds are being spent by these same parties; who hold the reins to the Economic Machines driving our very existence and well-being.

There is little doubt in my mind that a much more sinister set of facts, figures, failures, faults, fears, forces and fantasies are hard at work behind the scenes of public scrutiny; in ways the public has only begun to understand.

continues

Full Article Link

[edit on 2/6/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In my book, I suggest how we might use "bailout dollars" to bail us out of the need for money to begin with. We could use those dollars to create machines to do everything no one really WANTS to do (casting off slavery to machines).

We could farm the planet's fields organically with machines, creating abundance for every one of the 6.5+ billion of us.

We could get rid of the root of all evil: the love of money.

[previously adjudicated actions removed]

[edit on 6-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Screw bailing them out and let the giants fall.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The American people are being saddled with the bill here.....enough stolen money to warp around the entire planet Earth 4700!!!!! times.

And that is just from the new stimulus/slavery bill alone

Doesnt this make anyone else out there angry?

These politicians are literally pissing away all of our futures....more like all of our childrens futures and grand childrens and in reality great grand childrens futures.

They are robbing the treasury right in front of our noses!!

Where did the FIRST stolen Trillion go? What was it used for? Nobody seems to know.

Maybe they are printing and stealing our nation into the ground because they know that one way or the other we are never going to pay it back anyway? Perhaps because they know we will soon go to a world currency...perhaps because they know we wont be alive long enough to worry about it.

In any case this is very disturbing what is being done. They are stealing tax dollars and giving them away to their corporate friends and they arent even pretending to hide it anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
The American people are being saddled with the bill here.....enough stolen money to warp around the entire planet Earth 4700!!!!! times.

And that is just from the new stimulus/slavery bill alone

Doesnt this make anyone else out there angry?

Angry enough to write a book and promote it!

Yes, it enfuriates me. Especially because I see so clearly what COULD be, and how we could get rid of money altogether in glorious abundance - rather than set ourselves up for economic collapse via hyperinflation.

new topics

top topics

join