It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellogg drops Phelps; AP admits Phelps didn't admit smoking pot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Kellogg drops Phelps; AP admits Phelps didn't admit smoking pot

rawstory.com

Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps never admitted smoking marijuana, but that hasn't stopped the media from reporting he did almost twenty-four seven for the last week.

After the notorious photo of the world-famous Phelps smoking a bong rocketed across the media and internet, he posted the following statement on his Facebook site: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old, and despite the successes I have had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner that people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public - it will not happen again."

Although it would perhaps be far-fetched to believe that there was nothing but tobacco in the bong, nowhere in the statement did Phelps expressly confess to smoking marijuana. In fact, he didn't even mention the bong at all, just that he "engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment."

But papers like The New York Post plastered that he did cop to toking on their front pages.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Again, the media lied to us.

The media made it out to seem like Michael Phelps was a horrible person and he did all these things and that he admitted to it.

He has engaged in irresponsible behavior yes this does not exclude him from that. However when you think about it the media lied plain and simple. They made it seem like he admitted to it and they seemed intent on ruining his reputation.

I think that it's shameful that the media tells lies. I would like to see more honest journalism. I guess that died quite some time ago.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
no mr phelps did not act irresponsibly

the MEDIA is acting irresponsibly by using CHARACTER ASSASSINATION for no other reason than to stir up controversy

seriously #%()& the Media! (a billion times)

[edit on 6-2-2009 by muzzleflash]

new topics

join