It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN halts aid to Gaza, cites Hamas disruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

UN halts aid to Gaza, cites Hamas disruption

news.yahoo.com

The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees said Friday it has halted all aid shipments into the Gaza Strip due to interference by the ruling Hamas militant group.

The U.N. Relief and Works agency said it made the decision after Hamas personnel intercepted an aid shipment for the second time this week.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Could it be that Hamas is a corrupt organization?

Could it be that Hamas doesn't have the best interests of the Gaza people in it's interests?

Could it be that without a scapegoat that the citizens of Gaza would see Hamas as just another corrupt ruling organization?

Could it be that the Gaza residents would be better off if they had representation that was less interested in Jihad and more interested in taking care of its citizens?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is the implication that Hamas loyalists are receiving preferential treatment i.e food aid etc.?
I thought that the U.N would be liaising with the Hamas-run Ministry of Social Affairs to distribute the aid .

If the food aid is being sold on the black market , well that would be abhorant, with 80% of Gazans relent on it.

Need more info .....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
no, hamas wouldnt do that. they are just a bunch of stand up guys trying to protect their families from the evil jews. this sounds like an israeli false flag op.

(note sarcasm, its hard to display tone through text)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wonder what the Hammas apologists will say to this!

"They aren't the Jews, at least they're using it to help themselves. Not for some zionist thing".

It baffles me to how some Palestinian apologists will go so far as to support Hammas, a terrorist regime, just because they're not Israel.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Hamas government's social affairs minister, Ahmed al Kurd, ordered "the aid to be returned to the agency if it turns out it is indeed its property", Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhum said, according to AFP news agency.

He said no Hamas or Unrwa representatives had been present at the crossing when drivers loaded up the aid supplies, and the drivers had assumed they belonged to the Hamas government.

here you go a reason given from Hamas
love these words as much as i love using Israeli appoligist

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
so let me get this right. the hammas government "accidentaly" takes aid one time and the U.N, a supporter of gaza because of isreals "war crimes" and the U.N stops sending aid....for one little mistake by the hammas government. please

pull your head out and quit reading riddiculous hammas propaganda. you are the posterchild for a blind apologist that eats up what ever the anti-israeli media tells them to

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Hamas police in Gaza broke into a warehouse full of United Nations humanitarian supplies and seized thousands of blankets and food packages, a United Nations spokesman said Wednesday,
"Hamas policemen stormed into an aid warehouse in Gaza City Tuesday evening and confiscated 3,500 blankets and over 400 food parcels ready for distribution to 500 families," said United Nations Relief and Works Agency spokesman Christopher Gunness.
They were armed, they seized this, they took it by force," Gunness said, terming the incident absolutely unacceptable

www.haaretz.com...

Trucks? Someone else is an apologist. This is not the first time by the way. Hamas uses it to give the aid to people itself - and so to keep them loyal.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Like i stated in a post earlier, if this Aid is finding its way to anyone bar those that need it most .. it is utterly abhorant and should be condemned as such.

But it doesn`t undo the heinous actions of the Israeli military in Gaza , all it shows is that the suffering of the citizens of Gaza are compounded.

new topics

top topics

join