It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very noticible increase in police presence (Seattle)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know there are are few other members in Seattle, so maybe one of them can either confirm my observations or negate them. Since late last week, I've been noticing more and more police in the downtown district, specifically from Westlake down to Sodo. Prior to last week I'd maybe see one or two cops a day on my commute and during the day, now I'm seeing well over a dozen every day, sometimes in groups of anywhere from 3 to 6. Bicycle cops, patrol car cops, segway cops, foot cops, and even horseback cops. I haven't seen them actually writing many tickets or busting anyone, but I have noticed that they frequently stop and "visit" with pretty much anyone who isn't clearly going somewhere and dressed for business. (in other words, they seem to be keeping close tabs on the bums, vagrants, youths, and anyone percieved to be loitering). They also aren't all clearly cops, many of them are just wearing puffy black jackets with a very small yellow "SPD" above a small shield on the upper sleeve of the jacket. These jackets are long enough to effectively conceal their weapon & gear belt as well.

Has anybody else observed this change, or was I just being unobservant before last week?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter is in town next week. Maybe that's it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
N/M - failed to read the entire post.

[edit on 2/6/09 by surfinguru]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I went to pikes market a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing, i didn't notice this as unusual since i live in kitsap so i wouldn't really know about the police force in seattle. Keep on eye out on what they're doing, see if they're organizing in tactical ways, maybe they could be gearing up for something..
Back when i lived in jersey before 9/11 my mom got a call from my dad in the navy telling us to stay inside that week ( i didn't find this out until after the towers were hit, she thought he was crazy.) That's mostly why i believe it was an inside job, and that's why you should pay close attention to the seattle cops. That goes for the people in new orleans as well; with that other post on troops in black helicopters training for bomb runs. It feels like something going to happen but we don't know were or when.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

i have definitely noticed an increase in police in and around seattle (i drive to snohomish county regularly). what is going on here?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

That's very interesting to me. Pikes usually doesn't have more than a handfull of cops around it. I believe they have their own security teams employed by the market itself, so it would be unusual for the SPD to have any increased presence there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe there's a fugitive on the loose, and they've got a good tip about downtown...I haven't been down in a few weeks, but I HAVE noticed that the Ferndale Police Department seems to have grown substantially recently, AND purchased a whole new fleet of SUV's, which seems strange to me, given the economic hard times.

new topics

top topics

join