It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival in the city, or survival in the wild?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't think you will survive either way if # is gonna hit the fan. You may not die, but you wont survive.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Network. Whether you're in the city, suburbs, or countryside. Start getting out and get to know others in your area, find those with skills and abilities and start learning them from them. You would be surprised at how much you already know and take for granted, that someone else may not know. Get with your local nurseries, and find out what veggies and fruits grow best in your area. The owners are usually full of great ideas and can point you in the right direction to learn more in that area. Take all the CPR, and other classes you can from local hospitals, gov't, etc. I know in my area, they offer a Civilian Emergency Response Training (CERT) class for $25. It's a weekend long, and trains you in all facets of disaster and terrorist response, to include emergency first aid, etc. Start going to your local library and read up on survival skills, and crop growing, and everything else you can. Hit up local auctions, you can find good, cheap priced items to help your survival at them. I have found canning supplies, dehydrators and all kinds of stuff at my local auctions. And get a good map of your area. Start marking areas for evacuation, where to loot resources, and other supplies, just in case.
I hope these ideas will help.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join