It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 9, 2009, Obama Speeks Primetime, Treasury Dept Unvails Bail Out Plan, What if Reinhardt Is Right

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So.. if this announcement was made.. yesterday .. the markets would have reacted the same, meaning a 5+% drop would have occurred.. making "R's" prediction technically right?

Hmm..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MsBehavin1

Well, wise investors know that never invest more than you can afford to lose. There's still money to be made in the stock markets. Especially when war drums get louder. As reinhardt would say, invest in these:

Not these!

These

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If this happened yesterday, and the market is down -400 (which it looks like it may) Forum members would speak out about 'R' as a god today

But he missed by one day........

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Actually he didnt. His day countdowns were always to Tuesday. He just said the checks clear on the 9th.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if someone already clarified this but I see a lot of people talking about having another 500 point drop.
At our current level having a 500 point drop would be the equivalent of a 1000 point drop when the Dow was 13k. We still do have wild swings, if you measure it in %'s instead of points.

The Return rate for 13000.0 -> 12500.0 is: -3.85%
The Return rate for 8000.0 -> 7500.0 is: -6.25%

Right now we are down 363.12 (4.39%)
Which is well above 3.85% from past 500 point swings.

If you count from dow 10k then its
The Return rate for 10000.0 -> 9500.0 is: -5.00%

So we're getting there, but 5% is huge to me for one day.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Any thoughts or speculations of what will happen tomorrow??

If the news of the bailout plan, talk by Obama, talk by the treasury dept did not bring stability to the market, what will?

We know that this bailout (if it works) will take a year or more before we see real results per Obama......

We know any news we get tomorrow will be negative, more layoffs, more states collapseing and more bad news from abroad.........

So who wants to speculate??

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Market will go black.

This is not a racist comment...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think the market gain back all its losses of today by friday and plus a couple hundred points. When this bailout passes the DOW will take off like a rocket.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Oak

Now you are one to have faith.......

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The market should be back up tomorrow, too many people in the market are skeptical about the new plans announced today.

Why does everyone hope for bad?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
dow -400

"ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

"he was right"

everyone has their "o" face on now eh?dow -400

it is sort of orgasmic.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by perficio7]

[edit on 10-2-2009 by perficio7]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I still dont think "R" is right, like everyone said it's a long week

I still think today is more of a panic selling session like before. I'm not sure if the market will completley recovers but I dont see a huge 1000+ loss for the entire week, I'm still sticking to my claims of about a -300 total for the week.

Panic selling today followed by a slow easy gain perhaps lasting the rest of the week. that is of course the enitre markets are going to blow up in everyone face, in which case no matter anyone says here it wont make a lick of difference. I just dont see that happening any time soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The middle class is being destroyed. Purchasing power is low. This is why market goes down. Now market needs to restructure and find new buyers.

New goods for new buyers (weapons?).

Retooling, outsourcing... Last month, for the first time, more cars were bought in China than in the USA (does this tell something?).

As USA market restructures, the rest of the world follows the old way (for a while, to fulfill the Dream).

But, what will USA be like without consumerism?

With so many jobs lost, how can market go up? Market is now purging itself of those which cannot survive in depression. Which ARE the depression.

And really, outsourcing is a joke. Those American firms which outsource, forget about America(ns).

I think Dow will go below 6000 very quickly, by April.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Oak
I think the market gain back all its losses of today by friday and plus a couple hundred points. When this bailout passes the DOW will take off like a rocket.

The bailout passed earlier today & DOW has been tanking.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.

Author: Benjamin Franklin

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Oak

Err.... no it wont. Do you not realize what they are doing? pouring petrol on the fire aint gona put it out.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Banks are going down today. The very ones that are supposed to be rescued.
Does anyone see the logic in this? Judging by the result, what is the intention?
Is the money being outsourced? And where?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Maybe some of the large share holders are selling off while they can or know something we don't

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well lets look at this a bit further...going with the title of this thread "What if Reinhardt is right"

While I don't believe he is a psychic, he does have his head around the pulse of the market,

So if that's the case...the market will only continue to tank...

I believe he said something about Friday, the 13th.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And can anyone speculate on how Legatus would be connected to this? After all, Reinhardt insisted that the news will come after Legatus meeting.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join