It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 9, 2009, Obama Speeks Primetime, Treasury Dept Unvails Bail Out Plan, What if Reinhardt Is Right

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
DJIA down over 200 now...289 @ 11:38

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Treasury Dept ..............that was a bunch of crap

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
dow down 300! i'm starting to think the market is about to crash.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Looks like R may have been right after all. Dow down 300 as i type, lets see how this finishes the day. After the bank plan was announced the market started to tank. Remember this was supposed to be announced yesterday, but they delayed till today. Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
OH BOY HERE WE GO...CNBC is yelling at the top of their Lungs LoL...it's the end of the World!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Your about to find out the definition of a “meaningful user”?

www.bloomberg.com...

Wow....that came out of nowhere. Health Care reforms potentially screwing up the bailout (bail in?) bill. I think I'll be picking my jaw off the floor sometime in the next few minutes.

I should be sleeping right now but I'm too busy hitting refresh on Google Finance. Ugh.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
theres a few threads here on ATS where people are bashing reinhardt about being wrong because there wasnt a crash yesterday, i keep trying to explain to them that he didnt predict a crash on feb 9th, he said there would be a huge economic downturn which BEGINS on feb 9th. The dow is nose diving at the mo so looks like he is right.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jeff.behnke

Things seem to be happening very quickly today

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Somehow I get the feeling that today is going to be a very interesting day. I have been wondering just how long investors would be willing to believe the lies the government has been dishing. It seems that at least some of them are beginning to get a clue. Of course we'll see other idiots rush in and think the stocks are now a "bargain" and buy them up, only to have it drop even further. The best thing that could happen today is the complete and utter collapse. Get it the hell over with. That way we can start tomorrow by picking up what's left and begin the recovery process. It's sad that they are trying to drag this thing out as much as possible, making the pain last a lot longer.

Hopefully today is the day. Then we can work on fixing this disaster.

You all may also be interested in this interesting little tidbit I read on Bloomberg. The part about the new health care program spending more than all of the military was of particular interest. Just imagine that deficit growing at that rate!

Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan

Have a great day all, and keep your favorite bottle close by.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeff.behnke

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Your about to find out the definition of a “meaningful user”?

www.bloomberg.com...

Wow....that came out of nowhere. Health Care reforms potentially screwing up the bailout (bail in?) bill. I think I'll be picking my jaw off the floor sometime in the next few minutes.

I should be sleeping right now but I'm too busy hitting refresh on Google Finance. Ugh.

WOW!! thanks for the link, reinhardt seems to have hit the nail on the head.....again.

link   
I was gonna go make a run on the bank and take my money out but then I remembered, I don't have any

This is going to be a very volatile day - I better lay off the coffee now.

link   

(!0 seconds sums up my comment)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wait, so health care is messing up the stimulus package? Was this R guy right?

I love how basically Thurs through Mon we had the market (and mostly banks) climbing higher and higher in anticipation of the bill.... now the package is out there and people are realizing that nobody can work magic??? amazing

These investors deserve to lose everything - the system is broken and the only way for prosperity is to rethink the entire economic system. But that's too hard to do, apparently.

Well, I am ready to watch the ride! I wonder if in hindsight we will see the beginning of a new low being pushed starting today? We seem to be testing the 7900 resistance barrier and I suspect it will -finally- break.

Oh, and I am with the ppl that stated earlier in this thread that 500pts is a "crash" in today's market, so I am not calling R "right" just yet, but he seems to be eerily accurate thusfar!

[edit on 10-2-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Interesting stuff on 'R's website now

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Reinhardt talks a lot about the cdo's. Any speculation who might be the final big 3 corps that will fall?

It seems he knows who 7 and 8 will be

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thank You Clouds, keep us posted on his website!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

INSTANT VIEW: "This program is biased to protecting the liability of U.S. banks. ... I don't think there is any intention from the U.S. government to protect the common stockholders." -- Keith Wirtz, Fifth Third Asset Management

www.reuters.com...

These are steps to Nationalism

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Reinhardtttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO what hes a day off in fact Im not even going to take profits Ima give him till the end of the day friday
Gotta give credit who cares if the guy is a day off. If he is right about the whole week I think he if for sure vendicted. Regardless what happens this week though he is right these markets are controlled by some people with power for sure...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

I agree with you..............I think we may see more movement downward between 2-4 today. We always get afternoon news and I don't think there is any good news out there......After knowing the plan.........she just can't take anymore bad news today.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Economic recovery plan. Last week ATS-ers were predicting that the rumor would be bought...the news sold. Watch the defense near DJIA 8000. If it fails...then the 7550 magnet comes into play. If that breaks, then it's crash mode. Still too early...the DJIA gave-up 225pts just over a week ago...then recovered.

Lets see what happens

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join