It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10000 council 'spying missions' last year in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The number of 'spying missions launched by councils last year, using anti-terror legislation

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

These include the surveillance of dog fouling and under-age smoking. I ask you. When people invoke Orwell, about Britain, they forget a dose of Monty Python. And this, again in today's Telegraph:

Every state secondary school should get its own PC to help improve behaviour and cut truancy, it was claimed.

Sir Alan Steer also said schools should be required to share the most unruly pupils – admitting one child for every one they exclude.

The plan forms part of new reforms forcing every school to join a so-called Behaviour Partnership.

Under the plan, a number of local schools work together to deal with indiscipline and improve attendance.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

For the benefit of users abroad, 'PC' means Police Constable. I've mixed feelings about this as I spent last year contracted to schools and the overarching memory I have was of just how feral kids have become. But I suppose it doesn't do to generalize. The significance of this is that a police presence shall become an intrinsic part of their socialization. Reminds of a post a couple of weeks ago with a link to an image of a child's toy in the form of an armed security check.

Again: Defacto Police-State?

[edit on 6/2/09 by Sonmi451 I meant this to follow my other thread. Neglected to post as reply. Sorry mods!]

[edit on 6/2/09 by Sonmi451]

[edit on 6/2/09 by Sonmi451]

new topics

join