It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Santa Clauses or How The Republican Party Has Conned America for Thirty Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Two Santa Clauses

I found this very interesting, especially considering the almost parallel resemblance to what is going on today with our economy. This is my first *New Post* so I hope I'm doing it right.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

An interesting find, 'Bot. I plan to send this around to several friends for their take and will certainly read more from this author.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hmm d'yu know all I got from that is that the Republicans were forced to abandon their policy ground in favour of the religious right and populism as a result of their libertarian policies being spat on by the American public after '64.

Any Republican "con" only had to be done because the American people didn't know what was good for them. Had the Republicans stuck to Goldwater's message, they would be a tiny, obscure party now. They embraced the "centre" (and all its problems) only to stay in power.

For that I can neither condone nor blame them.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I hear ya. They succeeded but with some detrimental consiquences. I'm curious, was the deficit public knowledge at this time or was it kept under wraps?

new topics

top topics

join