It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless Rate Soars to 7.6%; Worst in 34 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Actually that 7.5% claim is bogus. Our unemployment stats were changed in the 80's to reflect better upon the government. It no longer reflects those unemployed for over a year, who fall off the unemployment benefits records. Nor does it include the discouraged unemployed, or the under employed who only have part time minimum wage jobs. According to the pre 80's stats our unemployment is actually 14.5% which is MASSIVELY higher than the "official" unemployment rate. So dont feel bad canada, or spain, we're right there with you.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by salchanra

No, it's not odd. It is par for the course.

I hope the phones are jammed on Capital Hill. I hope that their e-mails are flooded. I hope their offices in their home states are flooded with calls and e-mails. I hope that they understand just how much the American people want this bill to fail.

Won't happen, but hey....a girl's gotta be able to dream.

Politics of fear alive and well. Good to see that isnt falling apart like the rest of the world.

Why does America keep electing these same people to office? No approval rating at all, talk of huge taxpayer wastes and the same people keep their jobs while the rest of us fight to keep ours?

Well in the end it may not be that bad, at least if I lose my job I wont have an income therefore wont have to pay for this disaster.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

Why does America keep electing these same people to office? No approval rating at all, talk of huge taxpayer wastes and the same people keep their jobs while the rest of us fight to keep ours?

Cheers!

My take on that question is that the majority of Americans get their "truths" from the mainstream media. If a talking head says it, they believe it. The majority of Americans are too lazy, to complacent, and too wrapped up in their lives to spend time actually focusing on the issues going on in their city, their State, their Country, and their Wold.

They take the word of CNN, MSNBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, and NBC. And, whoever those new desks seem to like.....well, then the lazy, complacent masses like, too.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join