It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Must GOO...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What the hell is the bible in the first place. who is the genius who thought of writing a book which has been re-written a hundred thousand times to contol weak willed HUMANS??

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
il give your your answer if you can answer me this

why do people smoke if they know it kills them?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gate13

Because they are so addicted that they would rather waste their life killing them selves instead of spending their life having more time to waste

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
you must gooo....... and make me a sandwich!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Look, it's Bible goo. That's probably what they use to keep the pages from falling out of the cover.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Captain Obvious]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelOfDeceit
What the hell is the bible in the first place. who is the genius who thought of writing a book which has been re-written a hundred thousand times to contol weak willed HUMANS??

Who the hell are you to tell people what they CAN and CAN NOT believe in?
People can believe in whatever the heck they want, and they don't need abuse or permission from you.
Think about democracy friend, every time you tell someone what to do, you lose a little small piece of it.
Everyone should be free, to do as they please.
Until they encroach upon someone else, like you just did.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

What the hell is the bible in the first place.

You can learn all about Hell in the Bible. Best place to start for that is John, then perhaps Revelation.

who is the genius who thought of writing a book which has been re-written a hundred thousand times to contol weak willed HUMANS??

God wrote a small portion, His appointees wrote the rest. It isn't one person but many people over thousands of years. Regarding the 're-write' you can still read the originals if you know Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew. The best translation I've found was the NIV version since the project involved over a hundred scholars from many denominations that took nearly 8 years. From those who have read the Greek, they say it's the closest.

The Bible is very liberating actually, from it I learned how to let go of things like fear, anger, confusion, and despair. I don't feel any shackling or binding.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is an easy answer.

You view the world.... and the Bible this way: If someone gives you a tub of steaming sheep dung you see the dung only, so you say "no thank-you"

Some of us notice that there are diamonds stuck within and we plug our noses but stick our hands in and start digging them out.

Some people are presented the tub of dung and are told it is a facial cream that will keep them from aging and attract virgins from miles around so they blindly start spreading it.

....That should answer your question completely.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For the original poster: Why should we start banning/burning books just because you or anyone else disagrees with them? Why do you feel the need to 'protect the eyes' of others from reading the Bible?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

Who the hell are you to tell people what they CAN and CAN NOT believe in?
People can believe in whatever the heck they want, and they don't need abuse or permission from you.
Think about democracy friend, every time you tell someone what to do, you lose a little small piece of it.
Everyone should be free, to do as they please.
Until they encroach upon someone else, like you just did.

Wish I could have given you 2 stars.

I wish I had the words to adequately describe how wrong this AngelofDeceit (wow that's someone I'd really like to get to know/NOT) is about why we believe the bible. It has nothing to do with a weak will, I can tell him that. In fact I would say my will is probably stronger than his; it's strong enough for me to be willing to yield it to God The Creator. It's strong enough for me to put aside my temporal desires for a life more rewarding and fulfilling --- things look very different when you know your eternal life has been bought and paid for, and it's stong enough to meld my heart to one I have not seen, but know beyond a doubt He exists and He counts me as one of His Faithful. When you know that in your heart and someone questions your will, all you can think is will/schmill.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Captain Obvious

Well you show your deluded immaturity right there.
I was planning on having a discussion with you.
Obviously that's not what you wanted.
So lets do everything, you wanna do.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
For the original poster: Why should we start banning/burning books just because you or anyone else disagrees with them? Why do you feel the need to 'protect the eyes' of others from reading the Bible?

Very good point-and I'm not such a fan of organized Western religions myself. The Bible, even if you don't believe, is such an important historical document-we would never want to hide that information from any eyes. If you seen certain "problems" in certain religions, such as I do, know that they do not stem directly from their texts, but their interpretations.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

snip....weak willed HUMANS??

Blanket insult noted.

Weak willed?

You think it's easy to:

1) Have faith?

2) Love your enemy?

3) Deny many worldly "pleasures"?

4) Get dressed up and go to church every Sunday?

5) Pray constantly?

6) Accept ridicule at times?

7) Love your neighbor as yourself?

8) Forgive everyone that has ever wronged you?

9) Give of yourself and money to those less fortunate?

10) Recognize our own failures and ask for forgiveness?

I mean I could stretch this list out 100 fold if pressed but I have made my point already. You show me a man, woman or child that does the above and you have found a very STRONG WILLED, loving, thinking, intelligent and understanding person. Diligent purposefulness, determination, self-control and self-discipline is the very meaning of strong willed. A Christian takes on far more than you may have assumed.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I agree with Captain Obvious.

Discussions about binding agents for religious tomes have no place in a conspiracy forum.

Eric

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelOfDeceit

The bible is a compilation of many books, the word bible itself means 'many books' or 'library of books', it was written by inspired men of God, mostly prophets, then after Jesus' apostles died it was out of the hands of inspired men of God and fell into the hands of the catholic church, (in my opinion by 50 AD or so the christian church Jesus built up was no longer strong and was taken over by the man made catholic church, some of which were good christians but the leaders were not true apostles of Christ and had their own agenda) One of those agendas was in 325 AD "The Creed of Nicaea as approved by the Nicene 'Catholic' Council", what this council did was vote, pick and choose according to a vote of uninspired men, maybe some were inspired but the corruption had already been long going at this point and they chose to remove what they deemed 'uninspired' and they chose to keep what they voted to be 'inspired', one example I can say is, 'Song of Solomon' was probably a poem, but I seriously doubt it was inspired by God, and I seriously doubt it was a poem truley commissioned by King Solomon, it's just one of those books that the Nicene Council thought was inspired, the Song of Solomon poem is very well written, it would be considered literature, and I've read famous poets who have stolen from it, but that doesn't mean it should've been canonized as holy scripture, when I think of the love of the Lord and the love I have for the Lord I don't think of a naked woman as the Song of Solomon suggests. So there has been a lot of corruption not to mention King James put his name over some original names because of his arrogance, things have been added but mostly taken out since 325 AD, yes it is corrupted, yes some of it may be uninspired but I do believe a good ammount of 'The King James Version' is inspired, and you have to read between the lines and take the symbolism and what literally you can from it, but to understand anything written by the spirit of prophecy you need to have the spirit of prophecy, which is why most people including myself cannot fully understand the book of Revelation or Ezekiel & Isaiah, but if you have the Holy Spirit with you, you can understand a great deal and make it part of your life, and if it works you will know it is good.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by gate13

Because they are so addicted that they would rather waste their life killing them selves instead of spending their life having more time to waste

what an easy answer.

why do people become addicted if they know what it does?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

The reason these people are so 'strong willed' is still for selfish purposes, they only do this to get their own ticket to get through the pearly gates.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm sure that if you ask the Christians here on ATS nicely, they will explain why they have kept their faith. Saying "Bible must go" is not a good way to endear yourself to the people who can answer your questions.

But really, the Christians here on ATS may be getting tired of answering the same question over and over again. If you use the handy dandy search feature, not only will you find your 'answers', but you will also find many of the exact same thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have found the Bible to be a source of strength to me. As for "weak willed", I would say it takes enormous will to not pay people back for what they do to you. All I can say is that when I follow what Jesus taught me through the Bible I am happy, confident, and at peace with myself. What I think the Bible teaches us most is that life is all about choices with each taking us down a new road. The decisions we make decide our future. So the Bible is also a guide, a compass, and flashlight in the dark world of endless decisions. I would suggest that the OP read it if he or she hasn't done so yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join