It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Here At ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey guys so I was browsing the forums and I saw one of my friends made a thread about a conspiracy here at ATS. When I read the thread I felt rather stressed. Not from my friends post but from the "Super Admin" Why would he/she close this thread RIGHT away.... This bothered my mind a bit... we can talk about conspiracies about 911 or Area 51... etc but we cant talk about a conspiracy here at ATS? This makes me think..... maybe there is a conspiracy here.... Do I want to stay on this site? How do I know I won't be kidnapped for my thoughts of beliefs...

Heres the link come look for yourself and discuss!!!!!!
Conspiracy Thread

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Storm in a teacup methinks.

Blaa!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
yea I like how the mod typed it out like a FED would "Nothing to see here, move along..thread closed" haha.
oh boy

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Dude, the Super Admin 'elevatedone' replied with this:

Nope.

It was moved so that staff could review.

No Conspircay and not breaking news.

Thread Closed.

That's pretty self explanatory really. The Admins have a private thread where they move stuff like that so they can talk about it and review it.

Nothing to see here folks.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think the consipiracy here is that we can openly discuss conspiracy theories, while we give governments and organisations the perfect platform to come in and stir up and manipulate theories, create alternative theories and actually help them take our attention away from the reality of the conspiracies we are trying to resolve.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
you know, I have thought about that many many times, But I have never been able to word it right on here. I think you are onto something Shirlock.
Its ok, the Govt already knows who I am already personally, and I know them. Im not worried, but maybe some of you should (evil laugh).

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There has been many talks on the ATS conspiracy.
Do a search and have a look.
Most questions about this are answered fairly.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intriguedUK

Mate that's covered in The ATS Issues Thread about a billion times already.

Might want to give it a read.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Every thread I've made about ATS not having a wikipedia article has had no posts at all. If that isn't a conspiracy I don't know what is.

But while I'm here,
WHY doesn't ATS have a Wikipedia article? It's one of THE LARGEST forums on the internet and yet it does not have an article.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Nor does GLP....or AMKON or probably many others... Not sure man?
They all are on the about us pages...so weird?

www.aboutus.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well ATS itself is mentioned quite an amount of times thruout Wikipedia as is revealed by a search for Above Top Secret on the Wikipedia search function, and I believe several years ago it did indeed have an article.

But no more.

I asked once and the mod said something and then no one else replied.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The chances this post will be seen are slim,but there is a conspiracy going on at ATS,and it involves the owners,who are not the owners.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah, well.... there's a conspiracy everywhere you go.

Why not ATS as well? A coalescence of conspiracy theorists are themselves involved in a conspiracy within a conspiracy world..... appropriate, is it not?

Money, combined with pride, combined with people "denying ignorance" all crowding under one roof.... who knows?

It pains me to see that the admin care whether we talk about that or not. Most people here rip that allegation to threads anyway, so why is it so important to defend one's honor when it is a minuscule amount of people that hate you or are suspicious of you?

Thread closed? Jesus....we're adults here. I handle criticism every day of my life. I'm sure a neo nazi bible thumper would call me an abomination of god because I've got a problem with my jaw, but they are free to think and speak.

Simple as that.... either be able to take criticism, or get out of the controversy mixing pot! Just leave it alone, admin! Even if you are all corrupt criminals, I couldn't care less. I get entertainment from coming here, so I'm obviously still a patron and a supporter of your services.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindPowerMike
How do I know I won't be kidnapped for my thoughts of beliefs...

Kidnapping just really isn't their forte. Although I do remember that time Super Moderator Mirthful Me tracked me down, performed the Masonic signal of dinner-time, then shot me at point blank range in the chin with a gas pistol before running away laughing, crazily.

Funny times.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MindPowerMike

I knew this would be bought up again. I was freaked out when I saw the post and tried to start a thread about it. It was closed post haste. I thought long and hard about it. About pushing the issue I mean. Then I figured that it really isn't worth it. Maybe the individual had some other problems and had to be dealt with privately. I was given a u2u message that my question was answered and not to start another thread on the topic. All this screams conspiracy but I really don't think so. I mean if this guy was worried about his security in the first place why would he come to a public forum? It was probably nothing and more of an annoyance to the staff and people who have to deal with this sort of issue. I figured they are busy enough and didn't want to deal with another "Conspiracy on ATS" thing. There are alot of them too. This ordeal led me to look into it and there are plenty of threads where people accuse ATS of being a conspiracy. So I dropped it and hopefully I can be more creative when I do decide to start a new thread on a topic.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
When I wake up this thread will be gone.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, one thing is for sure, Mods enjoy power. This is true of any Mod (I used to be one on SOHH.COM), it get's addictive and it's fun.

Maybe too fun.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Kinda makes you think about what you say on ATS then uh.... I may hold my tounge from now on on what I say... I dont wana be abducted...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
yawn...because we have a thread like this every week.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
yawn...because we have a thread like this every week.

Exactly my point. Which is why I dropped it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join