It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli spokeswoman says we control stupid Americans HOAX confirmation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Note: I'm posting this one with Springers approval since the original topic was rather heated and this should help resolve the situation.

With regards to this one: [HOAX]Israeli spokeswoman says we control stupid Americans[HOAX].

As most of you are aware this thread was locked following a moderator discussion based upon the reliability of the original article source The Pakistan Daily and the fact that the members involved could not verify either the reliability or the source of the original, or locate records indicating the existence of the characters involved. "Tzipora Menache" and "Nachman Abramovic".

As we are all aware some people may have found the reasons given to be unacceptable or at least unbelievable given the lack of verifiable proof, since after all lack of evidence is not always evidence of fraud and ATS isn't in the business of operating on rumor alone for serious issues.

So...

To settle nerves, satisfy all those involved and wrap this one up for good... Here is the proof you've been waiting for.

The original document was written in Jan 2008 by Khalid Amayreh and was published on the Tlaxcala (translators network site) on 11th Jan 09 after a few modifications by the author.

The article in question can be seen here:
Pictures of some of Hamas’ most wanted terrorists.

The original word document uploaded to that site is here, with the extended file information confirming the author and even indicating that it was his 4th revision.

The article referenced by the Pakistani Daily is more or less a creative use of the original in a glorious display of rampant plagiarism with regards to the suspicious interviews and simply leaves out the last line... "Now, after this imaginary but very realistic introduction, we shall view the pictures of these “evil terrorists.”"

For your perusal...

The Internet media sensation:

The Pakistan Daily The Israeli spokesman, Nachman Abramovic demonized Palestinian children stating "They may look young to you, but these people are terrorists at heart. Don’t look at their deceptively innocent faces, try to think of the demons inside each of them … I am absolutely certain these people would grow to be evil terrorists if we allowed them to grow

And the original:

by Khalid Amayreh “They may look young to you and me. But these people are terrorists at heart. Don’t look at their deceptively innocent faces, try to think of the demons inside each of them.”
The spokesman, Nachman Abramovic, said he was “absolutely certain” that these people would grow to be “evil terrorists if we allowed them to grow.”

and again with imaginary spokesperson Tzipora Menache..

The Pakistan Daily "Another Israeli spokeswoman, Tzipora Menache, stated that she was not worried about negative ramifications the Israeli onslaught on Gaza might have on the way the Obama administration would view Israel. She said 'You know very well, and the stupid Americans know equally well, that we control their government, irrespective of who sits in the White House. You see, I know it and you know it that no American president can be in a position to challenge us even if we do the unthinkable. What can they (Americans) do to us? We control congress, we control the media, we control show biz, and we control everything in America. In America you can criticize God, but you can't criticize Israel."

And the original:

by Khalid Amayreh Another Israeli spokesman, Tzipora Menache, said she was not immensely worried about negative ramifications that Operation Cast Lead might have on the way the Obama administration would view Israel.“You know very well, and the stupid Americans know equally well, that we control their government, irrespective of who sits in the White House.”“You see, I know it and you know it that no American president can be in a position to challenge us even if we do the unthinkable.”Asked if he was not worried that her remarks would cause a public relations disaster, Menache said “what can they do to us. We control congress, we control the media, we control show biz, we control everything in America. “In America you can criticize G-d, but you can’t criticize Israel.”
Now, after this imaginary but very realistic introduction, we shall view the pictures of these “evil terrorists.”

So there you have it... Hoax confirmed.

Stay safe folks.

Cheers.
Absence.

p.s. sourcing this wasn't actually that difficult and was more a methodological thing than anything else but it does raise interesting secondary questions on source reliability and what appears to be a growing case of Internet plagiarism and lack of credibility for a lot of Internet based publications both in terms of research capability and even base honesty, after all, If we can find the source why couldn't everyone else?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
And the propeganda games continue...until next time...stay tuned!

Israel does no wrong, never lies, never hides anything...just like the US government does no wrong or never lies or covers up anything.

I wonder how many revisions press releases by the white house goes through before being posted.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A great many if they were attempting to transliterate Bush I would imagine..

However in this case it didn't work.

We got it when a great many failed to do so and our original poster Dragonseeker has been exonerated of any malicious intent.

Unfortunately I suspect that we will continue to see an increasing number of cases like this as the internet gains popularity and base facts become more and more entwined with secondary reporting or anonymous relaying.

A depressing consequence of which is the resultant unintentional spread of malicious propaganda when the topic in question proves to be either politically or emotionally charged and people too involved in a situation (or not paranoid enough) lose their natural suspicion of reportage.

Fortunately ATS is inhabited by a good proportion of the better side of the internet and this type of material is inevitably caught.

Given the situation involved with this case I would be surprised that readers even realised that the Pakistan daily is not in fact a real newspaper. It's a 'user submitted' driven news site and in effect a glorified blog.

Anyone could have posted the original and indeed in a twisted kind of way they choose a good target with Pakistan being the devoutly Muslim country that it is (Largely Sunni, the same as Hamas).

Once translated into Urdu or Punjabi this article would no doubt prove to be very difficult for the average Pakistani internet user to discover it was in fact a bare faced lie.

If anything this case simply reinforces the need for the first rule of journalism... verify your sources.

Regards.

Absence.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the confirmation but it really wasn't necessary.
That dubious story reeked of propaganda from the start.

Even if some Israeli officials felt that way, and I don't doubt that some may, I seriously doubt you'd get it so clear on the record and in such a harsh manner.

Bogus, dude.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The issue really isn't whether Israel does wrong or lies, the issue is did this alleged Israeli spokeswoman, Tzipora Menache, make this particular statement.

Did she?
Who is she, again?
Does she even exist?

I personally searched (be warned if you do...some links to this name are alleged to contain a virus) and can't come up with any legit sources for this claim other than websites simply reusing the article.

I can't even find this Israeli spokeswoman.

Where's the beef?

p.s. I am ill today so forgive this second lame 80's reference from me.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
so what.. even if even it is a hoax?? If America is allowed to manipulate media and make the people believe whatever they wat to, then what is this hoax compared to that??

Or... maybe the story behind this is true, but they just made a false up story with an imaginary women, just to get people's attention. Maybe they get just sick about whats going on in the world and they finally try to do something about it?

What i think the biggest hoax is now, is NOT the legible news from CNN or NYT or whatever big media company, but all the news America is NOT producing/showing to you.....

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi All, Reignite I disagree with your premise...I have no doubt that Israeli officials think things similar to these quotes and may even say similar things when there are no reporters around. But, as soon as I saw the quote- I knew it was fake and did the research to find the source, which I found very easily. Unfortunately, this is now posted all over the internet on websites, blogs, internet newspapers like it is "gospel truth". This is very dangerous, not because it hurts or implicates Israel, but because it makes the reality of Palestine and what Palestinians are experiencing questionable now. People will just say, "oh that is not true, it is more propaganda. We know how they lie." they already say that. It hurts the very legitimate Palestinian cause. It makes me start to question everything I read and see now. Which is a real shame. Where is the integrity? With legit newspapers you have an editorial process...but unfortunately most, if not all, mainstream news sources are not willing to report much about the Palestinian plight, which is a shame. So therefore, people resort to other online news. Thanks! PS-I am only posting anonymously so I dont have to register- I am [email protected] if anyone has any comments to me. I am a real person, my name is Dana- I am not Palestinian or Jewish, I am an American who has been to Israel and the West Bank twice and was there during the "war" that started Dec 27, 2008. I support the Palestinian cause for a state and peace for all.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For further reading.

Senator Fullbright, Chair of Senate Foreign Relations Committee: 10/07/1973 on CBS' "Face the Nation".

"I am aware how almost impossible it is in this country to carry out a foreign policy [in the Middle East] not approved by the Jews..... terrific control the Jews have over the news media and the barrage the Jews have built up on congressmen .... I am very much concerned over the fact that the Jewish influence here is completely dominating the scene and making it almost impossible to get congress to do anything they don't approve of. The Israeli embassy is practically dictating to the congress through influential Jewish people in the country"

www.mediamonitors.net...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
More info, Just providing a level playing field to the question of who control America. I do belive there are a number of people some of them wealthy European Families. The ones that opened up the US in the first place.

" I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood"

www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Thank you for exposing this hoax. I welcome more people like you who can look past personal bias to find the truth no matter what it tells.

Also, I find it funny that most of the replies on this thread are like, "Well this was fake but look at this other bad stuff Israel is doing." I guess the truth comes out one step at a time but ignorance is just an ocean.

Thank you again. Starred and Flagged.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Or it could be your just following your programming could it not. One must examine all the info not just the bits one likes or fits with ones views.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
More misinformation...

These are not the days to be blind and stupid.

Hardline Muslims and hardline Christians are two sides of the same coin. They both are vomiting this misinformation at the moment.

Lets just hope Hitler number 2 doesn't take advantage of this absolute ignorance and we see the world plunged into absolute evil once again.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I don't see where the hoax is. In his article, "Pictures of some of Hamas’ most wanted terrorists" (january 11), Khaled Amayreh quotes the words of the so-called Israeli spokesman Tzipora Menache and ends this sort of introduction of his article by :

"Now, after this imaginarybut very realistic introduction, we shall view the pictures of these “evil terrorists.”

Everything is clear, no ?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it." - Ariel Sharon

-------------

Say what you want by the fact that the US has done nothing when Israel grabbed more illegal land last week on the West Bank and during the 2-3 weeks of the ethnic cleansing in Gaza.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by verbal_assassin]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal_assassin

I just want to point out your agenda. You make a thread about people taking the quote from President of Iran out of context, then you come here and post quotes from the Israeli side and all of them are out of context or lies. So where do you stand, with the truth or with ignorance and stupidity?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Rearrange "ISRAEL" and you get LIARS!
ISRAEL = LIARS - missing "e"
ISRAEL = LIES - missing "r,a"
Put "E,R,A" together. You get ERA.
ERA of LIES from ISRAEL.

Rearrange Verbal Assassin and you get LIARS
VERBAL ASSASSIN = LIARS - missing vebasassn
Makes up abases = Large scale military advance
VERBAL ASSASSIN = LIARS + LARGE SCALE MILITARY ADVANCE
Part of the New World Order? Hitler was the only other New World Leader ever in the history of man and he attacked Jews.
Coincidence or just clever use of words?

only you know.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by verbal_assassin

Say what you want by the fact that the US has done nothing when Israel grabbed more illegal land last week on the West Bank and during the 2-3 weeks of the ethnic cleansing in Gaza.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by verbal_assassin]

You need a lot of oil in your country before your country is of concern by the US.
see burma and some african states of examples ( and historically serbia croatia in the past) of other countries that do genocide that the US is not concerned about. Yes we dont see those stories in the media do we? The plot thickens... Why they even supported genocide in chile in the sixties against the communist elected government. Or the mass genocide of men woman and children in the cities of hiroshima and nagasaki in Japan by being the only country in the world to bomb civilians in nuclear warfare.

The plot thickens

[edit on 18-2-2009 by spacial]

new topics

top topics

join