It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I have seen traumatized people. I was in Iraq in 2003 and in Afghanistan in 2005-2006. I have seen what traumatized people look like. Traumatized Iraqis, Traumatized Afghanis, Traumatized American soldiers.

I have also had the opportunity to work for the VA. I have seen PTSD.

What I saw working with 3000 hurricane evacuees was different than PTSD.

I want to make very clear I do not mean the whole city or even a majority. I have family there. When I say significant I mean thousands of people. The evacuees I am referring to could not drive themselves, they were unemployed, literal crates worth of guns and knives were pulled off of them before being bussed out of New Orleans. Even when they got to Shreveport more guns and knives were found. Many of them had drugs on them and made efforts here to get more drugs from local gangs.

What I saw I had never seen before not among desperate and traumatized Iraqis or Afghanis. I mentioned the detainees to make a point. The point being it was easier to care for them and the detainees still had some sense of self.

We had mothers who could care less about their children, sick children who would vomit on themselves and cry. The mothers would look at them and roll back over on their cots. There was almost no supervision over these children. Thankfully we had people from social services there to help with the children. We had people who would defecate in the floor in front of thousands of people. We had over fourty port o john toilets outside. They were cleaned twice a day, but people would relieve themselves all over the inside of them. People would relieve themselves on the grass. Even after we had around 100 port o johns it still happened.

FEMA screwed up and didn't get showers in three days. We had a sporting goods store right across the street. One guy, just one guy took the iniative and bought a camp shower. The people were not broke. They recieved welfare and food stamps. They would buy 40 ounce bottles of malt liquor and walk over a mile away to buy food from Popeyes but not across the street. Note we had free food from Piccadily Cafeteria. When the showers did finally get there not many people used them.

I had never seen anything so bizarre in my life. We had people arguing with themselves, cussing themselves out and throwing fits. Many of the people, especially nurses, who volunteered said after that they would never work another shelter again.

The absolute weirdest thing was the fact not many of them would sleep. For the most part they were far more active at night.

There were a few just caught at the wrong place at the wrong time. They were terrified by how the rest of the people acted. Some of these were tourists from Europe, which we had to remove for their own safety. About half of the people were felons and we caught around Seven sex offenders at the shelter.

I don't know what was wrong with many of these people. It wasn't PTSD. I'm fairly sure some of it was drugs and alcohol, but others I just don't know. Their behavior would fit that of a violently mental ill person.

Again I want to clarify these were people who could not drive themselves and did not represent the majority of the city. They were unemployed and completely dependent on support from the state.

We had multiple shelters in Shreveport. Two were ran by the National Guard working with the State Police and SPD. These two were the ones where these people were taken. We would not take people who drove themselves, they had to go to a different shelter like the ones at the Red Cross shelters.

These two shelters were designated to hold them, which tells me that people high up know about these thousands of people and specifically had them brought to a facility where they could be monitored by a large number of law enforcement and national guard.

If there is any outrage it should be at the people up high who don't help these people, who let them live like animals in New Orleans and then move them around like animals. They knew they were like this, they set up our facilities specifically for them. These people need real help, not us with our assault rifles watching over them like dangerous animals.

link   
What is the big deal???

First and foremost, Mayor Whizbang Nagin will do anything for a dollar. He is the one allowing this joint training exercise between the police and special operations. I'm sure the city is being compensated for this and the city warned the residents in advance that this would be happening.

New Orleans is full of empty commercial buildings and abandoned houses. This is the perfect urban warfare training environment. I want our troops to be well trained in this type of environment. This is the environment that they have been faced with in Iraq.

Send a letter to Nagin or better yet if you live in NO don't bother voting for him again.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by jibeho]

link   
or in your backyard. people try to deny scary stuff like this until it happens to them.

link   
reply to post by Zepherian

You have got to be kidding me....

It's called a training exercise. That's this thing the military does where they go out in the field and train for different scenarios so that they know what to do if they are ever put in a certain situation for real. That is what the military does. That is what every military since the beginning of time has done. They train.

It's not this big conspiracy that some of you in this thread would like to believe it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

NO LIVE AMMO USED???
YOU
ARE
WRONG!!!
"The training will include “low visibility movement, military operations in urban terrain, manual and low weight explosive breaching, fast-rope insertion, live fire” and other exercises according to a memo from Portland Mayor Tom Potter to the Navy’s Special Warfare Development Group."
www.kgw.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
NO LIVE AMMO USED???
YOU
ARE
WRONG!!!
"The training will include “low visibility movement, military operations in urban terrain, manual and low weight explosive breaching, fast-rope insertion, live fire” and other exercises according to a memo from Portland Mayor Tom Potter to the Navy’s Special Warfare Development Group."

Sorry, Gus. When they do use live ammo, it's on a range, not just spraying rounds in the city streets.

People on this thread need to get a freakin' grip. The military needs to train for fighting everywhere, and the best place to train for fighting in a city is a city (duh!). Does the military have places to do this? Sure, but it's still not the same. They use the ranges for when they want to do live fire exercises.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This was not a surprise it was announced prior and was actually a police training exorcise. It is quite common for guard units to conduct exorcises in cities and towns. The National guard reports directly to the governor of a state and its job is to protect the people of that state As well as coordinate during disasters to provide needed services it is quite common.

Residents on notice of overhead police training

Associated Press Reporting
The New Orleans Police Department is warning residents not to panic if they see helicopters flying around the city after dark.

The department will be hosting military training in and around the city between Jan. 27 and Feb. 8.

The training includes the use of military helicopters flying after dark throughout the city.

Police say they want residents of New Orleans and outlying areas to know it's a training event. The activities, authorities say, have been carefully planned and are safe.

heres a link police notice

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I can sort of understand this to. Americans are loosing their jobs by the thousands every day.

If you dont have money or a job. Your life style change,and so dose your whew on things. If you have mortgage that has to be treated every month and you cant pay. You will feel the pressure sooner or later.

When they come to take your belongings, your whew will change again. Remember laws and money dont have feelings. But you do.
You will probably start to think that the government cares more about the money then they care about you. That is hove things work in our world.

This might be a preparation for things to come. Just in case you change your whew on things because you feel mistreated and have lost everything. Who knows!!

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Does anybody ever recall hearing about these military training exercises taking place in American cities prior to 9/11? Wasn't urban warfare training the reason they built a couple of mock up towns in the middle of nowhere on White Sands military base in New Mexico? Wasn't this also the reason they bought Phelps Dodge's little town down by Antelope Wells when PD closed shop in Southern NM?

On a side note, if this does turn out to be something more nefarious and results in something major happening in New Orleans, do you suppose Kanye West will go on TV and say "Barack Obama hates black people," or was that little nuggest of racism on his part reserved only for government mishandling of events under George Bush?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
or in your backyard. people try to deny scary stuff like this until it happens to them.

It is called conditioning. Once you get used to seeing troops patrolling your streets it will soon seem natural and odd if they are no longer present.

I wonder if it will just as easy to get used to three meals of bread and water.

They are not training to fight terrorist on our streets. They are training to fight us and we are footing the bill.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I love how all the naysayers completely avoid the fact that this was happening AT 10PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next it will be ok if they do it at 3AM! How about the people's right to sleep???

And agreed they have no business doing this over a populated area, when usually they have mock towns built up for training like this, where they do not disturb citizens.

This is total BS and you naysayers know it. Stop trying to validate it with reasons like "oh we need the money"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone even added me as a foe over this! ROFL. But that person interestingly has not commented on this thread. I checked. Comment or I will expose you!

Duh I cannot fire the congress.
But that's how I feel right now whether you like it or not. The sentiment was symbolic. And I'll bet I am not the only one who feels that way, either. And oh, I forgot to mention that Ron Paul is not included.
And probably a few more. Why don't we ask Ron Paul if he approves of this. Anyone want to take bets on what he will say?

[edit on Fri Feb 6th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I love how all the naysayers completely avoid the fact that this was happening AT 10PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, last time I checked, NVGs don't work too well in the daytime, Gus.

Next it will ok if they do it at 3AM! How about the people's right to sleep???

It's not like they are doing it every night for months on end.

And agreed they have no business doing this over a populated area, when usually they have mock towns built up for training like this, where they do not disturb citizens.

Sorry that the citizens are getting their beauty sleep disturbed. As I said, it's not an every night event. And yes, the military does have ranges for this, but it's not the same as flying over a populated city at night. Give it a try sometime. I have.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Are you lieing

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is crazy, Are these real bombs?

Star and Flag for OP

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

Short answer, no.

Long answer, there are multiple links in these last few pages to news articles about this happening frequently and no one is getting a bomb dropped on their head.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Sorry that the citizens are getting their beauty sleep disturbed.

You ever had the law called on you for making excessive noise beyond 10pm? Well I have, and anybody else in a band probably has too. So it's ok for you to come bust me for that, but it's just FINE WHEN YOU DO IT!!!!!

Ahh, ok, I see how this works now. You know exactly where you can put that post, pal.
Yeah, right there. Hint: The sun don't shine there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Zepherian

You have got to be kidding me....

It's called a training exercise. That's this thing the military does where they go out in the field and train for different scenarios so that they know what to do if they are ever put in a certain situation for real. That is what the military does. That is what every military since the beginning of time has done. They train.

It's not this big conspiracy that some of you in this thread would like to believe it is.

ATS server ate the long reply I had written, so here's the short condensed version, born out of my lack of patience to repeat myself:

I assure you I kid you not. The military are serfs, even if they do not realise it. National politics are infiltrated with elitist oligarchical interests. These people are motivated by hubris and selfish greed as well as an uncontrolable powerlust. They will and have take over entire nations political processes and attempt the genocide of entire peoples. There is NO country on this planet they do not wish to infiltrate, control, depopulate.

This is the NWO conspiracy scenario, and anyone who reads up on it realises it is an accurate description of the covert mechanics of power and of the social strata of money issueing classes that form the capstone of the pyramid.

You can either educate yourself or believe the corporate media which these elites control, the choice is yours.

My take on this is thus: any country that embraces militarism, and the US most definately does, will, sooner or later, pay for it in tyranny. This is a historical trend.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Dark Jester

Short answer, no.

Long answer, there are multiple links in these last few pages to news articles about this happening frequently and no one is getting a bomb dropped on their head.

Bombs will only be dropped on heads if the elitist powerstructure succeeds in sturring up enough social termoil to trick the parts envolved, ie civilians and soldiers, into thinking they have to fight each other. You see, both sides are victims here.

Hopefully this will not happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Next it will be ok if they do it at 3AM! How about the people's right to sleep???

This is total BS and you naysayers know it. Stop trying to validate it with reasons like "oh we need the money"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone even added me as a foe over this! ROFL. But that person interestingly has not commented on this thread. I checked. Comment or I will expose you!

Duh I cannot fire the congress.
But that's how I feel right now whether you like it or not. The sentiment was symbolic. And I'll bet I am not the only one who feels that way, either. And oh, I forgot to mention that Ron Paul is not included.
And probably a few more. Why don't we ask Ron Paul if he approves of this. Anyone want to take bets on what he will say?

[edit on Fri Feb 6th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

Are you actually threatening a member because they added you to their foe list? Come on and get a grip. Perhaps this member has read most of your past posts and didn't like what they saw. No worries. I have never had contact with anyone that has added me to their foe list. They must not like my opinions. Oh well, I don't post my opinions to please the masses. I am still going to come the playground everyday.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by BorgHoffen

I think you might be mistaken about the "bombs"

It’s a shame you find *bombs* of any kind - ANY KIND - a laughing matter.
The laughing face you posted beside your berating the OP for the *type* of bomb dropped is really an indication of what’s going on out there in America.

Who cares! It’s only a Stun Grenade! Standard Issue! Big Deal!

Well ya know what buddy - it is a BIG DEAL when the military is carrying out exercises with law enforcement in US cities where people live, where their children sleep at night!

“Mommy mommy I’m scared! The big black helicopter and the bombs!”
“It’s ok dear, it’s just the military, they wont hurt you honey, they’re here to help us, now go back to sleep”...

Go back to sleep!

That’s all America is doing is going back to sleep!!!

There is NO excuse for this kind of FILTH going on in USA!
Too bad too many people are like you that find it something to smirk over!

peace

THAT'S RIGHT! WORD!@ AMERICA HAS FALLEN FROM GRACE THERE IS NO OTHER DIRECTION BUT DOWN

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join