It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
I'm going to go with the logical explanation here.

New Orleans is still recovering from Katrina right? From what i've seen there are still buildings wrecked and wreckage lying around in some parts of the town, its getting back to normal but not quite and i'll go out on a limb and say that New Orleans is probably the closest thing you'll get in the US to a wartorn city in the Middle East.

Could it be that they simple are just conducting military training in a real life situation?

It's still madness that they're doing it in a big city but its more likely than not, this is the case.

It really is like a wartorn city. Parts are really bad off.

One other thing I should mention, the state is probably getting alot of money for this and right now we are hurting. With oil down, our budget has went in the proverbial toilet. We need money. We had to cancel our college grants due to funding issues. So thats another factor.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
Keep on rationalizing it. this is a violation of the posse comitatus act period.

In what way?

you dont need to do miltary exercises on an american city to prepare for invasion. but you would need to do it (in coordination with the police) to supress american people.

Urban warfare training has been going on in the U.S. since the 1700s. Why would you get rid of it now? Especially since the world is becoming increasingly urbanized. You need it because if any war breaks out anywhere there would surely be urbanized fighting.

As far as surpressing the population, enacting martial law, etc.
We've been through this 1000s of times....
Everytime people hear about any military training the fear mongers come out with this stuff. But it's been 200+ years....and we're still waiting....What's taking them so long? They have over 200 years of training
Surely "they" would have done it long ago before the population exploded to 300 million making it now impossible to enforce any martial law. And no one has EVER mentioned what the point of doing that would be.
Ok let's say they enact martial law. Then what?

It's all about money and power. And keeping money and power. They know supressing the population this size with this large of a land area would do absolutely nothing to gain them more money and power and in all likelyhood would have the complete opposite effect. They now increase becasue the population at least percieves that they are "free." Why in the world would you change that?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This is not at all unusual in Louisiana.

Lastly I want to mention this. A significant population of New Orleans is violently mentally ill. I don't know if its drugs or what, but I had an easier time working with Taliban detainees in Afghanistan than working with the evacuees from New Orleans.

Now, I want to say.... How dare you?

First I am "originally" from New Orleans, and when I lived there.....no....it was NOT normal for these events!! My father was a Colonel in the Air Force ............ never were there events of the National Guard like this.... only during Katrina.

Now, second..................... I REALLY TAKE OFFENSE................ at you saying a "significant population of New Orelans is "violently mentally ill" -
that is one of the most HORRENDOUS statements!! How DARE YOU.... say that about the people there?! They have been through what others can't even imagine in their ugliest nightmares!!! They ARE NOT mentally ill! They had been traumatized.... but NOT mentally ill!!

The next point............................ I too have worked with the people from New Orleans............. the day after the hurricane, doing a shelter for them in Mississppi..... and you try and say they were like 'detainees '?!

That is a repulsive statement! at the most BASIC LEVEL!!!!!!!

They were wonderful, they were trying to grasp in their minds, what exactly occured and where and what they were going to do in the future.

I had NO PROBLEMS... with ANY ONE from New Orleans...........during that immediate time after the hurricane!

Then I went back down during the 2005 holidays to New Orleans for 3 weeks............providing food for everyone there................
again.............I ONLY found people struggling - yet determined to build their city back and once again have a "normal" life.

To say I am OUTRAGED at what you have said about the people of New Orleans......... there are actually NO WORDS to express my deep rage at your words!!

What you have tried to do in your post............from my observation........... IS to try to "make it all ok, with the govt. doing what they are doing..........and if the govt. bombed them......then that is ok, too......as they are "none people" and insane anyway"!

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
WOW this is really F-ing crazy! Let me tell you guys about 2 months ago i had a Real Vivid dream that i was enjoying the nice summer weather with my family and nieces and nephews in front of my house. Then all the sudden in my dream i notice a black military helichopter flying around in our neighborhood area and it made a circle turn and headed about a half mile in front of our house and all the sudden we see it dropped a bomb and after it was dropped i rememebered seeing a bright flash of light and then i woke up.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Does that mean it will not happen?

No...

(But I still love your new avatar)

peace

It may happen, my point is, it hasn't happened in over 10 years yet you look at the earliest threads here at ats and apparently martial law and the NWO was imminent in 2002.

I mean how many years will it take till people get over it?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

" People get ready there is a train a coming. You don't need no ticket you just get on board."

We have to decide which train we are going to get on.

You bet that this is wrong. It is wrong and if we don't stop it while we can the train we ride will be chosen for us.

Our representatives do not represent us. They do not care about us. They have sold us out and it is time for them to come home.

Recall them all! You can do this. This is your legal non-violent recourse. These guys need a wake up call.

Bring them home.

Recall is a start to cleaning up our government and restoring our country.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
I'm going to go with the logical explanation here.

Unfortunately logic doesn't work on those who think the big bad military has nothing better to do than secretly plan to steal their children while throwing them in detainment camps and bombing US cities. It absolutely amazes me that there are so many people here who refuse to believe that anything could possibly be exactly as it is reported to be.

This thread reminds me of Chicken Little. "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

So where are all the news reports of entire city blocks being destroyed by all these "bombs". How about all the people running for their lives to get away from the area the bombs are being dropped? Oh that's right, none of that has happened because they aren't actually dropping bombs on New Orleans. How silly of me.

Seriously people, it's a training exercise. They do those all the time all over the country and they don't drop bombs on populated areas.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thank you for your input. If that is the way of life in that city, then I really don't care what they do with it.
If they try this crap anywhere else, it will be all hell to pay.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I for one am all for our military training for WHATEVER scenario they may encounter, urban warfare included. Just do your training at a MILITARY INSTALLATION, not over a populated city. I love how they said it is well planned and SAFE...HILARIOUS!!! How many times have you heard about a VERY BAD ACCIDENT concerning a "Training Exercise" with the military. This crap needs to be carried out over areas that are not populated. Anyone that is not in agreement with this really has lost their mind. I agree with those that say this is a CAREFULLY PLANNED EXERCISE AIMED AT DE-SENSITIZING CIVILIANS TO MILITARY PRESENCE!!!
Doesn't anyone remember this last year??? I am surprised no one mentioned it. I remember that the citizens of Portland DID NOT want this going on over their city, but got it anyway. Notice the use of "low-weight breaching explosives" which most people wouldn't even know what it means. This was a JOINT excersise with local law enforcement...RF BURNS...go back to sleep!
www.kgw.com...
They were here in SO CAL about 2-3 weeks ago. I saw "military copters" up and down the coast one night, then we had them circling around until 2-3 in the MORNING!!! Military copters in quotes because I don't know what these black copters are??? Thing is, we have so many law enforcement copters in the area most people wouldn't have noticed the difference. YOU CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE in helicopter types; I was stationed in Ft. Campbell and this was part of our training...helicopter recognition.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by odd1out]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of people here who think that this is common, not unusual...

I would like to see some evidence of this.
Please provide links to evidence where an American city has seen a night-time exercise involving troops being deployed by air into an urban areas, and then using explosives in any scenario.

I keep seeing people state that this isn't unusual, but I haven't found any evidence to show where this has happened before.

There are reports of previous exercises involving a drill of an outside attack on the U.S. but nothing on urban warfare.

Personally, I am not suggesting that this is the NWO BS. But what I am suggesting is that this is an exercise to prepare for civil unrest in urban areas by militia and anti-government groups.

We've been over this many times, civil unrest is likely, almost certain. Due to the economic collapse and what we imagine will happen, it is likely that this is what they are training for.
That is why I believe people should be taking this very seriously. If they are preparing for this in such an obvious way, how severe do they now expect any civil unrest to be?

Is it purely coincidence that this is happening now, after the recent report by a Military research department that civil unrest will be a major factor in national security?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I live near Middletown Ohio's Hook Field airport. This is a small town airport (less than sixty thousand residents) and three nights ago around 4 helicopters, the ones marines ride in in Call of Duty Modern Warfare with the two propellers, flew less than one hundred feet off the ground. When I looked up at the choppers I could clearly see a soldier on the side looking out the window with the emplaced Mark 19. Then yesterday two more helicopters flew over while I was on the phone with my mother. My mother and father (living just minutes from me) saw them too and video taped them as they flew over extremely low, at midday. I don't understand why they would need to be on the Mark 19 guns, I don't know much about those military helicopters (what I do know is sadly from a video game and the internet) but I just found it extremely unsettling.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Unfortunately, it seems the White House and administration felt the same way when Katrina hit, and they're possibly thinking the same way now.

It really is despicable, but some view others as lower than them, and more often than not, they came from wealthy families, went to wealthy schools and therefore gained wealthy positions in government.

Corruption, the "old boys club", call it what you will, it's dangerous.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I SINCERELY hope that folks on this board dont believe this mess!! Oh my God talk about sheep. Are you serious? Infowars???? PLEASE people dont belive this stuff!!! I live in NO right and there is nothing like this going on!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

As requested.

U.S. Army conducting training exercises in cities, towns
Complete 911 Timeline: Military Exercises up to 9/11
NORAD exercise had jet crashing into building
US Army Exercises for Taking Over US Cities - The title made me roll my eyes, but it's a list of reported training exercises with dates for most.
Army Training Spurs Conspiracy Fears
Mayor kicks Marines out of Toledo

So yes, it is fairly common and yes people freak out every time and think the end is coming.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
There seems to be a lot of people here who think that this is common, not unusual...

I would like to see some evidence of this.
Please provide links to evidence where an American city has seen a night-time exercise involving troops being deployed by air into an urban areas, and then using explosives in any scenario.

No live ammo or bombs are ever used in these types of trainings (including the one this thread is about)

As far as other cities...how far do you want to go back? Also a quick google search will show you some.
Just found
Richmond northrichmondnews.com... and Indianapolis (of which there were several of these types of threads on this site) in a matter of seconds.

I keep seeing people state that this isn't unusual, but I haven't found any evidence to show where this has happened before.

How about from the article itself. They last time this unit (not even mentioning any others) trained in New Orleans was in 2000. There could have very well been many times even before then.

There are reports of previous exercises involving a drill of an outside attack on the U.S. but nothing on urban warfare.

You're kidding right? I'm not trying to be funny or anything, I'm seriously asking...

In case you're not joking. I don't know what to say...
Do you honestly think that the U.S. military hasn't been training for urban warfare of any type since it's conception? Seeing as every war we've had since the founding of this country has had some type of urban warfare I don't see where you're getting that from or how that is even possible.

But what I am suggesting is that this is an exercise to prepare for civil unrest in urban areas by militia and anti-government groups.

Is this opinion or do you have a source?

We've been over this many times, civil unrest is likely, almost certain. Due to the economic collapse and what we imagine will happen, it is likely that this is what they are training for.
That is why I believe people should be taking this very seriously. If they are preparing for this in such an obvious way, how severe do they now expect any civil unrest to be?

Which brings up an excellent point.

If civil unrest does break out.....then what?
Apparently we should just let chaos reign.
Chaos reigns, civil war breaks out.
Civil war breaks out YOU (using "you" in the general sense, not talking to anyone right now) will have to fight.
In order to fight you'll have to *gasp* train.
You become and do the very thing you're complaining about

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

See my post above.
This happened last summer in Portland OR.

The Portland Nuke

If ever a military exercise was meant to cause unrest, it would be Noble Resolve, an August 20-24 command post exercise with its headquarters in Virginia, which entails a simulated nuclear strike on Portland. In recent weeks, military officials involved in Noble Resolve have promised answers -- then failed to deliver. Through Internet sources I have learned that various Oregon state agencies are involved in Noble Resolve through an outpost in the state capitol of Salem -- but national authorities refuse to disclose which particular agencies.

Oregon National Guard sources confirm that they will be taking part in Noble Resolve, but are sketchy on just what their role may be. One anonymous source speculated that they might be practicing for the imposition of martial law in Portland. Another source relates that a dozen F-16 fighter aircraft are currently positioned in Portland's PDX airport.

Noble Resolve has been the focus of my last four columns, and anyone wanting to know as much as is publicly available should begin with my last one, August 13, Staging the Portland Nuke (A Comedy of Terrors) www.thepriceofliberty.org... To the lower right of the column they'll find links to my previous three Noble Resolve pieces.

On August 16, I gave two radio updates on the pending nuke exercise. The first, a half-hour Portland interview with KBOO journalist, Theresa Mitchell, is available online as "Capt. May interview / Noble Resolve pt. 4: Death Map" www.kboo.fm... The other was a two-hour national interview with Scholars for 911 Truth founder Dr. Jim Fetzer, and is available through Genesis Communications Network (GCN).

As a result of all the attention brought to Noble Resolve by Oregonians, Portlanders, KBOO radio and Internet journalist, the hush-hush exercise will now take place with a high level of public scrutiny. That's a good thing, because the closer we come to Portland's nuclear exercise the more I am reminded of the near-miss nuke in Texas City, just south of Houston.

portland.indymedia.org...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by odd1out]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

As requested.

U.S. Army conducting training exercises in cities, towns
Complete 911 Timeline: Military Exercises up to 9/11
NORAD exercise had jet crashing into building
US Army Exercises for Taking Over US Cities - The title made me roll my eyes, but it's a list of reported training exercises with dates for most.
Army Training Spurs Conspiracy Fears
Mayor kicks Marines out of Toledo

So yes, it is fairly common and yes people freak out every time and think the end is coming.

It's called incrementalism. The elites are not stupid, they know people would freakout and destroy the military if they changed from a democracy to a tyranny in a short period of time, so instead they infiltrate the democratic processes and slowly erode the situation untill they have completely destroyed the free state. They've done it before and they will do it again, given half a chance, because control freaks never have enough control, as they want to control everything but their own hubris and greed.

Again, look at recorded history, extrapolate to these events and see what could be coming if popular thought is not aware of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
here we go folks one more nail in the coffin of america.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Theyll do it in NO because no one cares about the people there.

Wait till they start doing this in LA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join