It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok, so I haven't read all the posts in this topic yet, but I think we have to consider the possibility that this was a distraction from something else nearby. It is way to noticeable. That is typically not something the military would do. Is there any strange reports from anywhere nearby? I'd really be interested to know what they're distracting the citizens of N.O. from.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I recently encountered a trail of about 12-13 army trucks riding through my town on a smaller highway...very eerie...

martial law might not seem so "out there" afterall...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
While on the topic of Army helicopters over civilian areas, is that normal? My Vietnam-era veteran boyfriend said two choppers (which I heard as well) flew directly over my house carrying what he said looked like two Nike missiles! Right over my house in a rural residential area! This was about a month or so ago. I live near Ft. Huachuca in Arizona, and there is a TON of vacant, or at least mostly open, land around here, the desert, so why would they fly right over my little town and over a house?!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Of all the delusional bull# I have ever heard......

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is my second attempt at reply- if there's a double post, I'm sorry. I'm from NOLA but live in Texas. My daughter and grandkids are here for a visit but daughter confirms that MPs still patrol NOLA. She just called her sis-in-law who is a student at UNO and it was confirmed that there were many copters doing some sort of exercise. Bombs were not confirmed and in fact, the sis-in-law laughed at the idea.

Who knows what the real story is?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
They couldn't beat the Vietnamese, they couldn't beat the Iraqis, and they can't beat us. no matter how complicated a piece of equipment is, they all operate on simple principles therefore the playing field is actually level.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Very strange indeed, are there any other possibilities that this could not be a training exercise and something much more sinister?

Or is that being overly-paranoid?

I wish there was more footage/pictures to back this up. I don't really know about the military policies when it comes to training openly in a public area like this. Could it be some kind of wargames? No idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
the very same thing happened over a decade ago in Charlotte, NC. didn't even make the national news. that time the mayor was outraged as were the rest of the city's residents and officials. helipcopters and troops everywhere in warehouse district near residential neighborhoods. people literally thought the city was being invaded. someday some well armed civilians are going to send some of these "invaders" to their graves. sad thing is the citizens will be prosecuted if not killed for defending their homes against what they rightly believe to be either terrorists or a foreign invading military.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
gee, it's illegal for me to go into a movie theater and scream fire, they don't want me to cause mass panic...

but, well, this didn't cause any panic??

I know if I saw and heard helicopters and explosions 10 at night, I'd be a little unnerved! heck the idea that it was my government training wouldn't even cross my mind! it was be just too "insane" to be considered a possibility.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhCircle
It is way to noticeable. That is typically not something the military would do.

Yes it is something they would do. They are training. Happens all the time.

Originally posted by AceOfAces
I recently encountered a trail of about 12-13 army trucks riding through my town on a smaller highway...very eerie...

martial law might not seem so "out there" afterall...

This happens all the time too. They have to transport their equipment for training and deployment somehow. If it's not that far of a distance they drive, if it's cross-country they can ship them by plane or train. Nothing eerie about it.

Originally posted by dawnstar
gee, it's illegal for me to go into a movie theater and scream fire, they don't want me to cause mass panic...

but, well, this didn't cause any panic??

I know if I saw and heard helicopters and explosions 10 at night, I'd be a little unnerved! heck the idea that it was my government training wouldn't even cross my mind! it was be just too "insane" to be considered a possibility.

You screaming fire will cause mass panic. Them announcing on the news that they will be having a training exercise nearby and then actually following through and having a training exercise nearby doesn't cause mass panic except here. From what I have read the people in New Orleans had several days of advanced notice that this would be going on. Anyone living there who didn't have a clue what was going on must live under a rock. People talk when stuff like that is announced. So even if they didn't see it on the news chances are they knew someone who did and probably would have mentioned it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Go back to sleep...
Lay your head down child,
I won't let the boogeymen come.
Counting bodies like sheep to the rythm of the war drums.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TERRORISM MY BUTT! I think it is more than that. anyone else have more info, contact me at erniemusic2 (at) yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

That's a shame what you are trying to say. You make no difference between a bomb or a grenade (war, killing) and fireworks (joy, beauty)? Don't you thing there is something wrong in what you say? Or may be, bombs and weapons are something joyful for you. More than a shame, what you are trying to say is crazy and idiot (for more precision go in a school or in a church, or anywhere else. But go there just one time in your life please...).

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I can understand the military's need for training. I live within the LaVeta MOA in Colorado so we are somewhat use to ongoing aerial training. What I did find appalling was when I watched the youtube video I found a link to an incident in Denver in June of 2008. It seems there was a failure to communicate on the part of DOD. Locals were not informed in advance!

This was unconscionable imo. While most of us would assume it was a case of military training maneuvers many of the elderly or mentally challenged might not. There was a practice many years ago where military fighter jets were targeting people on the Interstate in my area. We had been targeted in such a way. Some elderly people were experiencing heart palpitations. I heard some had actual heart attacks while driving. Either way the practice was discontinued. People were angry. At least I haven't experienced it anymore and I haven't heard about it from others.

Unless you've ever been the target of low flying fighter jets you can't know just how loud and overwhelming it really is. When my son was 2 we were out playing in the sandbox when out of nowhere several fighter jets flew extremely low over my house. My son's mouth flew open in a terrified scream, his mouth was open wide yet I never heard his scream and could only comfort him. We are use to it but for others it could be quite a shock. I saw how an uninformed person could react in the terrified look on my son's face. I'll never forget it.

We aren't surprised by anything we see overhead. In fact if a helicopter landed on my property I would probably take them out some cold beverages but to the uninformed this could be downright dangerous. Irresponsible at best.

As far as targeting the University in New Orleans. I'm sorry I don't agree with this. All those young people could have been unnecessarily put at risk. Accidents happen all the time during training exercises. In Colorado we all know how strong and unpredictable the winds can be. Those helicopters imo had no business training in such a densely populated area. Especially amongst the uninformed populace in Denver.

Thanks for the video link I had never heard about the Denver incident.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In every U.S. city they've conducted these exercises? It never happened in St.Louis. And even if it had, it's not illegal in any way. The only time we had troops in St.Louis was for a disaster drill conducted down town with the help of the Mo. Guard and Fire department in which I was involved in. Nothing odd or conspiratorial about that.

This thread just makes me shake my head and laugh.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
As much as I enjoy a good conspiracy, this one simply makes me shake my head and laugh. A few times people commented (albeit briefly) on the fact Marti Gras is coming up but never made the correlation of the Military potentially doing the exercise to help train the Police in the city to deal with such a situation. Marti Gras is notorious for its masses of drunken stupor and I wouldn't hold it past the government to simply be trying to nip a potentially bad situation in the bud. Many citizens are already distressed with losing jobs and the difficult financial times ahead and as much as I adamantly belief the government is constantly doing 'black operation' projects behind our back, I simply do not see any which way this is a secret plan with malicious intent. The state of Louisiana has experienced enough issues the past few years and I think government officials are trying to avoid yet another massive embarrassment.

I grew up in a military town, emergency flight formation practices occur.

Cheers to the OP for getting everyone all excited though

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Obviously a joint counter-terror training excercise.
Big deal. I understand and support people to stand up for our rights, but this is a stretch. I'm looking forward to the day when someone will post a thread about real conspiracy like the Anthrax in 2001 coming from a U.S Army base. If you thing that every time the GOVT takes a dump it's a conspiracy then you'll just drive yourself nuts. Pay attention to the big moves, the big lies (Bail outs, Terrorist attacks etc.
Like if they try taking away our guns, or if Martial Law is instituted. Guess what the military trains for Domestic Operations. Happens all the time. I know if another Katrina were to happen in my neck of the woods and Bloods and Crips and other people of thier ilk are looting and killing I want Big army to step in. Anyone saying differently is living divorced from reality. Have you seen the news lately about the Mexican Cartels? They're armed to the teeth.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by solomanskey]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You think you know? Keep thinking. I have many and I mean many friends in military, I have family in military and I am not saying they are not people. What I am saying is that they are pawns or "sheep" when it comes to higher powers and whether or not they choose to obey orders without thinking. I feel no need to explain my reasoning to you as it would be another failed approach....Do you know anyone that has been to war?
I have friends that have been to war, have been in desert storm in the front lines, have lived through P.O.W camps, are Vietnam veterans, are Korean war veterans and I talk to them frequently and the amount of harassment and killing of the innocent that is not documented is appalling.
I do apologize if I pushed your buttons but it is not me that is lacking in understanding. The war crimes commited by our own soldiers are many and from talking personally to my friends and family most of them are pawns who follow orders usually blindly....Through years of brainwash and careful planning they make you think the way you do. Realize it......[edit on 9-2-2009 by N3krostatic]

FYI, I am married to a soldier, and he has been to war, and he is no brainwashed pawn, either. Neither are any of the many, many other military people I have known, and call friends. None of them committed any war crimes, or know of anyone else that did, either. I served in the military myself as well, and my two drill Sgts. in basic were both Vietnam vets, and they were not brainwashed little sheep either, nor did they commit war crimes, or know anyone that did. The horrors they saw in war came from enemy action. Deal with the FACTS. This anti-military "brainwashed war criminal" business is a tool, being used by people that know the military will not be a pawn for them, and that seek to use other means of force, and get unsuspecting and gullible people to allow it. Years of brainwashing and careful planning? You bet, just not where you think...or think you think...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhCircle
Ok, so I haven't read all the posts in this topic yet, but I think we have to consider the possibility that this was a distraction from something else nearby. It is way to noticeable. That is typically not something the military would do. Is there any strange reports from anywhere nearby? I'd really be interested to know what they're distracting the citizens of N.O. from.

Actually, it is exactly what they would do, if needed for training. City training certainly is not the only way, but it is done, and has been since the birth of the nation. There is nothing suspicious or nefarious in this.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join