It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO story on front page of irish newspaper 2 days in a row

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phil J. Fry

It doesn't matter that 'The Sun' is the most unreliable mass brainwashing paper around, what matters is that the masses are being brainwashed into believing that UFO's and aliens exist.

The big question is WHY?
Why now?
Why not before?
What has changed?

And the exciting news is of course, that we who always have believed aren't nutters after all.

BB,
Samuel

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

I would replace "Brainwashed" with "Prepared". Until now, it has rather been the other way around: That the masses have been brainwashed into thinking that Aliens and UFO's do NOT exist.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Now now, it really wasn't too many months ago Larry King himself was going UFO mad (and Murdoch doesn't have his paws in CNN)-I think Rupert is more concerned about his money than anything else-he just likes what sells-UFOs sell in the UK and Ireland and not as much in the U.S.
But I would also like to point out the fact that throughout various worldwide media sources (that never really reported on UFOs before) there has been kind of a UFO buzz lately and I think it is due to the fact that the media outlets are catching on that people are actually really interested and don't consider it a taboo public topic anymore. That and there could just be more evidence....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufohunterireland
Hey Dermo, why join here to leave stupid replies like that, Everyone else has left an Intelligent reply.not tried to scit what other people wrote so do everyone a favour and keep your silly comments to yourself. thanks to everyone else for your replies. well spotted "beamish" on the morning news on television!

Sorry man, was having a bit of a bad day there and couldn't keep the cynicism at bay... and for the record, I didn't skit anything anyone else wrote. I just added some stupid comments. Im sure we can forget about those.

I still feel the same way about the way it only seems to be Murdoch's outlets that are reporting these occurrences. The fact of the matter is that he is a sneaky bit of stuff and definitely has another agenda by printing all these reports.

Only time will tell.

Edit to add - Just so you know, Im not skeptical about UFO's.

[edit on 6/2/09 by Dermo]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I personally would be very surprised if this is part of any disclosure preparations, or any kind of conditioning, as amazing as it would be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a believer, I've seen and read too many things to believe otherwise. You only have to look at some of the incredible NASA STS footage that is out there to know that there is a lot more happening than Joe Public is privvy to.

If there is any agenda to it (other than Rupert Murdoch and his empire cashing in on an opportunity from the general public enmasse), then I would suggest the agenda is to actually keep publishing outlandish UFO / alien related stories over the next few months, of which one or more articles will be proven as being a hoax, and the whole field will be discredited once again, and anyone shown to take the slightest bit of interest in UFO's and aliens will once again, sadly, be made to look like they are a sandwich short of a picnic so to speak.

I noticed Yahoo were carrying a montage of YouTube sourced UFO footage on their home page a week or two ago, produced on their behalf by ITN in the UK (Independent Television News). The sad thing was, that the montage contained at least one well-known fake clip (the opening sequence for anyone who has seen it).

This is all it will take, one major UFO story, publicised heavily in the mainstream media, and proven to be a hoax or fake, and the whole UFO / alien thing will go away again in the mainstream media for a few years. A great way of keeping people off the scent for a bit.

I wish people wouldn't continue to line the pockets of the likes of Murdoch and the Northcliffe empire et al. Who really needs newspapers these days anyways, especially of the red masthead tabloid variety in the UK. Too many agenda's are at play, and I for one am done with being played with.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternatereality1985

I noticed Yahoo were carrying a montage of YouTube sourced UFO footage on their home page a week or two ago, produced on their behalf by ITN in the UK (Independent Television News). The sad thing was, that the montage contained at least one well-known fake clip (the opening sequence for anyone who has seen it).

Yup! I saw that and remember thinking that the purpose of the video was to completely discredit UFO sightings.

I think the hoax they showed was the one supposedly caught by a camera crew in Turkey, where 3 massive CGI triangles move across the sky while a small group of people are running and pointing.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
I think the hoax they showed was the one supposedly caught by a camera crew in Turkey, where 3 massive CGI triangles move across the sky while a small group of people are running and pointing.

Yeah thats the one! I remember seeing this at some point a few months ago, and it was either part of some TV series or part of an advertising campaign of some sort.

Either, they've deliberately put together that montage of stuff that is so obviously unconvincing, to throw people off the scent enmasse, or quite possibly knowing ITN, it was something they cobbled together mindlessly in 5 minutes because they'd rather not cover too much of the real news, because it's just a bit too real for some peoples liking.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What are the odds that if you make the masses believe in the hoax vids- they will believe ANYTHING that might eventually float down out of the sky, and accept it wholeheartedly- meanwhile, people like us will scream and shout "FAKE!" and be quietly hauled away.

Think how conditioned and brainwashed the masses are. And think about how many hoaxes done with software costing upwards of thousands are on Youtube- and what if these vids are NOT done by teenagers with too much time on their hands, but govt agents? Let's suppose for a sec that this is a true thing. What would the agenda be? Look how so many things are tying into the 'need' for alien saviors to come down and make it all right. Look how things have been engineered to be 'unsolvable'- global warming, the possibility of the earth's axis going haywire, the global economy, the list just goes on and on into infinity. And look HOW much has been created, instigated and otherwise invented by the main superpowers on the planet. the US, UK, And China all have both hands in this- right up to their bureaucratic, dirty little necks. Of course, the other less major powers go right along. Nothing like power- or promises thereof.

So, what are the chances that we're being prepared for a visitation- but the creatures that show up are NOT from another planet? Yes, there will be spaceships, and they will 'show' they have technology that will make (most) of our heads swim... but it's nothing more than smoke and mirrors?

What do we do then? Any ideas for a revolt go out the window- because so many will be enthralled by this event... and the few that aren't will be outcasts at best, and publicly called traitors and killed at worst.

I am suspicious. I well and truly am. I think this is going to be the last, main, horrible push for an NWO- guided by 'our benevolent new friends from the stars". *scoffs*

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

As it is not a proven fact that "Blue Beam" exists, it will not be wise to assume automatically that the Aliens nor the ships are "just holograms", only because someone have said so.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

There's more than one way to skin a cat, you know. I am a master at finding many different alternative ways to do something (being broke makes life SO fun. Not.) If it isn't Blue Beam, you have whatever black projects the military is working on. If not that, real time special FX. If not that, the possibility the aliens are actually demons that our govts are in collusion with. There's too many possibilities for this to be a deceit, and not enough to convince me it's real aliens. It's all too pat.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

He's also a Scientologist. No wonder there's so many UFO stories being run through his media holdings!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For me personally, this is the most interesting news subject on ATS right now. We can all agree that MSM media to an extent picks and chooses what news items it wants to publicize to the world, and we can also agree that MSM does have an agenda it is trying to push on the masses.

Having the E.T. phenomena be covered by MSM in my mind confirms many articles of information I've come across on the internet lately, namely being disclosure as an imminent event. I remember not two or three months ago CNN television was running sort of an 'alien week', where they had at least an hour or two dedicated everyday for five days roughly to covering ET's. They would ask the viewers they're opinions on aliens, and they would air their opinions via forum messages and call ins live. Testing the water perhaps?

One thing that has prevented disclosure at least somewhat has been that the people in the know understand that many aren't too keen to the ideas of 'aliens' being an actual fact of our existence here in our universe, that we are not alone. This is mainly because of religious conditioning; how would you feel if you have been told your entire life that we are a unique coincidence in the entire universe, only to find out "hey, look at these guys over here..."

But really, in our inter-connected society, its only a matter of time now. Information is shared globally in a matter of seconds, something that has been possible only for the past few years. With this kind of freedom of knowledge, it is only a matter of time before people begin to wake up to the facts, that if even one picture or video capture, out of the hundreds of thousands of documented UFO encounters is indeed real, then we are not alone in the universe.

What I find hilarious though is how some people here will talk about the 'MSM agenda' all the time, but when something of actual importance to the alternative or conspiratorial community begins to get coverage, its just a coincidence, or they "don't have anything else to cover that day". Yeah, okay.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Damn, Im in Dublin myself, missed it, though interstingly enough, my brother and I saw "something" unusual the other night, I was out looking at the stars and how amazingly bright the moonlight was illuminating the garden, my eyes just noticed something moving, for a second I thought it was another star, as it looked like one, it mved extremely fast and slowly seemed to fade out of existence...........really had to be there, it was something.

Anyways, remenber project Bluebeam?
Tread carefully when it comes to mainstream UFOs.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I live in the Dallas Ft Worth area and I've been seeing some stuff for the past few months. Most people don't pay much attention to the sky here because of the DFW international airport, but I happened to start paying attention more when I kept seeing a "formation" consistently in the same spot in the sky on my way in to work in the mornings. It looks like a flat disk at 45 degree angle just hanging in the sky. The first time I saw it, I thought it might have been a contrail that hadn't dissipated, but like I said it was there in the sky, same spot every day. I don't have any pictures because really until today I thought there was some reasonable explanation for it.
Anyway, today I was stuck in gridlock on 183. The planes fly down accross 183 to land at DFW. I was watching a plane fly in, and then above it higher up in the skyline, I saw an orb of light. At first, I thought it may have been another plane, but then it curved around in the sky in a 180 degree manuever and then got a little brighter. Then it was gone.

Don't know what it was..

[edit on 6-2-2009 by its bologna]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by its bologna

I haven't heard about this UFO over Ireland story until now.
I can't seem to find any other articles about it.
Anyone have a link to share?
Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm concidering that No Gov't on this planet is about to disclose anything
about Space Travelers.

And the Travelers have become weary of waiting for the authorities of "Earth" to disclose, so they are disclosing them selves.

Or !!
Mayhap, Gov'ts are deliberately creating Chaos, to weaken the people.
Then by the time the Visitors have All of their Troopships assembled, Annexing of terra firma will be less confontational.(things appear Just about ready)

But then again Vehrner von Braun is probably right.
Scare Tactics:
1. Russians / Communists
2. Terrorists
3. Third-world Country "Crazies" / Axis of Evil / Nations of Concern
4. Asteroids
5. Aliens (extraterrestrials)

[edit on 7-2-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Almost every media outlet that Rupert Murdoch owns - Sun, Star, Sky, Cnn, Fox etc etc has going on and on about UFO's for the past year.

Woah there, don't insult Murdoch. He doesn't own CNN, which is a competitor of FOXNews, which he DOES own. Murdoch detests CNN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join