It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain worms on the rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Tapeworm in the brain. This was on our news. This doctor has removed 5 himself in the past few months. Why so many?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Uhh scary. I'm pretty baffled. Brings up the Alec Baldwin commercial about eating brains to mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
My friend Dr.Rufus Red had to remove these from an african child back when he was in the peace core. Now they just use anti-biotics so you do not have to do the messy surgery.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

Sorry to dispute you here but antibiotics would not get rid of parasites. It might get rid of the side effects of parasite infestation but not the actual worms.

Also, if worms are in the brain only a blood-brain barrier disruption with antihelmitics would work (short of surgery). This requires a stay in the ICU and is very dangerous.

What I'd like to know is how the worms are getting past the blood brain barrier to start with. I know it can happen if you have parasites in the BODY for a really long time, eventually they will migrate, but not just starting off.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Imagine that - telling people ive got a worm in my head

I wonder how they get it out? Starve you and leave a bit of cheese by your ear

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah I am wondering the same thing. Why are so many people getting this without a body infestation?

Makes me wonder if the worms found a new way in or have changed somehow.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought I had remembered a thread about this before, not too long ago.
Yep.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
OOps, sorry did not realize it was already posted.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why is this becoming so common??? Animals don't wash their hands, and we don't hear about them getting worms in the brain... Perhaps this has something to do with those crazed population reductionists...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

oh really?

The most common treatment for tapeworm infection involves oral medications that are toxic to the tapeworm. These drugs include praziquantel (Biltricide) or albendazole (Albenza), as well as niclosamide, although this drug is not available in the United States. The medication prescribed depends on the species of organism and site of infection involved.

My friend Dr. Rufus Red is a doctor and knows what he is talking about.

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

Did you read the link you posted to dispute me?

These drugs are poorly absorbed by the digestive system and
work by dissolving or attacking the adult tapeworm. Be aware that these drugs target the adult tapeworm, not the eggs, so take care to avoid reinfecting yourself. Always wash your hands after using the toilet and before eating.

Stool samples are generally checked at one month or three months after you've finished taking your medication, depending on what species of tapeworm you have. Successful treatment should render your stool free of tapeworm eggs, larvae or proglottids. The success rate is greater than 95 percent in people who receive appropriate treatment.

Anti-inflammatories if you have cysts
In cases in which the tapeworm infection has migrated to tissues outside your intestine, your doctor may prescribe an anti-inflammatory steroid to reduce any swelling caused by the development of cysts.

Surgery if you have life-threatening cysts
Surgery may be required to remove cysts that have deveoped in your liver, lung or other organs, and organ transplantation may be your last resort in some cases.

(bolded text is my emphasis)

So, again, antihelmetics and a blood-brain barrier disruption to get them out of your brain or surgery. Best to do a regularly scheduled prevention program. Just assume that you probably have some parasites and give yourself an annual cleansing.

And who is Dr. Rufus Red? I keep hearing that name but google just turns up something about cats. ????

[edit on 6-2-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How serendipitous?

My mother was talking to me about a character that she watches on TV having worms in his brain. I think it was one those doctor programs I can’t remember the name of the one but they play back to back and I believe one is called “The Practice”.

Anyway here is another one for the Hollywood always warns you page.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Its from eating pigs. If you eat trash this is what happens to you. I knew abut this when i was 12 people cmon. But no one wants to give up their bacon!

new topics

top topics

join