It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUUSH! Limbaugh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So apparently Rush Limbaugh is being backed now by the Republican Party to run for 2012. I did a search on ATS to see if anyone is doing a thread similar to mine and couldn't find it (though the way this usually works out, is within the next post someone will prove me wrong). Now, I already obviously have my thoughts about Rush and whether I could see him as a President, but to not turn this into another ATS, bash my comments thread, I have decided to ask what you all thought about the matter? I will of course post my own thoughts, but I find if I do that in this first post insanity tends to insue.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My thoughts?

Excuse me for a minute while I go and throw up........

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Ehh. I personally believe we will evolve past such politics by 2012, and even if we don't, if Rush gets elected somehow, there will be true secession of states. Beginning with yes, Texas.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

So apparently Rush Limbaugh is being backed now by the Republican Party to run for 2012.
reply to post by NativeAmerican

Backed by the RP? I have listened to Rush since '89 about. He has repeatedly said he has no political aspirations. Golf, sports commentary, political commentary, cigar conniseur, liberal bashing, yes. But not an active politico. That would be below Rush's radar IMHO.

Would someone like Rush be readily accepted by the RNC to put the country back on track and off of the severely left, liberal, communist course of Pelosi and Barack? Goodness yes! But there are more realistic and willing choices!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I will list my problems now with him at the absurd hour of 3:53 am. Here are my main problems with him and they are all of personal characteristics.

1. He's racist
2. He was a drug addict

You can't argue with the fact that he is a racist. I have transcripts dating back from the beginning his show was aired. Numerous racial as well as prejudice remarks. He's even suggested the killing of Native Americans was in no way a genocide. I'm not going to get into his comments about the African American community or anti-feminist remarks but to this day he still calls us "injuns" which is a blatant and well defined term as "a Native American slur" similar to "those Red Skins". Yet he continues to say it, naturally and hatefully, which is scary (what have we ever done to him?
). It's quite literally hate without reason.

To address number 2, yes he was a drug addict. I'm not saying this makes someone a bad person. Hell, I was addicted to drugs for 2 years. What it does show, however, is an addiction problem. To this day within certain circles I have to try with all my might to not give in to using. It's like what some people say, "once an addict always an addict". There's always that want to use, and those who get addicted to drugs easier tend to have more addictive personalities.

At this time I can't comment on his political views. I am not THAT well familiar with them right now. More research is needed. If he does run for president I wouldn't call him a safe pick by any means. There's bound to be many....many skeletons there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

1. He's racist

Humor is a delicate subject. Rush does it better than almost anyone but you have to be open minded.

What Rush spends much of his time doing is pointing out how RACIST most minorities actually are while the minorities are ranting and complaining about being discriminated against and abused and so on. Much of the material he uses comes out of the mouths of the people claiming abuse and discrimination. His target groups are usually so closed minded they don't understand his point and of course never admit their own racism.

The incredible Obama never let us look at his health records so we don't know if he was ever addicted or treated for an addiction. Dittos for Slick Willie. There are some presidents who were quite open about their past records. Personally, I think a person who has faced an addiction successfully is a better person. It says something about their personal strength and integrity and in the end they are smarter and stronger.

Just my $ 0.02.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I hope that day never comes. Can't stand the guy's voice, can't stand anything that spews from his mouth, can't stand him period!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This is really one bad joke.

Please do not give this guy any more attention; his head is already big enough.

We have already had a President that claimed that God spoke to him do we need one that claims that God has loaned him his talent.

Okay you guys that are looking for the anti-Christ you may have found your man in this one.

Honestly do not encourage this guy. He is bad news and anyone that thinks this guy in in this business for anything but the money then he has you duped.

He is just a loud mouth, shock jock looking to get paid,

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Wait..I don't get it. How is him calling my people "injuns" or saying Donovan McNabb got the credit for being a good QB for being black pointing out other minorities racism? Or saying "Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Summer/93). When in the real world, not his world, women couldn't vote before feminism.

Or on NAFTA: "If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people--I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do--let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work." (Radio show quoted in FRQ, Fall/93)

I might be ignorant or missing something but how is he pointing out other peoples racism?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
He is so anti-democrat, he would go against anything the Democrats try to pass. I don't care if its the most logical idea ever, his pride wouldn't let him cooperate.

He has no chance, and I am sick of his hardcore party dedication. I am Libertarian, and I think the bi-party hatred is ruining then country. Less parties and more partying, go for an independent.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

"So apparently Rush Limbaugh is being backed now by the Republican Party to run for 2012."

So how about listing a source?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I can and will argue that he is NOT a racist. Being "politicly incorrect" does not make someone a racist. Why do people try to discourage free speech by using unpleasant labels against those they disagree with?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You know, I hate to admit it, but I'm not even going to get started on Limbaugh. All that happens is the limbots come out of the woodwork to defend the moron and think I can give fair respect to someone that feels like they can defend him justly.
I have no respect for someone that tries to stick up for Limbaugh.
Lanimilbus is out of this thread

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Oh no. Oh my.
This is a terrible terrible idea.
Better he stay on the radio where we can turn him off.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Alright here's the first one that popped up from Google.

www.nationalpost.com...

It's literally been on MSNBC the past 3 days. Though you seem like another one of the people on here that don't watch the news. I know on the Daily Show the other night they compiled all the hype about it from different fox correspondents and MSNBC representatives. There's also this.

www.youtube.com...

Where exactly are you drawing the line between "politically incorrect" and racist?

Injun is a very derogatory term used by southern whites against Native Americans. It is really a distortion of "Indian". This word is to Native Americans as "Ni****" is to African-Americans. But I suppose a white guy coming on the radio and calling an African-American "ni**a this ni**a that" is perfectly acceptable. Your not Native so you wouldn't know how it feels. Stop pretending like you do.

Why do people try to discourage free speech by using unpleasant labels against those they disagree with?

I don't know? Why does rush do that?

[edit on 6-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Wow. You are full of yourself. How dare you call me a racist because I argued against your rant. People like you are exactly why this site has insited on civility and decorum because you obviously use neither.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Then tell me as I asked. Although you addressed none of my questions. Where do you draw the line between "politically incorrect" and racist? I haven't called you a racist outright like you claim. So obviously you realize what you are doing is borderline racism.

Your attitude just reeks negativity. You're backed into a corner so you play the "victim". I've seen it many times. Then you call me arrogant without knowing me. Grow up!
and stop defending intolerance. It's downright disgusting. I'm putting you on ignore to not deal with ethnic ignorance.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The only purpose of your thread is to bait people into arguments. You are hateful and intollerant and I have no use for you. You really have no argument so you play the "race card". Your rant borders on hate speech. You whine because people have no tolerance yet you are not tolerant of other views. You only believe in free speech if what is said is what you agree with.

"But I suppose a white guy coming on the radio and calling an African-American "ni**a this ni**a that" is perfectly acceptable. What are you talking about? Explain that statement.

"Your not Native..." You have no clue what I am so stating that for a fact is ignorant and foolish.

Go ahead and ignore me. Maybe others will not be as close-minded as you.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

First off let me apologize because we did get off to a bad start and I don't want to ignore anyone because you're right (ignoring someone would be close-minded). To be honest I kind of got in a foul mood because on other forums when someone posts something like "So, care to site a source?" or something it usually comes from people that act snobby on the forums (usually because they think I am incapable of giving a source). It was a stressor and I apologize. I do not want to be your enemy. You are also right that I assumed you weren't Native American, and that too was wrong. It's just that usually someone who is Native would find something like that pretty offensive.

But I am curious as to how have I been hateful? I seriously don't want to be your enemy. If I messed up I messed up, and apparently I did something wrong for you to "not have any use for me". I want to know so I can learn form it and be a better person. We are all learning, and I am no different. My objective was not to bait anyone into any argument whatsoever which is why I didn't want to start the thread with my own thoughts, which again involved race, specifically because of the "injun" comment that Rush has used on occasion and the hate it's bred in the past.

I hope we can get along in the future and I do want to hear still what the difference is coming from you as to "politically incorrect" and racist (also anyone else who has any thoughts about the difference, could make for a good discussion). I am very curious. I could be missing something.

I am an adult, as you seem to be as well and I hope we can turn this away from turning into some dead thread based on two people with different views. I hate seeing threads like this get derailed. Again, I accept all fault if I did anything wrong and I hope we can continue a thought provoking discussion in the essence of "bi-partisanship" if you will.

P.S. I sent you a u2u as well and hope that you will still agree to play an active role in the discussion.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It will NEVER happen. NEVER.

He's too hardcore right. He's burned too many bridges.

And besides....he would be a TERRIBLE president.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join