It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell claims ETs have made contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

Link

See thats what Ive been trying to tell you guys all along

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Good Read, Why dont they just come out with it Finally!!!

Ususally crap from NASA, we have no involvement in UFOS or cover-ups. Yeah right.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This man is one of reasons i beleive we are not alone. S&F also a few other things on him.
wiki
official website

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Edgar Mitchell has been linked with the X-files movie series, I believe this information came out before the newest addition to the cinema franchise. He just wants to build hype for it

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Though I want to believe....

If he came out with this information when he was younger then we wouldn't have to factor senility into his claims.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Nick_X]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Poor old Ed Mitchell decides to come clean, and people still don't believe him?

Seriously, if Barak Obama came out and confirmed the alien story, there would STILL be people who would disparage him and say he's lost his marbles.

If I beheld the truth, or inside story, I would keep my mouth shut. Destruction of one's life (literally or figuratively) just doesn't seem worth it.

It seems Jack was right "...you can't handle the truth!"

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Dr. Mitchell is NOT senile! I have heard him discuss this issue several times. He is calm and well spoken. It is those who are doing the interviews who try to make him look that way.
In an interview on Fox and Friends several months ago, Steve Doocey kept asking stupid questions, and referring to Dr. Mitchell as "Ed," which told me he had absolutely no respect for the man.
If a man earns a doctorate, goes to the moon and safely returns, you refer to him by his proper title when doing an interview, regardless of how well you know him. (And I don't think Doocey knew Dr. Mitchell that well.)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Why is it always NASA there are other people these aliens can contact. What is deemed contact a flashing light the “HOW” hand signal. Why doesn’t Edgar Mitchell tell us of these events how they made contact, where, when, what was communicated.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
He did a radio interview on Veritas last week. You can listen to it here.. He doesn't sound senile and he doesn't say anything outlandish. The show's an hour, but less if you skip the bad music interludes

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ATS Mix interview with Edgar Mitchel:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kevin Smith Show:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Dr. Mitchell is NOT senile! I have heard him discuss this issue several times. He is calm and well spoken.

That's exactly my point - he's not senile, but the possibility damages his credibility.

When comparing possibilities such as Alien Life VS Senility....while many of us Believers will know or believe the right choice, the Masses will more than likely choose the easily explainable choice.

That's what is happening now....the MSM cater to the Masses, and they dont want to show footage that will be percieved as an old man's ideas to the Masses.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
From his wikipedia entry :

"Mitchell is one of the initial supporters of the Campaign for the Establishment of a United Nations Parliamentary Assembly - which would be a first step towards a "world parliament"

I like what I've read about him but idealist's always seem to forget that order only comes out chaos. Even their "idea" of order.

Peace

[edit on 6-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159
Poor old Ed Mitchell decides to come clean, and people still don't believe him?

Seriously, if Barak Obama came out and confirmed the alien story, there would STILL be people who would disparage him and say he's lost his marbles.

If I beheld the truth, or inside story, I would keep my mouth shut. Destruction of one's life (literally or figuratively) just doesn't seem worth it.

It seems Jack was right "...you can't handle the truth!"

If he did, I know the world would go CraZy.
Realy tuff stuff this you know!..

But, here is just some wierd coinsidences from me: may 2001 was the Disclosure Project at National Press Club, 4 months after, you have the 9-11 'terror' attack on WTC.
Then in june of 2008 E.Mitchell spill hes beans on Kerrang and Cnn about Ufo's, then, 4 months after that,you have the Mumbai 'terror' attacks..
Funny coinsedences this, atleast I think so. But I am very paranoid,I dont believe in any one these days, it is like Dr.House sais: Every body Lies.

Salute...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm a little confused at why your opinions couldn't have been a continuation of the several other ATS threads on this very topic... am I the only one who thinks this? Just doing a simple ATS search for Edgar Mitchell and adding any thoughts to those would make it a lot easier than going from 1 thread to another on the same topic.

Mainly because I hold the feeling that anyone that comes out against Mitchell because of his age is making a huge mistake. Then again, to accept his story as valid without the possibility of it being disinformation is equally treacherous. The more opinions the better - but really we got to try to condense the information, as organization is the only hope for true progress on such issues.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There are many here that have interacted with these different beings "yup" right here at ATS and they have been here for awhile and have disclosed what they experienced until they turned blue in the face aNd it hasn't done squat.

I believe we here know more then the Astronauts and we talk freely but hey, people just don't sense truth's, sad it is.

I wait the day it comes forth and I will be a nice old granny and when you aren't looking I'm gonna stick my tongue out at a lot of you,

[edit on 7-2-2009 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Google Video Link

link video.google.com...

43minutes in.... Mr Mitchell .... strange fella .....

I especially draw your attention to his son's comment near the very end of the doco telling the interviewer they could call in the CIA to wax their arses...

One thing that I want to understand is why all the astronauts have really no personalities and seem tranced at the best of times.... but then I'd be speculating about how NASA have the mind control thing down pat.

wZn

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

Link

See thats what Ive been trying to tell you guys all along

Hardly surprising. I guess it will come as a "shock" for others, though.

Good post.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Edgar Mitchell has been linked with the X-files movie series, I believe this information came out before the newest addition to the cinema franchise. He just wants to build hype for it

Anyone can come on an anonymous account and make claims such as that. Substantiating them is another story.

-rrr

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
what more do we need to prove that aliens are visiting us?!?!!? videos, pictures, chanelling, fleets of ufos, come on! He is a doctor, walked on the moon, he knows some incredible stuff, and to say its promotion for a movie is just lame. God, i wish each sceptic would have some alien encounter - but then it would just simply be debunked by them because they will never believe regardless what happens..

Also, if he came out with this when he was younger, we probably wouldnt hear about it today because im sure he would be dead. PEOPLE - HE IS AN ASTRONAUT, A DOCTOR, what more do you debunkers need??????
***edited to add the bottom paragraph

[edit on 8-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is an interesting point;

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.

If these aliens are, according to Edgar Mitchell, peaceful then there is no reason to cover up the evidence. Humans do not need to fear or avoid interaction with these aliens, their technology could be beneficial to our society.

Disclosure, liberation of the evidence - albeit complex and covering decades - should occur now. It is a utter fallacy what NASA is doing.

new topics

top topics

join