It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army official: Suicides in January 'terrifying'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hate to say it...

But those troops killing themselves may have saved more lives than you can imagine. Maybe those particular troops would have ended up taking innocent lives?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

callous bugger
I have to agree to an extent as well...a LOT of innocent people are losing their lives including soldiers.

Severe depression, anger, isolation and hopelessness.... add a gun and lots of ammo... it could happen and I'm sure it has.

I've heard some real horror stories from people who were in Vietnam...they just lose it and either start shooting anything that moves or in some extreme cases turn the guns on their own platoons and especially officers...then themselves.

Still...the prevention is what is missing. Mental Heath in the military (sounds like an oxymoron right?) is a catch 22. Admit a problem and you may get help or you may be penalized...many just ignore their problems and try to keep going.

Perhaps one out of those soldiers would have been lost enough to take a multitude of innocent lives down with him...but the rest?

I think it's a very, very small percentage who have done the gene pool a favor by taking themselves out.
(sometimes you just gotta say "what the H????" LOL)

[edit on 2/7/2009 by justgeneric]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Mr Lyzard

Are you proposing an argument in favour of sustaining this perpetual blood bath! This nightmarish Loop!

Served its purpose, in the past. History is filled with proud bloody conquest. I am bored with this picture. I believe that great number of humans are peacefull, intelligent and evolved and we do not seem to have rights to our own Life and time here...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's terribly sad... and says a lot about how our military is used. They are seen as expendable assets to the ones making decisions from multi-thousand dollar armchairs. I have made a thread about the "War on Terror" and what exactly are we gaining are by sending tens of thousands of troops into middle eastern countries. More troops have been killed fighting "the boogeyman" than American Citizens on 9/11 (if you even think it was middle eastern terrorists who planned, coordinated, funded, and carried out the attacks). What's the point? Why are we wasting so many lives fighting this "boogeyman," when we take "high value prisoners" to an illegal prison then let them go because we have nothing to charge them with, and even if we did we've never give them a trial anyway. Osama Bin Laden... never caught by the most advanced military community in the world. The "bomber of the USS Cole" had his case DROPPED.

We aren't bringing anyone to justice. We are only wasting more "assets" and raping and pillaging the middle east while we're at it. I know you military types don't think that way, but that's what all that Basic was for... the tearing down of your psyche and building it up. Changing how you think. You probably won't even admit to it and swear up and down that you haven't changed... but that is how effective the military model is in this country as far as brainwashing goes.

Obesity kills more people in a week than terrorism does in a year. Fact.

So what the hell are we wasting thousands of troops lives for?

I support our TROOPS and wish every one of them would come back home safe... but I despise the ones giving them the orders to march into their own death... whether its by friendly fire, suicide, botched training exercises, or in combat.

I am not naive enough to believe there is never a need for war, our country needs one right now against its own tyrannical constitution smashing government, but we don't need one against a "threat" that is less harmful than driving your car every day or obesity.

We should withdraw all troops involved in this sham war on terror and let the CIA, NSA, black ops, unmanned drones (of which we have thousands and thousands now), and covert ops troops take out these "high value extremists" once sufficient intel is collected. But that would be too easy... It's much easier to send young men to die and divide a country, thus keeping control while "they" make real decisions that actually have an impact on our lives while we are left to bicker about morality.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The loss of Jobs and Infrastructure in America forces people who wouldn't normally join the military into this organization. I was told by a relative last year that soldiers were requesting medication for pain then overdosing on the pain pills prescribed to them. We are in Iraq and Afghanistan because of 9/11. What have we done here to release our Soldiers from this War?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Believing in god or not - we can all wish the best for such soldiers. You might call it a prayer, I just call it a wish. Same difference

All I can think of is that when the value of life is deemed less than what it truly is, these soldiers that are depressed put it on a scale. Instead of "life" weighing down completely, it has lost all of its weight from the killing and destruction of war. Death, then, finally outweighs life.

(For those of you that read the this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Whatever you chose to love, please make it something we all can also love.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I do not think that is the case - but maybe it will save lives by people realizing what WAR is and what it can do to you.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Get help. Seriously.

Tell someone you love to help you.

Totally agree I was thinking about replying and using a logical argument to refute the nonsense but realized anyboby that said something like that is delusional

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Maybe some of the soldiers couldn't take being called murderers, rapists, land-grabbers, sick and perverted, criminals, baby killers, mass murderers, enslavers, psychopaths, and murdering for the rich anymore- as some in this thread have described them.
What a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Army official: Suicides in January 'terrifying'

"This is terrifying," an Army official said. "We do not know what is going on."

A bunch of mostly very young kids - who don't understand what war really is-
went to war - an unpopular war - killed people - stayed longer than they were suppose to - and/or came back to a society on the verge of destruction - filled with a bunch of people who could never really understand what they just went through.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Lets not ever ever stand against war - or else...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I guess this is what thread killing is all about

I am a thread killer

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

maybe the people on this thread are right.

was any of the soldiers forced to take part in any of the ongoing american wars?

for me these are guys that are willing to become a killer for some x$. i am from germany but here it´s the same with afghanistan (even worse because we were not attacked by anyone).

so first these ego-shooter conditioned kids think they gonna walk through like rambo and then they start to whine as they realize what should have been seen clearly at home already ... war is opposed to normal human behaviour and is always more than non-sociopathic people can take.

i always wondered myself why i should risk my life just because some crazy guy (president, king, ...) decided that we need to punish our neighbours.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To top things off...just imagine fighting for your country just to come back and seeing your leaders refute what the people want.

To fight for your country and come back just to live in a recession.

I know life isn't that bad for us - but perhaps seeing it from their point of view?

They go into war thinking they are fighting for our freedoms, yet come back and see politicians trying to push gun bans, police brutality, millions of people losing jobs, mass welfare, States issuing IOUs, and all the other crud.

While I still think many could cope with it, just thinking about it, especially after coming back from war, is depressing so it would seem.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Warning: this answer is very occult, be advised that what i'm saying is from personnal experience.

Suicide is the ultimate manipulation of mankind. I'll try to explain
here what manipulation is all about.

Mankind has always been manipulated, from the very start of it's history.
Not only in a physical sense, but also on the mental level.
Fear, anger, all these emotions are part of our evolution process and
we need to understand that the origin of emotions is thoughts.

The origins of thoughts was never discovered by science because it does not originate from the physical reality. It eminates from the higher mental realm of our reality, in other words, it's our cosmic self.

Starting with the principle that humans are multidimensional (Higher mental, lower mental, physical, vital and astral), thoughts are a form of light energy that is manipulated by the astral world (dead people), and the reason for that is to test us in our emotivity.

The reason the astral world (dead people, desincarnated souls) manipulate thoughts is to bring back mankind to their sphere or reality. Also, they manipulate thoughts so they can feel a sense of vitality, in other words, it's their only way of feeling alive.

Now, back to the suicide phenomena. It's very hard to comprehend why someone would take their own life. A normal person, with no emotional trauma, would never consider suicide as an option. To commit suicide, you need to be traumatised big time.

Trauma is always caused by thoughts related to an event or experience.
These soldiers have been traumatised and through thought manipulation ended up suiciding.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
just wanted to update this thread, more suicides -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Please talk to someone about how you are feeling...

Originally posted by Aislin

Let's see....spa trips for the corporate rich or mental health support for the men and women who fight to keep us safe?

This is a travesty. Payday someday! Maybe someday soon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join