It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann: It's time for Cheney to 'leave this country'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
I do agree he and the Bush regime needs to be outed and questioned and depending on the outcome of an investigation, held accountable for their actions. Until this happens, none of us know for 100% sure what took place during the Bush years. Even then, who knows what information the general public will be allowed to have access to?

I agree. If Obama is serious about change, then they will have serious investigations into what happened during those years. If they are serious about change, they will push through legislation outlawing certain policies and activities, not signing toothless executive orders that Obama or any other future President can choose to ignore or over-write at a whim.

Originally posted by amazed
One thing that really angers me, is how the Bush team pushed through a bailout for the banks, but now that the Obama team is trying to push through a bailout that might, just might help the people, the republicans are complaining.

I'm not upset about this one bit. Both pieces of legislation were bad, the first should not have been passed and the second should not past. If the Republicans are blocking it, that's fine. At least they are doing the right thing...even if it is for the wrong reasons.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

What I was trying to say that since nothing has happen to America since 9/11 should be some proof the the tactics used in information gathering helped to prevent any future event from happening. Is it wrong to use any means necessary to make your country safe.

I am going to presume that you are not one who believes this glorious outgoing administration was behind the 9/11 "attack." [shakes head sadly]

But frankly, I DO think so. And so to hear you propping them up by basically saying that they made us safer because they didn't attack us again... Well, I have to laugh.

No, I'm not going to debate who caused 9/11. At this point there is no way to change your mind. All weirdness about that day has rolled off your closed mind already and I don't expect anything to start seeping in now.

I just wanted to show how absurd your statement is in light of the plethora of evidence I opened my mind to.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Amaterasu]

link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
I apologize if my Rush statement sounded like an attack. I'm just saying that extremes exist on any side.

I know exactly what you are saying. And I am saying it does not matter if there are extremists on both sides. Just because someone on one side may be extreme, it does not excuse the partisan and divisiveness (and yes, Olbermann is those thing) of the other side. The childish excuse of "the other side does it too!" has been used far too long in this country to excuse the inexcusable.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by SaviorComplex]

link   
Olberwoman is a bloated talking head. With Bush and Cheney out of office, he now has no material. Maybe he can focus what little energy he has left on the fat cats in congress for a change. Come on Olberwoman, it is ok to criticize them and to hold them accountable.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

One person's absurdity is another person's fact. I think that's what ATS is about

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I like Olbermann - guy's funny and what can I say, I'm liberal about certain things and conservative about others. So in essence, I make up my mind after looking at all the evidence.

Hell I watch his show nightly, don't miss it at all...but then again I don't just watch him and don't just watch TV to get all my news. I diversify myself and read it all if possible.

Rush on the other hand lol...sending your maid to score OxyContin for you LOL.

I'm sure Olbermann isn't an angel and not going to say he's right about everything, but can't really throw stones when you're in a glass house. And again, I find him funny, that and the fact that he's good friends with Rachel Maddow, another show I enjoy.

Edit*

Are you kidding? There's so much left over Bush/Cheyney fodder that he could literally stick to it for the next year at least. Besides, he has Rush now to kick around, doubt he'll say anything about Obama but who knows what is really up their agenda.

PS.

Just laugh and enjoy the entertainment, if anyone takes the News/Radio serious, they need to have their head examined.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Riviera]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

You're absolutely correct. An example to think about...

What if Olberman got busted doctor shopping and having mucho Oxy around. What if he was high while doing his show? (Sometimes I think he might be LOL).

Again this isn't an attack on Rush...just something to ponder

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

You and me both. Just stick to reading the news.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This cracks me up! Who cares what this self-important talking head thinks? This thread has more viewers than ALL of Olberman's shows combined. Is it true that he still lives in his mommy's house? ROTFLMAO.

And you 9/11 conspiracy loons have WAY too much time on your hands. WAIT, look out, I think the government is now rigging volcanoes to explode. Get out your video cameras so you can prove that Bush/Cheney have now moved on to bigger things.

Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Sure. Of course. That's the obvious and goes almost without saying. but it's the undertones that concern me.

reply to post by Chance321

Of course.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Again it boils down to your choice of the information that you receive

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Again it boils down to your choice of the information that you receive

what are you saying or implying here? sorry but it doesn't make sense to me.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

What I was trying to say that since nothing has happen to America since 9/11 should be some proof the the tactics used in information gathering helped to prevent any future event from happening. Is it wrong to use any means necessary to make your country safe.

what if no event was gonna happen anyway?

thats why your suggestion is not proof, it is simply conjecture and opinion

we do not have all the facts, and we prolly never will

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Persons with a particular mindset or principles will always gravitate towards those who share the same views.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Oh. I see. Just as I suspected, you said nothing here about the actual topic under discussion. Thanks for clarifying this.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This doesn't matter because Cheney will be dead soon.

He's like 200 years old or something, amirite?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Actually I did. Bush haters will be Bush haters and follow that path. Obama haters will be Obama haters and follow that path. Don't make it harder than it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

One person's absurdity is another person's fact. I think that's what ATS is about

Surely. That's why I stepped up to offer my view, and why I owned my view.

Not sure why you felt the need to point this out... [smile]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

LOL...oh I admit that I post for reaction sometimes

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

I don't know about the 'goosebumps' comment, but I saw the peice on gay rights, and I have to say, it was moving. Probably the best show of emotion from any newsman I have ever seen. They are all so plastic, to see someone real was a breath of fresh air. Not to mention that everything he said was spot on...

Chrono

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join