It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann: It's time for Cheney to 'leave this country'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Read the account of Ruby Ridge in Wiki, it is concise, and will not take you long. After all said and done, no prosecution of Weaver, the "scum".

Like I said, you can spin it however you like, the truth is out there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

I think the Weaver story has been done. I don't really see anything valid in going over it again and again. Do I think the raid on Waco was botched? Absolutely. Could the Weaver incident been handled better? Of course. Would your sentiments still be the same if Weaver had been capped and the situation resolved without further incident? I don't know.

Our opinions differ...simple as that.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Olberman's rants.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

'DICK CHENEY' that what should happen to this creature....
WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T SEND HIM TO EUROPE
especially THE U.K,WE HAVE ENOUGH OF HIS SORT ALREADY........

PEACE AND GOODWILL TO ALL......

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

" But take note that after the last attack, they stripped us of a bunch of rights and CREATED this fear-based lifestyle we now lead. "

Really. Can you name just what rights we've lost? I mean I can still move freely from town to town without haveing to show any papers, same with going from county to county, state to state (Sure you have to go through metal detectors at the airport) I can speek freely on the phone (cause I'm not some nutcase plotting on harming anyone), ect. Now as for the "fear based" lifestyle, sure the press got after President Bush about the War on Terror, but yet you don't see the press going after obama using the same fear speach for his 900billion dollar stimulus package, saying this has to be passed or we could be faceing ruin.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Regardless of what Cheney did or did not do during the Bush Administration is not the point. In this instance, Olbermann is upset over Cheney's opinion during an interview and demanding he leave the country because it may hurt the new President. In essence, he is demanding those who may not agree with the new President be silenced. It is sickening and dangerous rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Would the same thing go for biden an powel who both said that obama would be tested and that it wouldn't be clear to the public that obama made the right decision (or something to the effect).

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

It's no more sickening and dangerous than what Rush espouses everyday too. That's the beauty of America!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316
[Chaney]

Why do you mis spell Cheney's name into Chaney?

link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

What I was trying to say that since nothing has happen to America since 9/11 should be some proof the the tactics used in information gathering helped to prevent any future event from happening. Is it wrong to use any means necessary to make your country safe.

It is not proof.

It is 100% speculation.

Show me the intercepted communications of a terrorist event that lead to ops that took them out. Oh but wait, there isn't because its all hidden by the shield of "National security".

I will call Shenanigans on this whole thing until there is real proof!!

link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
It's no more sickening and dangerous than what Rush espouses everyday too. That's the beauty of America!

Stop.

What Rush does or does not say on any particular day does not matter one bit. It in no way excuses what Olbermann did. If it is wrong it is wrong, regardless of how many people are doing it. It does not change based on the person's politics.

What Olberman said and is demanding is in no uncertain terms wrong and every bit as un-American as he accuses Cheney of being.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
IMHO we should kick out all professional politicians from this country.

Republicans and Dems are all bums. We need representation by people that are representative of us, not a bunch of multimillionaires on the corporate dole.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

First of all, the detainees at gitmo are not human, not in my book, they murder at will their own people, children are meer pawns to use and you call torturing these scum bags inhumane?

we should have waterboarded the entire country. We should waterboard the liberals right now, maybe they are helping the enemy, oh thats right, they have and are still helping them.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why have most of us in this thread spent more time rehashing the same argument we've had for the past 8 years? Though related on a tangent, it is not the topic-at-hand.

This is Olbermann's reaction to an interview, wherein Cheney (in essence)gave his opinion about what policies the Obama Administration should follow. This is what we have all, from hyperbolic partisans such as Olbermann down to the man-on-the-street, have been doing since the time this nation has been founded. But since it runs contary to Olbermann's own partisan beliefs, critical of someone he supports, he demands that Cheney be silenced. From the article, quoting Olbermann...

"It is time for you to desist or to be made to desist."

Made to desist?

[edit on 6-2-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by bobbylove321

cheney clearly knows that something is up and is not being forthcoming. i have said (even before this rant by olbermann) and will say again, the dude (cheney) needs to be waterboarded to find out exactly what he is refusing to tell us. it's a matter of national security and keeping us safe from the nuke/bioweapon he KNOWS is going to wipe out a few hundred thousand of us.

demand that he be questionned now! call the fbi, cia, nsa, your local authorities and your representatives now and let's get this terrorist interrogated by any means "legal and necessary" per his owndefinition.

Part of me says yes yes yes, lets waterboard him and Bush, but then again, I don't agree with torture, on either side. So, in the end, I get a small smile from the "idea" of waterboarding him, but can not get behind it. Two wrongs do NOT make a right.

I do agree he and the Bush regime needs to be outed and questioned and depending on the outcome of an investigation, held accountable for their actions. Until this happens, none of us know for 100% sure what took place during the Bush years. Even then, who knows what information the general public will be allowed to have access to?

By the way, I loved the show, my husband and I watched it, and felt we were watching a nice comedy show.

One thing that really angers me, is how the Bush team pushed through a bailout for the banks, but now that the Obama team is trying to push through a bailout that might, just might help the people, the republicans are complaining. Give me a freakin break, get off your you know whats, and take care of business. If they were really concerned, BOTH sides, dems and repubs, the FIRST bailout would never ever have occurred the way it did. They would have done what they are talking about now, and instead of a bailout, they would have removed taxes for a year as they are saying Obama should do now. Or they would have pushed through a bailout for the PEOPLE and NOT the banking system.

The ONLY thing I see the GOP doing, is stalling, trying to make things worse, so they can then point the finger at Obama. This really ticks me off. I don't care if Obama is democrat or republican. I don't care what side of the fence you are on. I have beliefs that encompasses both sides on many issues. I want them, all of them, to freakin take care of business and help the American people instead of helping just themselves.

edit to add........... We, as citizens of this country, really need to stop this ...us versus them... mentality, the mentality of democrats vs republicans, because I think we all want the exact same thing in the end. To make this country strong and healthy again.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by amazed]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You know not all the Bush and Chaney did was bad. The fact that we never had another 9/11 is proof that some of the policies that they endorsed helped to protect us. They did what needed to be done at the time in order to make a more secure nation. And if Chaney is going to give a warning it should be takes seriously. Besides who is Keith Olbermann to tell any one to go away. We can say the same about his leftist views. What if Bill O'Reilly said the same thing about a democrat?

The fact that we didn't have another 9-11 is because Cheney didn't plan another one.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

We weren't attacked again when Clinton was Pres either my friend. Remeber that we were attacked in 1993 as well with the first World Trade bombing. Clinton didn't open up a prison that caused more problems then it should, didn't invade other countries and so on. Yet we weren't attacked for 8 years after the bombing. So Clinton kept up safe while at the same time abiding by the constitution.

Need we also remember 911 could have been prevented if those in high places had listened to those who foresaw the disaster.

Go Figure

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
King of the Hill is on for an hour now on Cartoon Network from 9pm to 10pm Central time followed by Family Guy

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

First of all, the detainees at gitmo are not human, not in my book, they murder at will their own people, children are meer pawns to use and you call torturing these scum bags inhumane?

we should have waterboarded the entire country. We should waterboard the liberals right now, maybe they are helping the enemy, oh thats right, they have and are still helping them.

You need to wake up with your cons/libs memes.

You are falling for the divide and conquer techniques of the PTB.

The US is in the shape its in because average folks are divided, and don't stand together. The PTB have us fighting each other, so that we are not a threat to their parasitic sucking of all our blood through taxation and control of the money supply.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You know not all the Bush and Chaney did was bad. The fact that we never had another 9/11 is proof that some of the policies that they endorsed helped to protect us. They did what needed to be done at the time in order to make a more secure nation. And if Chaney is going to give a warning it should be takes seriously. Besides who is Keith Olbermann to tell any one to go away. We can say the same about his leftist views. What if Bill O'Reilly said the same thing about a democrat?

Yes DICK and BUSH did not over see a second 9/11...

However their economic policy... how do I put it lightly, did not protect US one bit.

In fact, the policies allowed for open war and whole sale slaughter of entire life savings
and livelyhood. Death is not the only way to measure loss of "life". What of the people who worked thirty or forty years only to loss the rewards of life spent working?

"Remember kids, if you're worried about getting shot and killed, don't wrap the vest around your foot."

[edit on 6-2-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

What I mean by referring to Rush is that it's your choice to listen to Olberman or whomever you choose. I've neither defended nor criticized Rush or Keith.

I apologize if my Rush statement sounded like an attack. I'm just saying that extremes exist on any side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join