It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann: It's time for Cheney to 'leave this country'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
As another member posted before the exact same logic would apply to the Clinton administration's policies.

After the 93 WTC bombing there were no other attacks on our soil for almost 8 years. So obviously that administrations policies were very effective, no?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As the media continues distracting the country from what Obama is doing. Hey guys, look over here, we're still bashing Bush! No, don't worry about what Obama is doing, hes a being of light after all.

What is with our media going after people tey disagree with politically? If its not Palin's family, its private citizens like Joe the plumber or Rush Limbaugh. I can only imagine the uproar if bush started going after Chris Mathews or Keith Olberman. This entire forum would be wringing their hands about how bush is a dictator trying to silence his detractors. Of course all those principles go out the window when the media is shilling and silencing dissent FOR the left.

The sheer amount of hypocrisy coming from the media, these forums and Obama supporters is maddening.

Originally posted by griffinrl
As another member posted before the exact same logic would apply to the Clinton administration's policies.

After the 93 WTC bombing there were no other attacks on our soil for almost 8 years. So obviously that administrations policies were very effective, no?

I think you need to read up on your history. There was the Cole bombing in 2000, the US embassy in Kenya, Khubar towers, ect...

The way you guys try and constantly re-write history to fit your narratives is disturbing.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sounds like sour grapes to me. What happened to the old adage "you don't have to like the President but you should have respect for the office"?

Get over it....there was 8 years of Republican rule and it got us where we are today. Simple facts.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i He said he gets goosebumps whenever obama makes a speech. he is such a tool ...

Yep. And who is he going to complain about for the next 4 years? The dems are all in charge. Olberman rode the 'bash Bush and get famous' train. Now that Bush is out ... Olberman is going to be out of a job if he doesn't come up with a new schtick.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're exactly right. These people (Left and Right) are nothing but entertainers.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
Sounds like sour grapes to me. What happened to the old adage "you don't have to like the President but you should have respect for the office"?

Get over it....there was 8 years of Republican rule and it got us where we are today. Simple facts.

I think its you who needs to "get over it". You guys set the bar for how a president you didn't vote for is to be treated. Now sit back and enjoy the bed you've made.

When the Republicans were in control we were told to move on and deal with the democrats in congress. Now tat the democrats in control, we're told the Republicans are still to blame for everything. We were told dissent against the president was patriotic, now its mean spirited and racist. The media and democrats beat bush over the head for the deficit, yet they applaud when Obama does it.

Wake up, you guys don't have a special set of rules that only we have to follow.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

NO!
The 1993 WTC bombing occurred on Feb. 26 1993...Waco, TX on Feb. 28 1993.

But, of course, Waco WAS an attack against Americans by its own government... NOT a FALSE FLAG event!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How was dissent treated by the Bush administration? I mean really...Republicans have people like Toby Keith denouncing peoples patriotism. And they front individuals like Joe the Plumber.

It doesn't matter who is elected. It's ALWAYS the "other guys" fault.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think handling a religious "organization" that molested children constitutes a terrorist attack by our own country. Then again maybe my moral standards are a bit too high.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I will pay for Dick to go to any other country he wants to go! I will help him pack, I will handle all his travel plans! The problem is I don't think there is a country that would have him!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

With the term "you guys" you pigeonhole individuals. I'm neither conservative nor liberal. My opinion is that when you subscribe to only one side or one set of beliefs you will always be able to justify your position. If the current administration runs the county further into the ground as the previous one did then I'll change my views.

That's difference between you and I. I can change.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

cheney clearly knows that something is up and is not being forthcoming. i have said (even before this rant by olbermann) and will say again, the dude (cheney) needs to be waterboarded to find out exactly what he is refusing to tell us. it's a matter of national security and keeping us safe from the nuke/bioweapon he KNOWS is going to wipe out a few hundred thousand of us.

demand that he be questionned now! call the fbi, cia, nsa, your local authorities and your representatives now and let's get this terrorist interrogated by any means "legal and necessary" per his owndefinition.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

More than likely Cheney had quite a bit more power and control during the Bush administration than previous vice presidents. It's a simple matter of not being in charge anymore and this is Cheney's way of trying keep in power. Human nature.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
He's just playing to his base man. That's what they get off on.

Big deal, this is like quoting Rush saying something about Obama.

It's fodder, .....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Well said Jack

Olberman's rants are just as valid as Rush's or Hannity's. You don't have to watch any of 'em or listen to a thing they say. It's all about choice.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

So the justification merits killing the children. Fine, I do see where you morals lie.

What proof do you have of molestation??? It came out that the only violation committed was an error in the paperwork for a gun transfer by the BD's.

And for that it merited all out massacre of women and children?

I also recall Ruby Ridge, and Randy Weaver, seems like he lost a child and wife to a sniper bullet.
A minor incident that showed that if you are a survivalist in the middle of nowhere, you are a terrorist? A babe in arms?

Spin it however you like...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When bullets fly your rationale goes out the window.

Koresh was a lowlife who used women and children as human shields. Defend your position any way you like. What's done is done and spin is what happens afterwards.

Randy Weaver broke the law and being the "patriot" that he was he put his family in that position. He should have had them safely removed before he "defended" his rights. But if that happened there wouldn't have been a martyr would there?

The same applies to the Koresh compound. What parent would put their children in that kind of situation or environment to begin with?

And as far as your opinion of my morals...well that's exactly what it is. Just your opinion

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Is there any way that we could have both Dick Cheney AND Keith Olberman leave the country?

They both tell lies for a living, they just do it for different sides.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

All of these people (talking heads) do what they do for the reaction. Just don't listen. Change the channel. I watch King of the Hill instead of MSNBC or Fox

And to keep this from degenerating into some kinda Randy Weaver/militia bashing thread I shall bow out. I've said my piece.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Obtaining information from capture combatants through some persuasive means is one way that they made America safer.

Yes, persuasive means I.E. Torture.
Cause thats what America is supposed to be about? Torturing POWs? Call em enemy combatants, illegal combatants all you like, they are prisoners of war. The second we declared war on a named enemy which was The Taliban/Al Qaeda they were then and there protected under the Article 3 of the Geneva convention. Naming them illegal combatants doesn't lessen the rights humans have to be free from torture.

The Iraq war was another matter that needed to be dealt with.

Sure, had to finnish off our once bestest buddy Saddam, sure
Wasn't enough that in the 80's we stabbed him in the back with the Iran Contra affair, we gotta make up total BS about him and take out our lacky.

And if we went in and stopped them from obtaining Nuclear Arms before they can be used on us or local allies in the Middle East.

Did we find those WMD's by the way? EVER? And what country used nuclear arms in an act of war again, and is the ONLY country to use nuclear arms in an act of war?

I had none of my civil liberties trampled by them taping phones and watching internet traffic. If they cam to you about something suspicious then you probably doing something you shouldn't be doing.

Kinda funny eh? That goes allong with that old saying, if you havent done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Hmmm Yea never mind that due process under the law crap, just get's in the way eh?

What happens when they make something illegal you like to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join