It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin and 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

About 20 years ago I had made friends with a local politician and we had many conversations at that time on how to work a crowd, thinking on your feet, how to change a failure into a success...suffice it to say he was grooming me on basics while I was polishing him on some finer skills as I was an accomplished live actor at the time.

So no, I can not produce RNC plan " Scrub 2008 for 2012 and Beyond", if you compare say Nixon vs JFK you can see eventhough Nixon was Ike's VP and did not have his endorsement that the campaign and RNC support was there. McCain did not have that. In fact rejected quite a few that tried to throw support his way while they were following the party line. The whole Bill Cunningham "Barak Hussein Obama" fracas is a good example.

Just keep an eye out for over-exaggerated examinations of any shortcomings by any Democrat. You will see unknowns presented as big time leaders to take advantage of exploiting their mistakes. Just to paint all Democrats with the same brush. Nothing new here, the same play book page was used against the Republicans over the past eight years.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

Admittedly McCain was not backed by many Republicans. But they were dedicated to their party enough despite him being a more "centered" candidate (which really isn't the case when you start looking at his layout towards the last few months. Especially in regards to supreme left that was going on.) to choose him over Obama.

It is funny how you had to mention that your "lawyer friend" met her and McCain, why does that matter? Maybe your "lawyer friend" felt stupid in front of her becuase she was smart so he had to put her down.

I doubt that is the case. I was not taking note of the fact that he was a lawyer as in a "this makes him a genius" way. It was only to describe how he came into the money he did. If I was going to base opinions off of professions or academic records I would have referenced my family. Columbia, Princeton, and Yale Graduates. Admittedly myself still and undergrad. I did not do any such thing. He was simply referenced based on him and his wife (not a lawyer) meeting Palin and her presidential running mate.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

[edit on 6-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

I don't think she's 'dumb', you've been brainwashed by SNL & CNN if you believe she's dumb, I bet she's much more intelligent than you, she's where she's at because of her intelligence despite her husband being a professional snowmobile racer. I think mainstream washington is scared of her because she wants to clean them up, they don't want to be cleaned up, they want to stay as dirty and corrupt as ever, she's an outsider so no matter how much support she gets she will probably never be president for the same reason Ron Paul will never be president, because she doesn't have ties and connections, and if you don't have powerful ties and connections in politics, well you aren't politically going to get to the top, the people support and like her, I bet you think the majority of people dislike her, this isn't true, I voted for Obama, but her existance on the ticket caused me to consider to vote against Obama, that's how much I like her, my liberal sister likes her too.

this is true, the media portrays Palin as a person with a mental disability and they treat ron paul as a crazy mad scientist. why? because both these people want to clean up washington, and the media/dumbocrats and republicans will not allow it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
McCain was not supported by conservatives. McCain was not a conservative, just a tired old man.

Sarah Palin is unique. She is a lot more canny than most Washington insiders give her credit for being. She scares them because she just gets things done, and isn't or hasn't been so much invested in the process.

When we consider what we've had in Washington on both sides for the last two decades, even a certified idiot could do as well, simply based on the law of averages.

Palin will polish her speech. She won't be coming out of "nowhere" the next time around, and she'll know more about what to expect from the liberal media who clearly wanted Obama to win.

It will be interesting to watch. The Liberals and Democrats are in a hole right now, and they're digging themselves (and us) deeper into a hole every day.

When you find yourself in a hole and can't get out, normally, you quit digging.

If we last until 2012, it will be a swing of the pendulum the other way.

It's gone as far left as it's going to get.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

That is true and I'll admit to coming down a bit hard last night when I wrote this post. It was mainly the racism story they described (sensitive subject to a fault). You raise an excellent point about what they've done to Ron. Although I do wonder why they still have Paul on MSNBC as much as they do considering the media does bounce him around a bit as a nut. I'm always surprised to see him on there to be honest.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree there's always room for improvement and I have admitted coming down on her a bit too hard. In retrospect she actually handled herself quite well. I mean being thrown into the spotlight as a VP candidate like that.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

has no one seen the simpson movie??? the next president is Schwarzenegger

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

If Palin is a racist because her pastor is racist, then Obama is racist because his pastor sure is racist, haha.

Her mindset is closer to the peoples, this is what I liked about her, all I am hearing is regurgitated anti-Palin propaganda, maybe you bought it but I
won't, but again it doesn't matter, you don't need to be threatened, she'll be the vice president the day Ron Paul is president, it'll be the same day gold is one dollar an ounce and the atlantean hall of records is discovered under the paw of the sphinx.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

It was a combination of that along with the belief in the witch.

If Palin is a racist because her pastor is racist, then Obama is racist because his pastor sure is racist, haha.

Touche on that my friend. Touche on that.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Interesting enough, I was watching a video on this website about a guy that had one of the best theorys on 2012. What he said was that the mayans said when 2012 comes around, that our conscious will transfer from the mind, to the heart, Also saying that our world will become a womens world.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by -zLFz-

Interesting. What evidence did s/he have to support this theory? Maybe you could link the video?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Is that the same video I watched, kind of sounds like the same topic, 2012 is enlightment of the people. hahaha imagine that, all the jerkoff people Ive met actually have a heart in 2012, damn what a day! Looking forward to 2012 but if nothing happens I will be pissed and older and pissed

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Calling Sarah Palin dumb?

On what grounds?

Are you not just parroting what the mass media would like you to believe,

Look at at DC, those who are governing us now, and have been , Look at Pelosi then look at Palin, I would like to give Palin a chance as I see her as an Washington outsider.

DC politicians,
Now that's dumb, right in your face dumb!!!!!!

A dumb you can watch with you own two eyes, and hear with your ears, both of them.

They make my skin crawl.

[edit on 112828p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentMoulder

Palin would take control of a country in trillions of dollars of debt.

Dear god that sounds like the Democrats, I tried to find some info on this.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Don't get me started about Pelosi.....I hate her too lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

As you say he was not backed by many Repubs, that man has a very long history in DC stirring up things that's why some turned their backs to him.
Check out www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Why is it odd? I don't understand your premise at all. Quite often, a candidate from a previous election is running against the current president in the following election. So um.. no, nothing odd or surprising there. About her running in 2012 at any rate.

Since that is not odd, I'll have to say pretty much that your ideas are far-fetched guesswork of massive proportions. And even though you call her stupid (in so many words), and I did not support her, I'd guess she is smarter and more savvy about politics and world events than the vast majority of the U.S. population. I guess your idea of 'stupid' is not the same as others.

This is further compounded by the fact that with probably a 99.95% certainty, nothing out of the ordinary for any given year will occur in 2012. None of the current ideas surrounding events in 2012 are based on anything other than guesswork, sloppy research, and new-age silliness targeted to those who will buy any idea you sell them for fast $$$s.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Of course nothing will probably happen.

This is further compounded by the fact that with probably a 99.95% certainty, nothing out of the ordinary for any given year will occur in 2012.

Where did you get that number?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Um, with everyone bashing everyone else's intellect, did anyone realize that Barack Obama will be the President of the United States for every single day of 2012? If there's a new president, they won't be sworn in until January 2013.

And if something does happen, wouldn't it be one of those "National Emergencies" where the president can delay an election/inauguration and stay in power, that our beloved George Herbert Walker Bush wrote into law?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join