It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin and 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it a bit odd that Sarah Palin is a Presidential hopeful for 2012 and the world is suppose to end in 2012? My theory is that Obama will not be able to save the economy (because really no one can) and as a result the masses will start looking into the GOP more seriously as a President. This is the basic psychology we see in the masses/sheep. One choice isn't good (or doesn't work out for us) so we choose the other. We are driven by one is better than the other.

The fact is Sarah Palin is dumb. I know that might be coming off as harsh. Despite being considered intelligent all my life (based on standardized tests and IQ tests given to me), I never have put anyone down for being dumb (hell, we all act dumb sometimes!), but she is. She didn't know Africa was a continent. Why would multiple McCain aides say this if it wasn't true? I could understand being pissed off for helping to destroy McCain's chances but why would aides come up with something as random as "She didn't know Africa was a continent?" I mean that's kind of a random choice of insults to make her look stupid. Hell, the news was released on FOX. Need we even reference the Katie Couric interview, that quite frankly a 5 year old could have presented themselves better in. How about her believing in witches, bringing misfortune on towns inevitably having a poor African women driven out of her village? How about her Creationist views? I'm sure she's a nice person to at least some extent. I am not blaming her for McCain losing.

There is a very wealthy conservative family, my family has been friends with for nearly 20 years. They strongly supported Bush. Gave their bleeding heart to McCain, and so on. They are lawyers (at least the husband, and rather good at their job). Just like they do every time election rolls around they went out to support their Republican candidates. Of course being as elite as they were, they were allowed some private time with the candidates. They were extremely psyched by the choice of Palin (I don't know why). Needless to say they enjoyed McCain, but I have never once in my life seen this family as frustrated by an individual as they appeared after speaking with Palin. The very memory brings their heart beat to an escalation. They went on to note things such as, she was "the most unintellectual person they had ever come across", "she understood government and various countries in particular at a basic 10 year olds understanding" and "It had become quite evident she had never left Alaska". Not to mention "she should have stayed a pageant queen", "she is openly racist". This was all very strange coming from such devout religious and political conservatives.

I honestly think it is no coincidence that she could very well be the President during 2012. There wouldn't be anyone with her (lack of) intellectual level able to sneak into office as easily. Given some of the comments she has made geared towards racism I honestly would not be surprised if the Middle East along with Africa were wiped out. Do you want this women to have the key to our nukes?

[edit on 6-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Are you aware that the RNC did not to win the presidency in 2008? I haven't really decided on what I think of Palin as I have never met her. She may be exactly as described, she may have also been coached to behave that way.

There was a huge bounce when she was announced. So much of a bounce than McCain came very close to winning despite one of the poorest ran campaigns in recent history.

The RNC didn't want the White House for one reason, if the US falls into absolute chaos the Republicans can ride in on a white horse to "rescue the nation". They are betting on a whole new Ronald Reagan type thing...I have my doubts they will pull it off. But I have seen stranger things happen.

Keep in mind Reagan did run in the 1976 primaries against Ford to little fanfare.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
*unnecessary sniping removed*

Gov. Palin brought life into Sen. McCains Presidental Run, maybe there was a better choice Mitt Romney, Mark Sanford, Tim Pawlenty but you being a Liberal fool would just make up something else to further bash the GOP to find a flaw in them as well.

I can find numerous reason so show you Obama doesnt really know what hes doing. State a few, bad choices in Cabinet picks the 4 that didnt pay their taxes, Richardson and his legal problems. Having big lunches and dinners and daily TV interviews doesnt make you a great leader.

I will state it here right now. If Barack Hussein Obama aka Barry Soetoro wasnt running as the first fake black president and running of "change" which who even knows what that is, he would of lost. It just this time every minority came out in support of Obama thus ending the momentum of McCain/Palin ticket knowing his defeat, they didnt even try and that was noticable.

McCain/Rice ticket would of owned it

I honestly hope the guy can pull it off for the sake of America, but your messiah wont even pull it off and will fail at it.

Im hoping the front runners of the GOP in 4 yrs if they run

Gov. Sanford of South Carolina
Sen .Chambliss of Georgia
Gov. Pawlenty of Minnesota
Gov. Palin of Alaska
Former Sec. of State Rice
Gov. Crist of Florida

But who knows we still have 4 yrs, we will start to see people pull into in another year or two

====
Mod Edit: Post about the subject, not the poster, please.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

I wasn't pumping my ego, in fact she's the first person in my life who I've called stupid, quite literally. If you have read my other posts around here you will know I usually begin by saying things such as "I am very incompetent regarding this subject, however...." and such like that. I think you should read my other posts before acting like you know me. In fact I had this page open when I made this post, right when I received your absurd message:

Is that true that we weren't evolved from apes? Because that's what I was taught. And what's the deal with this "missing link"? As you can tell I am not the brightest person when it comes to anthropology.

Why would I say that if I am as arrogant as you claim? Why do you call me arrogant when I am not attacking anyone on this forum calling them a fool? Giving a different opinion makes me a fool? Oh and I AM NOT Liberal. In fact I stated quite clearly I supported the GOP awhile back. Also personal attacks are not allowed and I don't want to have to bring this up with a moderator. I hope we can keep it friendly

Then you bring up Obama, which almost feels like a false assumption that I think he is some type of genius, or that I even voted for him for that matter. Then say I consider him a "Messiah" (I could assume you are a republican here, but I will resist, as you did not)....I remember actually writing a post where I stated quite the contrary quite clearly. You see if I had the ego, you claim, I would call you a fool for assuming all these things. But I am not because...well....you don't know me and I don't know you.

As I've said, and I will say it again. I have never called anyone stupid, save Palin. The main reason this is is not because of what was mentioned above but that she continues to conduct herself as though she is a good candidate. When there are way better Republicans.

I'm not mad at you
or anything. I just wanted to say that I am not the person you said I was. You should learn to have better control of your emotions
. Perhaps it was a mistake to call her stupid, but someone who continues to think they would make a good president when lacking the fine skills is just pathetic (No, I am not saying Obama has these skills as you might jump to).

Now let's not let this be a side tracked thread, or let some peoples emotions get out of hand.
Take a deep breath! 1...2....3....

Let me add. I agree with McCain/Rice ticket I doubt he would've lost.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Please point out to me one instance where NativeAmerican (OP) tries to come off as being smarter or higher than any of us as you say. Seems to me like the OP was simply trying to get a discussion started. Correct me if I'm wrong; Going simply off of your choices of hopeful Pres. candidates for 2012, I'd guess your from a small town to mid-sized in the southern or mid-western region of the U.S.? Besides Dummy Palin, I mean Sarah, your mentioning of Chambliss scares the fecal matter out of me. Chambliss is a known racist. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it were discovered he's a former Klan member. And as far as Obama being the "Messiah" (more reasoning for my assumption of your location), Bush was the "Messiah" for the republicans back in 2000 and look at the bang up job he did.

No one is expecting Obama to wave a magic wand and make this economy magically turn around. Well, let me correct myself... Those who wish his failure do. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that it will not happen overnight. I honestly believe it will take at least 3-5 terms of presidency to do a complete 180. All Obama can do in his 1 or 2 terms is listen to advisors and hope it works.

Last thing. You stated, "Obama doesn't know what he's doing.". Name one president who had previous presidential experience prior to becoming president. Presidential elections are nothing more than picking the lesser of 2 evils. Glad we went Obama.

The ABSOLUTE MAIN reason we have a terrible economy is due to the "War on Terrorism". Granted, our books have been in the red probably since the Nixon era, but jesus christ did Bush speed the grave digging process up. McCain's intentions were to keep us over there for as long as possible. Should McCain have won the election, we would have ended up being property of China. More than what we are now. I think I've rambled enough.

One more thing. Lol. I promise.
Fighting terrorists is like trying to exterminate roaches. Ya kill one, 100 more pop up.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by AgentMoulder]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentMoulder

Last thing. You stated, "Obama doesn't know what he's doing.". Name one president who had previous presidential experience prior to becoming president.

I like this point a lot
. A lot of people assume that presidents once being elected take on this almost above human, all knowing stance. This is not the case. They are human, and as humans we are constantly learning.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Let me pose this question at this time. If not Palin, who do you think would be the least likely to handle a crisis such as a Polar Reversal or any 2012 like scenario?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I have often wondered this myself. It did seem towards the end that McCain had kind of given up. Do you think this is because of some type of plan as suggested? And if so what sources do you have?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

I don't think she's 'dumb', you've been brainwashed by SNL & CNN if you believe she's dumb, I bet she's much more intelligent than you, she's where she's at because of her intelligence despite her husband being a professional snowmobile racer. I think mainstream washington is scared of her because she wants to clean them up, they don't want to be cleaned up, they want to stay as dirty and corrupt as ever, she's an outsider so no matter how much support she gets she will probably never be president for the same reason Ron Paul will never be president, because she doesn't have ties and connections, and if you don't have powerful ties and connections in politics, well you aren't politically going to get to the top, the people support and like her, I bet you think the majority of people dislike her, this isn't true, I voted for Obama, but her existance on the ticket caused me to consider to vote against Obama, that's how much I like her, my liberal sister likes her too.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Alright I have asked to have this topic taken down since apparently people have decided to make personal attacks towards me because I claimed to be smarter than someone who supports a pastor driving a black women out of her village. God forbid, the one person I call stupid is Sarah Palin

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

I do agree with you as far as needing political ties to make it to the white house. However I still believe Palin is "dumb". Not dumb in the sense of book smarts, but politically dumb. And I think McCain chose her, not for political skills, but because she was a female. I think he saw Palin as an opportunity to potentially pick up Clinton supporters. If Obama did not have the support that he had, I think McCain would have went with Mitt Romney on the ticket.

What scared me about Palin was the fact that she left the small town of Wasilla in nearly $20 million worth of debt. I think my subdivision is bigger than the town of Wasilla. Should McCain have won, and god forbid have died, Palin would take control of a country in trillions of dollars of debt. I think she would have been a bit inconducive to the process of getting out of the debt we're in. Palin always seemed to pull the hockey-mom card when faced with difficult questions. I feel like she is truly unaware of what goes on outside of Alaska.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

God forbid I watch the news. You claim she is smarter than me (maybe you are right), yet how are you judging intelligence? I judged it after being told she was a racist (from people who had personally met her and are enthralled to the conservative party) and the known fact that she supports a pastor who drove a black women out of her village for being a witch. I think it's safe to say I have more common sense. Not to mention the whole Africa situation.

But you know, racism is cool and smart!

I am judging it on common sense.

Now as far as becoming Governor. Admittedly I am not (and I do admit that does take a certain level of smarts) a Governor, but nor have I tried or want to be.

I'm sorry, I'm ethnic, she's a racist. I called her stupid. Sue me!

Unfortunately this has become just a political debate with the core of the thread removed. I imagine it will not be up too much longer. God forbid, I raise the question of politics and their brains and have personal attacks thrown against me. Unfortunately this seems to become the nature of ATS. I'm sorry if my original comment offended anyone. Now let's learn to be adults.

Moulder thanks for defending me, but it seems as though offending conservative supporters only ends in bloodshed.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentMoulder

Not dumb in the sense of book smarts, but politically dumb.

That was my main reasoning. It was her common sense. I'm sure she would butcher me in mathematics!

And I think McCain chose her, not for political skills, but because she was a female. I think he saw Palin as an opportunity to potentially pick up Clinton supporters. If Obama did not have the support that he had, I think McCain would have went with Mitt Romney on the ticket.

I agree with this full-heartedly. As a politician it would make sense. Clinton supporters fell in the dark after the Hillary loss and were looking for someone they could relate to.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
LOL with all that dribble aside, you mentioned the next president who will have to deal with a Polar Shift or the World Ending. I wouldnt know anyone that would be able to handle that "IF' if ever happend. Not sure it even will. If they were so in touch with the future, where did the Mayans go!

Dont plan on attacking yea anymore I stated what I wanted so thats over, just like you did. We are even now (NativeAmerican)

Yes i live in a small town thats loved by the New Yorkers here in PA- usa Palin, Jindell, Pawlenty, Crist are said to be some of the rising stars of the GOP reason I mentioned them

as for Sen. Chambliss maybe he is a racist but thats is here say, plus I never heard of that.

Sen. Byrd (Pro-Tempe of the Senate) was a known KKK member and I dont see anything negative with him

so whatever hahaaha we can be civil

to plug - I think 2012 the film will be a failure!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

2012 film being a failure - Agreed lol

Then again apparently the third X-Men installment was a box office hit

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Also glad to see you would support a McCain/Rice ticket
I would of better supported a dem win with Clinton/???? as long as it was the horrible Gov. Ed Rendell!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Speaking of Xmen yea the last one went the wrong way killing off everyone quickly

I see good things for Wolverine, hell Gambet is in it!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Well getting back on track (although, yes, Gambit = win). When I was thinking of a Polar Reversal there are a couple scenarios that are possible. When I was formulating this thread I was basically thinking of a more gradual cataclysmic event as opposed to an instantaneous "bam everythings dead". The scenario that had come to mind was some type of flooding which would then involve evacuations. If we are to take the ancient Sumerian text seriously then it would technically be possible to survive an extreme flood if planned properly.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Not sure if it will rise immediately, like just flips over taken you from standing to being piledrived. I think if it does happen, it will slowly flip and the weather will change. Southern hemisphere will snow and freeze while the northern hem gets a nice tropical look.

If it flips all at once than we got a problem now do we, honestly not sure like the movie predicts the water getting that high, destroying the monks

I listened to a video wish I could find it, with a man mentioning alot of stuff from these years to 2012, he talks about not a Revolution but Evolution and the years of enlightement and by 2012 people getting back to the basics, growning there own food etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If you knew anything about conservatives you would know that real ones did not even like McCain because he is not very conservative despite what people may think, he is middle of the road. So your "conservative" friends aren't really in the main stream of that party, they are off to the left. True conservatives did not like McCain.

Anyways, it is funny how things are turned around to make people look stupid. Nobody that is "dumb" can get into office. You need to meet so many criteria to get votes. People don't vote for candidates that are dumb. I mean really, these people in Washington and running states and the country, they can't be dumb. Maybe they are not as smart as Einstein, but they are not dumb by any means. I am saying this and I don't like most of these people in office now.

The statement about Sara Palin talking about not knowing Africa was a contenent was taken out of context. If you heard the whole clip, then you would see that was not true.

People jump the gun to much! People are jealous so they put other people down. It is funny how you had to mention that your "lawyer friend" met her and McCain, why does that matter? Maybe your "lawyer friend" felt stupid in front of her becuase she was smart so he had to put her down. People do that all of the time. Who the hell is he to judge? NOBODY!!!!!!!! If he was, then he'd be running for office instead of talking crap about people that are more successful then him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join