It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milk Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

Milk, does a body good, I drink it all the time, it's my #1 favorite drink, I used to drink whole but I cut down to 1% and non-fat, but it still tastes good, for a baby cow and for me yum, it's good stuff, makes your bones strong, seriously the people I know that hate milk have weak bones and are weak physically in general.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I'm with you on this, I am a vegan, and I have gotten alot of slack for it. But, I am in the best health of my life and would never go back to eating animal or dairy products.

One thing for sure, people will look at you as if you're nuts, my family sure did. Then they started to notice the subtle and then drastic changes that take place after avoiding animal foods. It blew them away.

I don't preach, never will. sometimes you just have to mention the change you make when they ask, and then let others decide for themselves. The evidence sparked a change in the eating habits of my family and some friends, after seeing what it has done for me.

C'est la guerre. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
milk is good for you, especially if your into body building.

I know some people who are trying to get bigger that drink 1-2 litres a day.

Whey, the stuff protein powder is made from comes from milk.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Valkyria]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I stopped drinking milk a few years back... this is gonna sound odd but everytime I would drink a glass of it i'd get a migrain headache atleast 30 to 40 mins later... and this went on for atleast 3 or 4 months before I figured out it was the milk that was doing it... like what do they put in that #, gasoline?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
I stopped drinking milk a few years back... this is gonna sound odd but everytime I would drink a glass of it i'd get a migrain headache atleast 30 to 40 mins later... and this went on for atleast 3 or 4 months before I figured out it was the milk that was doing it... like what do they put in that #, gasoline?

I had a comparable experience after living in Germany for two years. I started buying German milk on the economy since it tasted quite better. I moved back to the states and I simply cannot drink the milk. Drinking the milk here is almost like drinking poison and it taste like crap. Even the so called "real butter" tastes funky compared to butter imported from Europe.

I should also note Germany doesn't flouridate its water like the states.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I stopped drinking whole milk about 10 years ago and switched to non fat.
I don't get headaches anymore.

I think some people are just susceptible to issues with milk in varying degrees.
There is no doubt we need calcium but we could get it elsewhere also Children needs more calcium than adults. Milk is just a cheaper and easier way to get it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Lol i just read all ur guys's replies, and thank you for your outlook. I will certainly ponder on it. And on ur ambiguity. I agree, this probably does seem very funny to alot of you.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I heard this theory from a woman I used to work with. I drink a lot of milk, at least a litre a day and have even gone through 3-4 litres in a day.

Its pretty much my only healthy "vice"

My bones are pretty strong and I grew up to be a fairly big boy with decent health, so I think I'll keep drinking milk

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think it might also depend on where u get ur milk from and how good they pasturize the milk the produce.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have my own backyard Jersey that I raised from 4 weeks old. I've been milking her for three years now. We filter, chill then drink. It tastes as fresh as a milkshake. There is no skunky aftertaste that you get from cooked/pasteurized milk.

When you buy milk at the grocery store, it is never fresher than a couple of days. By the time it comes from the farm, goes to the dairy, then the store several days have passed.

When milk is cooked, so are the healthy enzymes necessary for your intestinal tract and the enzyme "lactaze" which breaks down lactose.

Since I am responsible for the health of my family, I am very clean with the whole process. I always have bleach out in my barn to keep the floor clean. I milk into a stainless steel bucket. I brush my cow before milking her. I clean her teats off before milking. If my cow could talk, she would tell you she is a very content and spoiled cow. She spends her day grazing fresh grass during the summer. When she gets too hot, she comes up to the barn and I hose her down with cold well water.

She never gives me a hard time when I milk her. She comes into the barn and knows she will get brushed and fed molasses covered grain. She is allowed to keep her calf with her until it is weaned. She has never gone through the stress a normal dairy cow would at the birth and separation of her calf.

I make butter a couple times a week, cheese and yogurt. My mozerella cheese is so gooey and stretchy on pizza. My chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth because the butter is so perfect. Grilled cheese sandwiches are addicting too.

The promised land was a land flowing with milk and honey. I believe cows are a gift to us for their meat and milk. I also believe in taking loving care of the animals that provide for us.

I know what is in my milk and what is not in it.

There are no hormones or cooked puss in our milk. If my cow gets an infection, I know immediately before it is a problem and I know how to treat her. I have nine barn cats and a dog who are more than happy to drink the milk I do not take into the house.

Homogenization is worse for you than cooking the milk. It is a very fine screen that slices the fat globules into smaller pieces and suspends the cream into the milk. Unfortunately the fat isn't the only thing being sliced open. Cow dung does get into the milk, but that is ok, if it is cooked and killed, but when the dung and cooked infection gets sliced open you are exposed to everything that was in the cell. If you do a google search you will find that is the cause of allergies.

I am totally sold on raw milk. Currently my cow is dry and awaiting the birth of her third calf. She had a year off between her 2nd calf and this one. She has the good life.

The downside of having my Annabelle is I have to milk her twice a day whether I want to or not. It keeps me close to home ten months a year. I have a neighbor who trades milk for eggs and he helps out when I need him to.

When the shtf, I hope I can help neighbors out with our milk. I do get 3 gallons a day and the calf gets the rest. There is no way a calf can or should drink that much milk a day anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
Did you know to get your daily dose of 1200mg of calcium per day, you'd have to drink 3 large glasses or more (depending on if you got calcium enrinched milk or not)

I have read that by eating less than 1200mg of calcium per day, you run the risk of those bone disorders mentioned above.

Probably most Americans think that one glass a day is fine....that's why they are having bone problems.

As for humans "not meant to drink cow milk"....what about eating cows? If we are true omnivores, what would happen if we ate a cow....OOPS should we cut out the milk sac? What about the rest of the cow that we eat??

There are way more weird things we are eating than cows milk......Aspartame anyone?

I drink 3-4 or more glasses of milk a day. I love it and I am perfectly healthy. So I agree with you on people thinking one glass is enough when it really isnt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join