It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm becoming slightly atheistic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Look, I've tried religion, and I don't like it. It's not that I'm a fearing person of the one who created the universe. It's just that I have had so many different theories about the universe and I don't buy the arguments that prove that a God created the universe. I think that more than one Gods probably created the universe. Or perhaps that they aren't Gods. Maybe there is a supreme ruler of the universe or something like that but I don't know if these people are Gods. I don't think they're bad people. I however do believe that these people who we called Gods might not be Gods at all. They might just be beings that we don't really understand. I'm not one of those people that think that nothing created the universe or that the Christian religion or that other religions are all false.

I believe there is some other dimension in which people go to after they die. There is just a lot of proof that people here don't just go after they die. Many stay here as ghosts and many go into this other world where they can interact with here and they live in their other world at the same time. I just don't think that these people want to be called Gods. They want to be respected. I don't believe they would call themselves God. I would believe they would want to be respected. Not worshipped. I just think that they would probably recognize that their unlimited power doesn't mean that they can do anything that they want. That's why they let the universe to run its course and they watch over us and they let us do what we want. They gave us free will because they understand that their power has limits.

I'm just becoming an atheist in the sense that I no longer believe that these beings are the ultimate beings of the universe nor that they want to be. I just think we're mistaken in calling them God. They may be more like us than we imagined.

I've been trying this religious thing and this faith thing in the past all to no avail. I don't believe that anyone or anything is completely supreme. They may have supreme power but like anyone else they would probably not want to control everything about the universe for all of eternity. They want to help us. They want to guide us. That's why they come here every few thousand years or so to let us know they're still there and to give us paths to advance as a human species. But do they want us to call them Gods? I don't believe that.

Your thoughts? Opinions?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You're becoming an agnostic

TOTALLY a one liner

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
No I'm becoming slightly atheistic.

I already said that I don't believe in the concept of a God anymore.

I believe that these beings are really powerful but they're more like us just with special powers to teach us something.

I just don't believe that they want to be super powerful and all controlling.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Atheism is an extreme, you cant be slightly atheist.

What you said just sounds like the theory of ancient astronauts and the Sumerian stuff rehashed. You should probably read the book No Earthly Explanation, I found an old copy in my basement recently, maybe I should read it too

If you do believe that stuff, I dont really, but try reading the Bible again but replace all the Spiritual words with more contemporary ones, like aliens instead of angels, flying saucers, genetic engineering, sky/space instead of heaven, etc. Then you might find Christianity is EXACTLY what you're thinking of?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think your theories are very interesting.

I am atheist in that I don't believe in a "god", but I do believe in life after death and a spiritual realm. Those "others" that you think might have special powers? I think they are us. I think we are limited by physicality here, but our spirit and mind are virtually limitless once we break free of the bonds of physicality. I think WE created us.

Good luck in your path.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

That's not true. That's just propaganda your church tells you.

I'm more like a rational atheist.

I am not a disbeliever.

However, I disbelieve that God is all powerful and that his purpose is to simply control us. If that's what God is to you then I disbelieve in that.

I believe that there are more than just one of those super beings out there . That they aren't just manifestations of one being.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's interesting. I like to think that but that I think they created us in a sense but we control what our perception is of them and how they are to us. The fact that so many people see so many different things that means that either we are them as you say or that basically there is one to watch over every one of us.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I dont call that propaganda, I call that definition. Check it out. Atheism is the disbelief in a God or supreme being/beings. I dont need a reference go look in your dictionary!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Then you misunderstand where I'm coming from. I disbelieve in the concept that these beings are Gods in that sense. I believe they're there just to teach us a lesson. Since I disbelieve in the way they're described that they're all powerful and that they must be worshiped. You obviously don't understand atheism. I am more of a believer in the spiritual or metaphysical world world, like, Benevolent Heretic. If you believe that atheism is just the lack of the belief in Gods then you're mistaken.

top topics

join