It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not paying my taxes this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Reason? because Tom daschle didnt. lets see how fast the police come to my house to arrest me *i'd say the day after they are due*

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

You are probably right. They'd probably show up bright and early on April 16th.

The double standard is outrageous, though. They want MORE of OUR tax dollars to spend on their pet projects, but they don't feel like they have to pay what they owe.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

considering democrats are the ones who love to raise taxes, if someone such as daschle should ever suggest a tax raise, they should be whipped into submission and forced to resign.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 5-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You don't owe income tax anyway. It is an unapportioned, direct tax, a fraction of slavery, and theft of the one thing a working man should own: his own labor.

It's ridiculous, immoral, and unconstitutional.

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by username371

You don't owe income tax anyway. It is an unapportioned, direct tax, a fraction of slavery, and theft of the one thing a working man should own: his own labor.

It's ridiculous, immoral, and unconstitutional.

Google Video Link

it is impossible to not pay income taxes, it is automatically taken out of the pay automatically

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
Reason? because Tom daschle didnt. lets see how fast the police come to my house to arrest me *i'd say the day after they are due*

You don't go to jail for not paying taxes. You can however if you refuse to file them.

And what kind of point would you be making?

AAC

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

You don't go to jail for not paying taxes. You can however if you refuse to file them.

And what kind of point would you be making?

AAC

the biggest double standard in history

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have not payed taxes since 2003 and the best part is the government sends me $985 a month tax free.

Sure beats working for a living.
Hurts less too.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can save you a whole lot of time, money and aggravation.

Pay the darn taxes.

I paid mine and they are claiming that it was not enough. The hell that I am going through right now is just not something that you want to voluntarily invite on you head.

They "will" get you. One way or another they will get you.

I refused to pony up the additional cash and they made a move to levy my paycheck which they would have done if it where not for a letter from my accountant stating that she was in contact with the IRS and was attempting to straighten out the mess.

It is not over and will probably take another three or four months to get straight.

They will not budge. They will not listen and they will not admit when they have made a mistake.

You have no recourse unless you have a whole lot of money to fork over to a bunch of attorneys which in the end is more than what the IRS is asking for.

It is wrong. No matter how you twist it or how you turn it, it is wrong and there is not a whole lot that you can do about it.

I am so mad that I would gladly go to jail but I have too many mouths to feed to go that route.

Watching those corrupt politicians that have bled us dry get away with not paying their taxes when hard working honest people are being raked over the coals is just one more thing that proves that we have to fix our government and restore our country.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I have not payed taxes since 2003 and the best part is the government sends me $985 a month tax free.

Hurts less too.

What do you mean, the government pays you $985 a month and you dont work? Where is that $985 coming from and why are you not working for it?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

I don't blame you - they will just whip it out and skin yer bean down the road.

Even the fellow you hate payed up - and coughed up interest.

My bestfriend did the same thing and he has been in hell for three years...

Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Daschle's former Democratic colleagues had rallied to Daschle's defense in the wake of questions about his failure to fully pay his taxes from 2005 through 2007. Last month, he paid $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion
reply to post by Swatman

Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Daschle's former Democratic colleagues had rallied to Daschle's defense in the wake of questions about his failure to fully pay his taxes from 2005 through 2007. Last month, he paid $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest.

thats only because he was caught. he could have never paid them if people didnt find out. just like bernie madoff.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by ANNED

Hurts less too.

What do you mean, the government pays you $985 a month and you dont work? Where is that $985 coming from and why are you not working for it?

Hopefully a disabled vet who deserves it. None the less, 1000 bux a month is no living.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion
reply to post by Swatman

thats only because he was caught. he could have never paid them if people didnt find out. just like bernie madoff.

Just like - fill in the blank ( ) -

top topics

join