It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting the record straight on area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
After reading a few posts on area 51 I was laughing my ass off. After watching the videos I was laughing even harder! This is not the "most secure sight in the us" I worked at the INEL in Idaho for 2 years in the Navy operating the A1W nuclear prototype reactor. The security there was MORE than those dumb ass videos of just a sign. A real high security installation has armed guards at the gates. We had a checkpoint off the main highway before driving 10 more miles to the site itself. The site itself had another set of security, double barbed wire and motion sensors. Everything is x rayed in and out. Every so many cars are searched. Anyone who thinks this "sign" near area 51 is unlike anything else, try again and get a life. Try driving on a military base without stopping and see what happens! Duh. The INEL also has its own helicopter, video, and other crap as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi there! I think the thing to remember here is that nobody really knows the full extent of security on the area 51 site. While we can speculate, we can't know for sure and even those who do are not telling. Of course you know the security of the site you claim to have worked at, would you venture a guess at the accuracy of the you tube videos? would they even let anybody close enough to film actual security measures? probably not.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Its a military base! Its not "secret" at all! Even the damn sign states Nellis airforce base test range! The government is not covering up its existence, its Nellis AFB! Yea, they use thermal, ir video and motion sensors. OOOOOOO Has anyone on this site ever actually been in the damn military? Oh, btw, the damn sr71 was not invented and tested at Nellis, it was done at Edwards AFB which was just as secluded before the build up around it. And the "deadly force" is such a threat? [ill-mannered comment removed], the marines on our carrier had the same order if any one tried to break into the nuke weapons storage area too. Try jumping a fence and running towards a silo in the midwest and see what happens! Just say hi to Jesus for me!

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by christopherledwards

There is no need to be rude. Just because you don't agree with some people indulging in fantasies of UFO and Governmental cover ups doesn't mean you should be condescending. There are some experimental crafts being tested out there and high security and has by some chance maybe proximity to Roswell or the fact that it wasn't a very publicized which lead to a feeling of secret work being done that may not be of this Earth. And with a few good story tellers, you have the greatest secret base on Earth, or deep below the Earth in some stories.

What I am trying to say is to you got to understand where some of the Area 51 enthusiast are coming from and try not to be mean to them.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I mistakenly took this as a serious topic, sorry. I don't believe in indulging fantasy. Yes, secret aircraft are tested there. Yes, Northrop Grumman is a contractor there. Want to know what they are working on? Look at the Northrop Grumman employment page! Unmanned aircraft, propulsion nozzle design, magnetic bearings,intel, etc. Its all right there. The real cutting edge work is being done at White Sands and the Livermore Lab. Chemical lasers and war simulators.

Oh, anyone who claims to work at one of these places and is "telling" secrets is a flat out lie. People who really work there are given random lie detector tests like we get drug tests.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ok, thought about it for a while and thought I'd say something positive. If someone really wants to see the inside of "area 51" here it is: Join the airforce and apply for the fuels program. There is a billet there for the blending of specialty fuels, testing for flash point,freeze point, etc. One also is responsible for fueling the craft. If one does really well(I mean top scores and evals) in the field, the assignment can be had. The detailers in DC will tell you of the position if you qualify.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well if its that unsecure then why dont you just take a lil stroll out there, past that sign, then come back and tell us all about it.

Take a video camera with ya to document it.

Have a nice trip!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have been past those signs on other installations! Have you? The "real" gate is most likely another 5 miles away.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Nope! I can't say that I have, but I can say that I've been inside the "Laser Technology Research Laboratory" at Redstone back in 1980-81 and can tell you that security was an issue there as well, and taken very seriously. I wouldn't of recomended to anyone that I cared to ever see again, to try to breach security. I can only imagine that security at 51 is likely to be as serious.
So, why so hostile?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
maybe because I was looking for "real" information on the area. I wanted to know how the power is made at the site and if I could look into a job running the power plant. I spent 12 minutes watching a video of 2 guys dancing around in front of a sign at the end. The only usefull information I gained was to not watch any more videos! I'm better now and sorry. Maybe I'm sick of my job and want to work in an area like that again to feel important and satisfied. It was the best feeling in the world to show my badge and get in, driving down the road to the site in Idaho with the cooling towers in the distance. All that when I was only 21. To have staff access to any building on the Navy/Westinghouse complex. I miss it. Why not go back? Kids, their friends, my friends, my wifes family all keep me in this area. So all I can do is dream of dreamland. Sorry if I offended anyone.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So is the record straight now?!
Comparing the security of facilities seems to be the clincher?!
Whatever goes on in Area 51 is most likely beyond yours, mine
and everyone elses comprehension. I am still trying to figure
out what record was straightened out.
Can you define "the record"?!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Say what you will but Area 51 is definately classified as a Military Base, the signs are on the border of the test range as we all know. The use of private security like Blackwater or Wakenhutt is just the first line of defense and as nobody has made it to the guard shack we cannot speculate as to what happens if ou make it that far!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a military base Im sure you would be greeted by armed troops and more than likely shot and forgotten. Refer to a earlier post where I describe a real detainment at others expense. Wasnt a whole lot of fun but a basic arrest and detainment for questioning.

Los Alamos National Lab has armed troops at the gate so does Kirtland A.F.B. and Holloman A.F.B. but then again each of those are located in populated areas, Area 51 is not its in the middle of the freakin desert thus the use of sensors and cameras ect! The sheer size and terrain would make it impossible to gate completely.

Nice work at ttrying to debunk this thread but I give you a F for effort and am personally nominating you for the Metalsludge Smack in the mouth reward!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Don't confuse the Nellis Air Force Range with Groom Lake. They are controlled by different groups. Now granted there is a slight interaction between Nellis and Groom Lake, which is easy to prove since they share an EDACS trunk radio system.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Thanks Gariac,

You have the patience of a saint! You always preset facts.

Thanks for Base Camp et al.

Mark

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The INEL is not a military base and has the same level of security. The INEL is loacated in the middle of no where also between Idaho Falls and Arco. There is no, none, nada proof aliens are there, zip. If we do have aliens, they would not entrust anything to the air force. It would be the CIA or NSA.

Different com systems prove nothing. We use different freq. at my work to avoid flooding one channel with needless chatter. And a "trunking system" is used by my local highway patrol, are they hiding aliens in there cars! Any secure com is microwave point to point.

That much security, in my guess, is nukes. Could be a base to supply nukes to planes(besides testing)

Slap in the mouth? Go back to playing D&D, your fantasy was my reality.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Unlike you, I have served in the military. While being in the USMC, I was stationed at MCAS Yuma, AZ. I was part of the 2nd LAAMB and did many field exercises in highly classified areas due to the radar technology we were using. Parts of Fallon, NV. and Dugway, Utah were areas we live tested our radar and the security was nothing like Area 51. I have talked to workers that spend 20 years working on radars near Area 51 on the Nellis Range and they couldn't even get a sniff of Area 51. Area 51 is by far the toughest security I have seen. The base itself is nearly 20 miles from the "signs". They have equipment on Bald Mtn. that we can only dream about. I am not sure exactly what is going on at the base. I am sure it does not involve aliens, but the security is by far some of the toughest and most complex I have seen.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

There are two kinds of radar operators on the Nellis range (as far as I can tell). There is one set of operators, civilian from those I've met, that run the threats for Weapons School and Red Flag. The TPECR would be the 2nd type of operator, and I think they are also civilian. I suppose a 3rd tier would be those that operate at Groom Lake itself. Anyway, the contractors that do WS/RF/TPECR won't see anything unless the Groom Lake screws up. There is a classic video on the net from one of the Rolands.

Nellis UFO from Roland operator

photos of radar threats

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was in the military, nuclear plant operator in the Navy. The INEL contained a site run by westinghouse which had live plant nuclear prototypes for training. Westinghouse and the Navy co-ran the site. I also had a close friend who was billeted as fuels at "area-51". Know what they told me? NOTHING. Anyone who claims to have "heard" or "been told" is full of crap. Their whole career and chance for any sort of future security clearance is on the line and they know it. They also know they can be prosecuted even when out. A civilian contractor won't say a damn thing either because they will be barred from ever working on a government contract again. As far as the "pictures" go from "inside" they are FAKE! Every person is searched in and every bag is x-rayed. No one would dare break the rules by bringing in a camera, ever, for fear of losing their clearance. As far as knowing what radar they use? Again, only they know because releasing ANY info on it would result in a breach of national security.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by christopherledwards]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
got to be one of the worst posts on here. Talk about dissinfo agent or what.

there are countless very good threads on area 51 on this forum, but for the OP to completely go off the rails with regards to the dancing at area 51 video, which i actually found quite amusing, is completely dumbf ounded.

I dont believe for one minute he served in the military, possibly he had a few GI Joes as a kid, but thats about it.

This thread would never have started IF the OP had typed " AREA 51 " in the search bar and actually done some reading.

I would close this thread down now as the OP is just digging himself a bigger hole with his ludicrous replies.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Ive always said to those who want to challenge the security out there at A-51 to dive right into the attempt and let us know how it went.

I have yet to see any report or documented video of anyone attempting to go byond that sign out there.

Its one thing being behind a PC and be all talk, but its a whole different deal when they stand at that sign reading "Use of deadly force authorized".

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by RFBurns]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join