It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a Surfer Dude Stunned the World of Science With the 'Theory of Everything'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Dimensions to a mathematician are entirely different than what your thinking to a mathematician a light switch can be 2 dimensional it has an on state and and off state. To A mathematician it is simply possibilities

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
Correct me if I'm wrong here...but isn't this still a theory? Since when has theory become fact? So please...to the people who treat this theory as the conclusive...step out of the world of physics and into the world of English first!

It is clearly stated in the story that it is still a "theory".. (that is pretty much obvious I would think). Such a theory would, technically, be almost impossible to prove anyway unless you could somehow prove the significance of the E8 (How would it be done in the first place?). All we have been discussing are the implications and possibilties given this hypothetical scenario.

Orthogonal Projection of an E8 Polytype

An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything

From the above link, this is a basic rundown of the new theory..

each of the 248 symmetries of E8 corresponds to a different elementary particle, which can interact according to the geometry of E8. As Lisi describes it: "The principal bundle connection and its curvature describe how the E8 manifold twists and turns over spacetime, reproducing all known fields and dynamics through pure geometry."[2]

The complicated geometry of the E8 Lie group is described graphically using group representation theory. Using this mathematical description, each symmetry of a group—and so each kind of elementary particle—can be associated with a point in a diagram. The coordinates of these points are the quantum numbers—the charges—of elementary particles, which are conserved in interactions. Such a diagram sits in a flat, Euclidean space of some dimension, forming a polytope, such as the 421 polytope in eight-dimensional space.

In order to form a theory of everything, Lisi's model must eventually predict the exact number of fundamental particles, all of their properties, masses, forces between them, the nature of spacetime, and the cosmological constant. Much of this work is still in the conceptual stage—in particular, quantization and predictions of particle masses have not been done. And Lisi himself acknowledges it as a work-in-progress: "The theory is very young, and still in development."[9]

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You have seen it before..... Everyone here has.

The flower of life,

from which is derived these other shapes...

I guess the ancients weren't idiotic idol worshipers after all eh? Look Familiar?

India..

Temple of Osiris, Egypt...

Turkey..

China...

Leonardo Da Vinci thought it was pretty sweet also...

You know what is really cool? Ed Leedskalnin, the man who built the Coral Castle, was rumored to have generated his own power there. He said he built a machine that did it by using what he called "Magnetic Current". He said numerous times, that the world had gotten it wrong, that science was wrong about everything, and that if it wasn't set right we wouldn't "go anywhere". He wrote a book to try and explain this property he called magnetic current. On the cover of the book he drew a design, it looked like this.....

Some speculate that design was what Ed referred to as his "sweet sixteen". The design is simple enough, until you start playing around with it...

Then it starts getting interesting...

I guess eventually, all roads lead back to the source....

Maybe we have a another look at Human history, because maybe, it wasn't all stone wheels and slaves after all.

Exactly, I've seen this exact shape in the sky while under going Psychedelic induced euphoria. (Mushrooms)

In my opinion I think everything is made up of the exact shape in the same ratio, everything is a perfected pattern.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN
The most impressive part of this is the inclusion of gravity. You realize what this means?? You can find a way to PRODUCE the necessary particles and create your own gravitational forces. Interesting how there are only 20 particles left...

Amazing how the E8 shape is essentially a "periodic table" of the universe's fundamental particles and construction, allowing you to predict what is coming next and what its properties will be. Just think about how useful the periodic table is, and what this could do, if proven.

I believe that the periodic table is wrong, and that the amount of different particles are infinite.

What are atoms made of? The same thing everything else is made of?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Part of the excitement is that it does not require highly complex mathematics to understand. In the arcane world of particle physics, a simplified theory that actually makes sense, is a fine rarity indeed.

After reading this I thought great I may understand this theory maybe/maybe not? lets have a look.(Below)

Source:

An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything
Authors: A. Garrett Lisi (Submitted on 6 Nov 2007)
Abstract: All fields of the standard model and gravity are unified as an E8 principal bundle connection. A non-compact real form of the E8 Lie algebra has G2 and F4 subalgebras which break down to strong su(3), electroweak su(2) x u(1), gravitational so(3,1), the frame-Higgs, and three generations of fermions related by triality. The interactions and dynamics of these 1-form and Grassmann valued parts of an E8 superconnection are described by the curvature and action over a four dimensional base manifold.

What did that say again?

So than I down loaded the .pdf WooW

It's still highly complex to me.

Zelong.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hi, inquisitive persons.

To **begin** to understand this last/new theorie, go there:

www.thesonsofthelawofone.com...

and download: The Divine Cosmos by David Wilcock.

It explains the geometry that is everywhere in the universe,
and is proved by this new theory of everything !

Blus skies.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is some pretty heady stuff...Usually, I can get the "jist" of these papers with a skim...but man, I'm going to actually have to really dive into this to even make heads or tails of what he's saying...or more accurately, how exactly this unifies the theories...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
I believe that the periodic table is wrong, and that the amount of different particles are infinite.

What are atoms made of? The same thing everything else is made of?

I think what you mean to say is that you believe there is an infinite number of elements.

I think what the more prudent question to ask is whether or not there is an infinite number of configurations of subatomic particles. We live in a finite universe. Therefore, logic dictates that there is a finite number of elements native to our universe (not infinite). But this doesn't account for atoms and whatever subatomic particles might be entering our universe from "somewhere else" (perhaps a parallel universe or another dimension subsetting our own).

But look at dark energy..
Scientists believe dark energy involves tiny particles blinking into existence and then disappearing (from where?, to where?, why? who knows). But it almost seems like it is just a wild theory that is only considered by science because it fits their carefully constructed mathematical models. We really have no idea if dark energy is real or not. We just know that science believes it is a valid theory because it would explain so much that is yet unexplained.. The ongoing expansion of the universe for example.

Consider this hypothetical scenario though..
Let's say for a moment that dark energy is real. Dark energy blinks in and out of reality all around us. It does this randomly and at a consistent rate throughout the entire universe, thus transferring slight amounts of energy into our universe and increasing the rate of expansion (almost inflating it). But where does it come from? If dark energy comes from another dimension or another universe, then it could very well be carrying atoms and subatomic particles from other "realities" into our universe. This means that even though there may be a finite number of elements native to our own universe, there could be all kinds of exotic atoms entering our world from other universes and dimensions we don't know about.

And if atoms can be transfered from one universe to the next, it also makes you wonder if information and ,eventually, people might even be sent back and forth as well between dimensions and/or timelines. Perhaps "dark energy" is simply tiny particles of energy coming from our own universe billions of years in the past or in the future. When you consider all the really odd stuff that goes on in our universe like super-massive black holes,white dwarfs, and magnetars.. It almost seems possible that our own universe might be sending energy, particles, atoms, etc.. all back in time to our own universe in the distant past. For all we know, this is how the big bang occurred

I've talked about this in depth in other threads.. But it might be that deep within a black hole at the "singularity" subatomic matter and energy are accelerated to speeds faster than light and, thus, sent back in time.. Scientists now believe that wormholes might be caused by black holes. White holes are theorized to be ,basically, the exact opposite of black holes.. Instead of taking in material they expel it or throw it out (but where and when??!) If the material is being accelerated faster than that of light, it is possible that it is being sent back in time through a wormhole. And when you consider the fact that the universe is expanding right now, you see a universe that was much small and more confined billions of years ago. This means that there was less space for these white holes to pop into existence and spit out all this energy. When you rewind the universal clock even further to the point of the big bang, the only point for all that energy to exist is within a space smaller than a subatomic particle. Of coarse it would have exploded! That would also explain how the first atoms and molecules got here shortly after the creation of our universe!

-ChriS

[edit on 11-2-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
Here's a good video explaining his theories...

VIDEO LINK

Nice to watch if you have a bout of insomnia.

Absolutely worthless for the common people. Let me see... If it can't build me a free energy machine out of this whole mumbo-jumbo it's more or less useless...

It's just a theory people, nothing is end all and be all. ***k knows what actually happens in stuff at the quantum level, let alone how the whole universe works. Just because a guy with a PHD can eloquently theorize better than everyone else doesn't make him absolutely right.

Don't get your collective panties in a bunch...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by SkepticalSpectacle]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
whoaaaa ok
read the pdf, completely over my head

but if i get this right, the guy has basically done the same thing as Mendeleev with his periodic table of elements back in the days - discovered a SYSTEM every single particle can be placed within, even the ones we don't know about yet. that's.... that exceeds all levels of awesomeness!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gone_wrong

It's a neat theory and the implications (if proven true) are pretty mind numbingly immense. It is still a theory though however. Alot more work needs to be done..

I'm not exactly sure how you would somehow prove this theory in the first place though.. When you start reading into the E8 and this guy's theory that the E8 is not only the shape of the universe but also responsible for everything within it...How would you prove something like that? There might be a way to, over time, prove that the theory is more and more plausible based on on-going scientific research. But that takes alot of money, time and effort. There just isn't any easy way to prove that this is actually what we see in reality... And if it is going to be proven, eventually, it is going to be an uphill battle against mainstream beliefs in the scientific community.

Even if this guy is correct you have to consider the possibility of the mainstream scientific community suppressing this guy. There are alot of scientists who are well-known and famous because of their theories. Alot of money changes hands for scientific research too. The status quo of scientific understanding does not sway easily. Especially when you are talking about such a theory coming form a "surfer dude" (pardon the expression). Some theories challenge the mainstream more than others.. This is one of those theories.

This has happened for decades though.. Mainstream scientists have motives toward their own ends. This means that scientists both corporate and academic are unwilling to budge when it comes to wild theories like this because they don't want to lose their grants, their offices, their salaries, and they definately don't want to lose credibility among their peers by being proven wrong by a surfer dude.

What I think will happen in the short term is that mainstream scientists will likely try to find a way to:

1- discredit this individual since he is not a real scientist.
2- twist the theory around a little and try to make it their own.
3- try to prove him wrong or at least try to convince people he is wrong.

-ChriS

[edit on 16-2-2009 by BlasteR]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join