It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a Surfer Dude Stunned the World of Science With the 'Theory of Everything'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It would be somewhat ironic for the human race to figure out the theory of everything and then realize we're going to go back to genesis in 2012.

The end and.....the beginning......again.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Great heads up OP...Thx!!

The LHC should let us know whether he is on the right track or not, but I won't be surprised if it (LHC) opens up a whole other can of worms...NPI

That linked vid really has me brain cooking...the coral example is exquisitely elegant...fractals are my favorite..

Gotta add that I really envy this dude and his lifestyle...there is genius in simplicity..

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Surfers and Beach-Hangouts know more about life than us building-dwellers in the first place.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Surfers and Beach-Hangouts know more about life than us building-dwellers in the first place.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

Word

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The simplest answer is usually the correct one, but no simpler.

Lisi's E8 geometry - i think, not sure - may be linked to the fibonacci series, itself

linked intricately with the golden ratio (and angle) "phi".

Will post a follow up if i can get him to reply.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

And this comes to mind..
The craft could be simply traveling through a cloud of minute ice particles eventually slowing the speed of the craft. Scientists believe that the Oort cloud is where all comets were formed and originate from anyway. I've always wondered where all that water came from though too. It had to come from somewhere.. Mars? Jupiter? The sun? The disk of gas and dust that created our solar system? WHO KNOWS!

-ChriS

That's actually one of the best conventional explanations---the space craft is impacting dust,etc which is closer to being at rest with the solar system center of mass. Momentum conservation => slower speed.

It's the speed of light thats changing. The speed of light is not constant and is a function of the density of space (the vacuum/quantum fluctuations/dark energy-matter etc). Since light is travelling faster "out there" it looks as if the craft is slowing down. Simple really but totally contrary to existing dogma. A variable speed of light also accounts for all sorts of observable astronomical anomalies.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here is a interesting question for someone.....do we even know where the center of the universe is? And if there is suppose to be a black hole at the center of each galaxy would there be a super enormous black hole at the center of the universe?

It got me wondering as I looked at the image of the E8 that pjslug posted.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Great story, his theory seems to be holding some water. Lets hope they make more conclusive proof of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
can discern all you want.. we were all raised in this controlled society so I highly doubt anyone from it can grasp the conecpt of a TOE and what absolute truth is. Hell we even lie to ourselves its the nature of being human.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I doubt that anyone here has the necessary level of understanding to pass any kind of supportable assessment on this guy's work.

So I'd take it easy with all the "oohs" and "aahs", it could be complete garbage, you just don't know yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
First off, people have been talking about the "Fractal" nature of the universe for years. Shamans have talked about the grid-like geometric nature of reality for thousands of years.

This guy is cool and laid back seeming, but it must be nice to surf all day and live in Hawaii because you lucked out huge investing in a struggling company right out of university.
-------------------
"I had gotten lucky by investing my graduate stipend in a little company many thought was going out of business (AAPL), so I decided to go to Maui, learn to windsurf, and work on physics on my own." G.Lisi
---------------------

Second off, this hasn't "stunned" the world, as its old news (at least a year old). The world of theoretical physics and cosmology is still driven by "String Theory".The LHC a multi-billion dollar project aimed at proving elements of string theory has yet to change its operating objective .

All in all, it seems like a story the media loves. You've got your supposed "hermit" scientist, and he doesn't look like the typical scientist. Hes got muscles, sunglasses nice healthy face that's seen alot of sunlight and hes a "surfer dude". GNARLY

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My 'theory of everything' is that we cannot possibly come up with such a model because we simply just don't know enough about the universe we live in.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

this G-8 thing, sry i've never heard of it, looks a lot like metatrons cube

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

i think shakespears to be or not to be is the answer, simply put it's up to u to decide.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

everythings in motion right? on small scale its due to magnetic/electric polarity, on larger scales its due to gravity and the shifting of time/space... the only thing we know of that can due both at once is a blackhole so yes it would make sense that a black hole is keeping everything at large scale in motion.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
very impressive considering his circumstance, although he does have a doctorate in physics...im not well versed in physics by any means, but what he explains makes sense to me. I personally think its interesting to compare the shapes hes describing to "sacred" geometrical forms..some basic similarities in my eyes.

and what a cool dude..
theory_of_everything.html

link fix

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Doug Gaveld]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
haa
no surfer guy figured out Sh!7
nassim haramien bin talkin bout unified field theory 4 years
n it explains everything i havnt heard even 1 hole init
tha surfer guy dun a lil research on the subject
and claimed it as his own like, " ive jus had an epiphany"
load of bull!!!!

peeaaaccceee

1`

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
who cares, where all about to have huge natural disasters, martial law and asked to go to FEMA camps so they can kill us all for the new world order...2012 they know is bringing huge natural disasters and wars, who the heck cares! get right with God cuz hes the only one who knows all these answers, and attempting to answer the things we were not meant to know (in this life) is a chasing after the wind. YET, it is THIS EVIDENCE of wanting to know what God himself knows that makes us sons and daughters of God. We are immortal spiritual beings with the desire to know all as God knows all, as we are his children.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by $upa-$tAr7is7
haa
no surfer guy figured out Sh!7
nassim haramien bin talkin bout unified field theory 4 years
n it explains everything i havnt heard even 1 hole init
tha surfer guy dun a lil research on the subject
and claimed it as his own like, " ive jus had an epiphany"
load of bull!!!!

peeaaaccceee

1`

why bother posting when your entire post is filled with ignorance and hate? if you had disagreeing useful input that's fine, but dude, your just posting filth.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

I agree with you on the filthiness factor of said post in question but Nassim Haramein (www.theresonanceproject.org...) has been talking about a similar unified field theory for years.

Filthy but it did have a tidbit of info.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join