It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Experiment DISPROVES Water Divining

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Check this out guys.

Very interesting ready.

www.skeptics.com.au...

Chris

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wow, they had $22,000 of gold, so I did some calculations based on current pricing
and that's only 4 pounds

I love it how in movies they show people carrying gold bulion that's like 8 inches long by some 4 inches thick. That's about 200 pounds and is worth about 1.2 million dollars
and no such gold bars exist...actual bulion is small, about an inch thick and maybe 5 inches long and 3 or so wide

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
and your point is??

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
HI guys!

Well, dont know what to really say to the link, other than the fact that I have first hand experience that divining (or witching as we call it) really does work.

I am a geologist, and have been involved in many drilling projects. It was SOP for my driller to *witch* the area prior to sinking a bit, just to make sure no utilities were in the area (and yes, we did have all utilities notified prior to drilling). I didnt believe it the first time, but after many months in the field, it came to be a trusted part of our routine. He showed me how to do it, and I didnt think it would happen, but it did, with no help from me.

I use 2 copper rods, bent in an L shape, held loosely in my hands, pointing forward. When I center these rods over a pipe (steel, iron, PVC, rubber) they twist (yes, can feel it in my hands, no motive force from me whatsoever) towards each other. We calculated an approximate 95% accuracy rate.

I cannot explain any mechanism that would account for this, but to say that it does in fact happen!

Anyone else have similar experiences?

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've never tried it, but maybe it has something to do with magnetism, or polarity?

Water is polar so maybe a divining rod is homing in on that some way, and same with other stuff such as pipes and what not?

I don't think the experiment was all that fair, while it surely was empirical it didn't take into the account that diviners don't seek out moving water, that is localized and constantly flowing from place to place in plastic tubes, all that stuff could have had an effect on their abilities.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I originally thought the same thing, that it had something to do with magnatism, although when I witch, the readings are not confined to water sources (although the majority are related to water).

I have had hits on metal rods, keys, steel toed boots, and, (I have no idea why, but it has happened to me at least half a dozen times) totally empty PVC pipe (up to 3 feet underground), and at least one totally emptly rubber hose.

Have no clue how it works, but work it does!

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well can you go through it in more detail what you do (what stuff you use, how it is constructed and all) because surely its not like I grab an "L" shaped stick and presto, I'm a deviner, is there some kind of concentration involved? Maybe the type of divining wand stick thing you use?

I wanna give it a try

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I do believe the experiment to be of sound nature (regarding the flowing water issue). You see alot of farmers use it around my local area to find underground rivers (flowing) to sink bores to irrigate crops and feed animals etc...OF course there is a scientific method to finding these underground rivers, at a hefty price mind you. Water Divining offers a close estimate at a cheaper price. Although if the Water Diviner is off on the day, sinking a bore into nothing could prove more costly in the long run.

Chris

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by OzChris]

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I learned witching by watching an old driller... he had 2 copper rods, about the diameter of a straightened clothes hanger, about 6 inches long on the long side. He would hold both of them in his hands, pointing forward, and walk around where he thought a pipe or utility line was. If he walked over one, the two rods would point at each other, of thier own motion.

He put them in my hands, told me to hold them loose enough that they could move somewhat freely, and told me to step over a known line. No meditation, no concentration, just do it. When I did, the twisted in my palms. I felt them twisting about like someone pushing them with thier fingers. Was the wierdest feeling in the world to feel them moving in my hands. I dropped them the first time.

I still have those rods (after that, I was addicted and he gave them to me) and they still work... I found a buried phone cable in my backyard with them.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anybody who knows anything knows it's impossible to prove a negative.

Dowsing is used to find buried cables at 2 NASA sites, White Sands Missile Range and the Nevada Test Site. I know, I've been there watching it.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hmm... Copper rods.. metal pipes.. seems to me that the rods in your hands are picking up mild electrical currents. I may be the same with Water Divining. Underground rivers may cause a slight electrical charge, which may in turn be registered with the rods. I have never seen this done with wooden rods... I saw a guy make them out of 2 coat hangers once..Maybe it is electrical or magnetic.... Still this doesn't provide the answer to why people got it so wrong on the day of the experiment..

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If there really is any electrical or magnetic field, it is totally inductive, as I have had it happen numerous times while wearing rubber boots, so there was no chance of me completing a circuit with the ground. Also, they function just fine with non metallic pipes, such as PVC, rubber, clay, ect, even when they are bone dry (so no current coming through a water body either).

I have been bouncing this off a couple of coworkers (even did it for them to see, they didnt believe it until I did it in front of them). We are wondering if the void created is somehow forming a localized disruption in the geomagnetic grid.... however, if that were the case, would be easily detected on other equipment....

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This just proves that people will find exactly what they're looking for and believe in.
So skeptic's will be able to disprove everything unless they change what they believe in.

They disproved dowsing in their experiment, still there are businesses and scientists who dowse with success...

new topics

top topics

join