It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: Florida Clinic Botched Abortion, Threw Out Live Baby

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to judge or jump to conclusions-
I am a mother myself-I would never, ever get an abortion and I never have.
However I am completely pro-choice-even in late term D&C -because my life has been touched by people who have had to make some very, very hard decisions regarding bringing life into this world.
Nobody wants to kill babies-OB/GYN resident students (and yes I know some) have to make a very hard choice to take on this task-and they don't do it to "kill" for the sake of killing, thats for darn sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

TAMPA, Florida — Eighteen and pregnant, Sycloria Williams went to an abortion clinic outside Miami and paid $1,200 for Dr. Pierre Jean-Jacque Renelique to terminate her 23-week pregnancy

I BELIEVE WE ALL SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO DO WHATS BEST AT THE TIME........23 WEEKS SHE WAITED TO DECIDE SHE DID'NT WANT TO HAVE THE BABY? 23 23 23 WEEKS I AM SO SHOCKED......

IF YOUR A FEMALE THEN YOU KNOW YOU REALLY KNOW THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT,OR I SHOULD SAY ALL FEELINGS YOU BODY HAS AT THE TIME IDENTIFY THIS TO YOU.........
23 WEEKS

AT 23 WEEKS I DO BELIEVE IF YOU UNDER HAVING THE ABORTION THEN YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO GIVE BIRTH TO THE DEAD FETUS(like still birth)

I ALSO BELIEVE THAT WHEN YOU UNDERGO HAVING AN ABORTION THAT IT ALL HAPPENS IN THAT DAY, WHAT I MEAN IS MEDICATION IS GIVING TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS MAKING YOUR BODY THINKING ITS READY TO 'GIVE BIRTH'.....
WHAT WAS SHE DOING AT HOME MORE TO THE POINT?
23 WEEKS IS DISGRACEFUL......ABSOLUTELY

IM NOT ANTI ABORTION.....I BELIEVE IF NECESSARY AND FOR THE RIGHT REASONS....
23 WEEKS IS SCANDALOUS

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

what a sick country we live in where ANYONE would think this was an acceptable option of what to do with a living baby. i am praying for god to take away my disgust and hatred of these people. i'm also praying for justice for the murder of this child.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Im pro-choice as i believe it is people's right to chose what they do with their own lives.

I'm also anti-abortion in the sense that i know i could never do it. I lead my life in a non-violent way, i don't eat meat, i never killed anything except a few insects, so i don't see myself capable of killing my own offspring.

But no matter from which point of view you look at this news, it is wrong, wrong, WRONG. What was that woman thinking when she waited so long? What were the doctors thinking?

Is it even legal? (sorry, I'm not from the US and also i didn't read the whole thread...)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A lot of babies with low viability are simply starved to death, exp "crack babies". Or simply extinguished in destination area via various procedures. (Depending on Baby Doe laws and its enforcement via the States.)

Usually discarded babies are cremated, utilized by pharmacies, or used for a source of organ donations. (Exp. Collagen used in make up, pancreases can be used for diabetics, stem cell research, etc.) I don't understand why they discarded the baby without utilizing its parts. (Note: If the Fetus is merely a part of the mother, and is a mass of tissue. Without self worth, then why not utilize what is there?)

I simply don't understand why the logic of "female choice" doesn't extend to infants as well. If they are undesired, why not extend the law to allow infanticide up to 24 hours after birth? To cover botched abortions. Otherwise abortion clinics are breaking the law when the botch a abortion and kill the baby. (Something I think Obama was trying to do in Illinois?)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
I agree. This is very disturbing. The person who did this should be charged with murder. I went to the article and read the whole thing and what I don't understand is why the woman watched this happen to her baby and said nothing at the time? It was a week later when they got the dead baby that they ran tests on it. I know she was young at 18, but still, she should have said something at the time.

Easy answer. A week later she realised she could sue the clinic and get some money out of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I would take what you have to say on this matter more seriously if you at least used a grammar/spell check before you hit send.
Kim

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join