It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cramps Lux Interior R.I.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just read Lux has passed away. I will never forget the first time I saw him live. He was amazing. He wrote great song like Human fly, bikini girls with machine guns.

www.latimes.com...

Peace
Trustnobody

[edit on 5-2-2009 by trustnobody]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow... The Cramps are one of my all-time favorite bands and I was lucky enough to see them live a few years ago, right around the end of their last tour. The best show I've ever seen. This news comes as quite a shock. RIP. And my thoughts and prayers to Ivy as she moves on without him.

More great songs to remember... Journey to the Center of a Girl, Saddle Up A-Buzz-Buzz, Nest of the Cuckoo Bird and God **** Rock & Roll.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I feel like Rock n Roll is finally dead without Lux in the world. He was what Rock n Roll should have been. Here is a great video.

www.youtube.com...

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whoa! This is the first I've heard of this. Thanks for the info. I've enjoyed the music of The Cramps for over half my life. The night I saw them live in 1991 has been indelibly scorched into my brain. Lux, strutting his stuff in a pair of pvc panties and stiletto heeled shoes.The aesthetic of the Cramps influenced so many sub-culture movements and bands. I must admit, I never really listened to anything they brought out after Stay Sick, but Songs the Lord Taught Us, Psychedelic Jungle, and Off the Bone are still in heavy rotation in my house.

Aloha from Hell, Lux.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Was looking to see if another member had taken care of this and here it is.

R.I.P., Lux...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
That is sad news. I was also a Cramps fan, saw them at the Hammersmith Odeon London in 86. A Date With Elvis Tour. It was the first night, I think they played for three nights or something.

We found out that afternoon they were playing, so we drove down and got seats in the balcony, better than nothing.
I think it made it more exciting though, because there was no weeks of anticipation just sudden wow, were going to see the Cramps! Tonight.

I would put it very near the top of my list of must see live bands, or must of seen. Legends. One of those unique bands that really have their own place in it all, even though they just ripped off obscure 50's songs lol.

A sad loss.

Edit; forgot the obligatory video...

edit on 9/14/2011 by ANOK because: to add the mojo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They were truly one of a kind. I found it to be very cool that the Cramps automatically generated the respect necessary to make copying them a taboo. I have heard and seen other bands that are obviously influenced by them but they will always remain singular and unique.

I saw them at the Timbers Hall in San Gabriel way back in 83.

new topics

top topics

join